Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

G26 and Kangke Monocoupe

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

G26 and Kangke Monocoupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Cyclops1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 and Kangke Monocoupe

Heard the Kangke Monocoupe was real tail heavy with some glow motors. Thinking about putting a Zenoah G 26 in the 90A (76 inch wingspan) version of this airplane, if it will fit. Does anybody know if it will fit and whether or not it will become too nose heavy......

Cyclops1
Old 01-14-2008, 08:14 PM
aussiesteve

Default RE: G26 and Kangke Monocoupe

I run mine with a 2 stroke glow (SK 130) - I had to move as much weight forward as I could to get it to balance. (Battery forward, Motor as far forward as I could mount it etc).

Not sure about the G26 but one of my flying buddies has an SPE26 in his - No problems mounting it - it fitted well and it balanced fine without additional weight. He didn't need to move weight forward, I think his battery is mounted near the front of the servo tray.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Neil9139

Have you looked at the new G-20 Zenoah is offering, it's more comparable to the power range requied and weighs eleven once less too!!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
aussiesteve

You're right that the 20cc is a better fit to the power range.
I have just retrofitted an RCGF 20cc gas engine to mine - an excellent size of engine.
I mounted the ignition module and the ignition battery in the engine bay and the receiver battery as far forward as I dared to place it and it balanced almost right - only needed a few ounces of lead to acheive the balance that way.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Neil9139

I have been headed the same direction but haven't bought an engine yet. The Zenoah came in at 41.6 oz's after doing a few checks that will be very close to balance.
I picked up my coupe at the field last weekend, it currently has a 61fx on it. I'm thinking the 61 will be on the short end of the power range and I have to add 22 oz's of lead. Might as well redo the cowl out of lead maybe even stainless, or something very heavy. The three hundred for the Zenoah is a little rough.
If I can only figure a way to sell the idea to my sweetie. HMMMM
I have a G45 and it's one of the best engines in my hanger, no fuss no muss just spin and go.
What's the grand total for the RCGF 20cc?
Thanks
Nei
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 PM
aussiesteve

Yep
The 61Fx is at the lower end of the power range. I had a few different engines in mine - ASP FS90AR, ASP FS120AR and SK 1.30 now - the RCGF 20cc. the ASP 120 and the SK 130 were the best options for the previous engines.

[link]http://www.zrcgf.com/[/link]

Is the US distributor for RCGF - I think he sells the 20cc for about $215 or so (Including ignition, muffler etc).

I am using a 16/6 JXF prop but a 15/8 would probably be good too.

Mount the ignition and the ignition battery in the first part of the cowl (Plenty of room there) and you'll be able to toss that pound or so of lead out.