Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Super Aeromaster 60 Plans

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes Super Aeromaster 60 Plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Roguedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Super Aeromaster 60 Plans

Thought I would try this forum as well.

Anyone here have a set of Super Aeromaster planes that they would be will sell or share or trade?

Always wanted one of these since the I saw the Great Planes ad back in the early eighties. Recently was able to get an Original first version of the Great Planes Super Super 60. In the kit was a Great Planes Catalog with the same pic that was in the ad showing a Super Areomaster in KnifeEdge under a ribbon. Way cool! See pic.

Great Planes does not hve the plans available on there website. Would love to build one of these.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95657.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1031531  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Super Aeromaster 60 Plans

Give me a couple of days to look and see if I still have a set. I built one for me and 1 for my brother. The one thing I did not like about it was the scarf joints in the wing. What a pain. I ended up cutting foam cores for them. That was a lot stronger then the scarf joints.

Dru.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you email the address below, you can get a set of plans copied. Price will be about $30.00 plus shipping:

[email protected]

Old 09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Sharpeye22

I have the complete Kit still in the box. It got water damage due to leaking roof but I will look to see if the plans are still OK.
Sharpeye
Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
jwharkinz

I am looking to build an aeromaster from scratch and would like to have the kit for the hardware in it.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:18 PM
jwharkinz

roguedog,

I just purchased a set from a seller who was on eBay and he has plans, Cowl, Canopy, and Wheel Pants. I'm still waiting delivery but he has this and many others.

[email protected]

Good Luck
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: jwharkinz

roguedog,

I just purchased a set from a seller who was on eBay and he has plans, Cowl, Canopy, and Wheel Pants. I'm still waiting delivery but he has this and many others.

[email protected]

Good Luck
So is this the email above for the guy that has the Super Aeromaster stuff?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Sharpeye22

Sorry all,
My post was short far I was offering to look into the plans for Roguedog. I intend to build the kit but it is way down on the list. I will have to use most of the Kit wood peices as a pattern to cut new.
Roguedog. The plans are in good shape. I usualy trace my plans and use the traced set to build from. I could do this and send you a set. I can also copy the additional photo pages that are not included in the manual.

The assembly manual is still available at: http://www.greatplanes.com/manuals/discontinued.html

Sharpeye
Old 09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Other then the pre bent cabane wires what hardware are you thinking about?? There really isn't A lot in the kit.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Sharpeye22

Yep,
Prebent landing gear, cabane wires, ABS cowl and wheel paints, canopy, motor mount and a package of miss. items you can get at any LHS, to be exact.
Sharpeye
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: Sharpeye22
Roguedog. The plans are in good shape. I usualy trace my plans and use the traced set to build from. I could do this and send you a set. I can also copy the additional photo pages that are not included in the manual.

The assembly manual is still available at: http://www.greatplanes.com/manuals/discontinued.html

Sharpeye

Sounds like a whole lot of work. But, that would be fantastic. The photo pages would ge great as well. Thanks for the link, I already dowloaded the assembly manual. Nothing else available off the Great Planes site, as far as the Super Aeromaster.

I did send an email to the address Bax shared earlier. $30 plus shipping for a set of plans. Man! What can you do? I let you know what the cost is when they get back to me.

Anything you could get me would be great. Thanks again.

Bryan
Old 09-12-2008, 11:27 PM
jwharkinz

The only thing i really wanted was the cabane wires and the wing rib stencil if they are in good enough shape, my latest kit builds have had some extensive modifications based on overpowered 3D flight and such. My idea is to attempt my first scratch build using this aircraft, I had one and lost it in a fire about 20 some years ago. It should be fun to see it again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98678.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1032144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69076.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1032145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89822.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1032146  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 AM
jwharkinz

Roguedog,

I wanted to know if you were able to contact [email protected] for the plans he sells, I did recieve my order, I am very pleased with the transaction. I also sent information to you about a kit on eBay for aution, yes, I also am bidding on it. The plans I recieved are very detailed and I should be able to complete the airplane with the information I currently have.

JW
Old 09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Roguedog

Hey JW. Thanks for the Email link. I did contact him and ordered all he offered for the Super Aeromaster. Plans, Cowl, Canopy, Wheel pants. Thanks again.

How long did it take for you to get the order from him?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM
HeavyDD

Hello all I just got a awsome deal on a Areomaster. FREE He got mad when I offered him money so I put a $50 gift certificate in his local hobby shop for him.
SO I need one of you nice gentlemen to take a pick of the bottom of your fuse of the wing mounting area/servo tray. Mine was hit on the bottom wing and the mount was tore off and is not there. Other then that its mint.

Its a 61 inch wing span.
I will add pics soon.

[email protected]