Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

"Improved" Balsa USA Website...NOT!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

"Improved" Balsa USA Website...NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:00 AM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Improved" Balsa USA Website...NOT!

Hmmm.

Sounds like the," Emporer's New Clothes", to me....

PM
Old 03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess I'll get off my duff and E-Mail them my views also. On dial up its way too slow. I like their products too just not the new improved web site.
John
Old 03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

My computer also serves as the office radio / music system..

Guess I will voice my disconcern as well.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they don't mind but this is the response I got to my E-mail
Thank you for your response and constructive criticism is always appreciated. Change is always hard but we had just a many complaints about the old site. As it states our site is under construction so take that for what it is worth.
Interesting.

First off, I never complained about the old site. While it was due for a change I think that they got hornswaggled by the company that did this design. Looking at the company that did do the work http://www.nextagedesign.com I can see the influence of their work. To be honest even that company does things in a less than professional method. Their graphics don't match the backgrounds and the excessive use of flash is in such poor taste.

I also see the pop-ups as an issue. Yuk! I could go on and on but it would just get worse and worse.

And before some one says, if you don't like it do better. Well I can. I threw this one together for my RC club nearly 4 years ago. http://clovismads.rchomepage.com/ Imagine what I could do if I got paid
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
rcmiket

Your displeasure with the website would have carried more weight if you would have ordered something.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

Your displeasure with the website would have carried more weight if you would have ordered something.
I would have to bribe them? What makes you think I havn't bought from them in the past? What makes you think I won't buy from them in the future?

Just because the website is terrible doesn't effect the quality of the product. It only effects whether I can see or inquire about the product.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

LOL...

I DID order this week. I received a nice reply that unfortunately, got deleted before I thought to save it for posting here.

In essence the reply pointed out that some sizes of wood that can no longer be cut due to availability have been discontinued. The largest importer, (from Ecuador) was sold to a Canadian outfit that has ceased all hobby-related production in favor of limiting output to electrical wind mill, 3 bladed props. If smaller importers follow suit, the hobby goes without balsa wood.

If anyone surfs, you'll recall that the SOLE U.S. manufacturer of foam blocks,(used for surfboard cores) went out of business,(supposedly due to the cost of environmental pollution restrictions, fines, licences and legal fees) and the commercial surfboard business went dang near belly-up overnight. Let's all hope that this doesn't happen here. I may start to stock pile some wood, lol...

It was pointed out that for simple orders,use the link "frequent shoppers". I suggested this in a previous posting so I musta hit the nail on the head. Nothing else was mentioned other than folks resisting change.

I don't resist change. Heck, I WELCOME it as long as it's positive and constructive change. I won't be posting any more on this thread. I started it and satisfied with Balsa USA's response, (even though they never addressed my core concern), I now leave it.

PM
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 AM
datagoblin67
My Feedback: (1)

Wow. The only thing I could say that is good about the design of that website is that they do offer a 'dialup' option with no sounds an animations.

I am not trying to attack Balsa USA in any way, but as a potential customer I prefer a clean, fast site without the sounds and animations.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
carrellh

You do realize this was originally posted in March 2007?

I'm guessing B-USA is not planning to change the design since it is still the same after more than a year and a half.