Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Citabria wing struts

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Citabria wing struts

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 AM
laiosto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citabria wing struts

I've bought a 3/4 built, part covered Bud Nosen Citabria off Ebay for $70. Bargain or what! What is missing are the instructions or a set of plans.I'm concerned about how to make and attach the wing strut.I take it that with a plane this big,the wing struts would be fully functional. Could any of you guys out there who have built the citabria mind posting some photos of the attachments and a brief description of how they are constructed?Thanks Tom.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 AM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Citabria wing struts

Try looking for a Bud Nosen Aeronca thread or Citabria thread. There are a few threads on them and some of them have great strut attaching techniques.......I'm going to try them on my next Nosen kit.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 AM
littlera

laiosto,

See the following - posts 481- 488 in http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#8616288. This is how I did it on a 1/4 scale Aeronca Champ (a Precedent kit, which is a virtual clone of the Nosen kit.) The struts on a citrbria are almost identical to those on its ancestor, the Aeronca Champ. These struts are fully functional, and my design allows them to stow away by folding flat onto the wing for transport. This makes for quicker setup at the field.

The build this was posted to was that of my friend SEBO, who posted just above. He was building his Nosen Champ at the time earlier this year.

Regards,

Randy L.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Lnewqban

Some pics:

http://www.elliotfan.com/art/flight/...cit_img_05.htm
Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
mucksmear

eh, there was a link to the Cub Den on my page there, seems the author moved it. I've just now updated the link so you should be able to nav to the Cub Den and see how "Cub Man" did his functional, scale-like, foldable struts, which is of course how I did mine. Less scale for a Citabria, but then again, I wasn't going for scale accuracy...

-Elliot
Old 11-10-2009, 04:08 AM
laiosto

Great looking plane.The turnbuckles attatching at the fuselage are really nice.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 AM
laiosto

Are the jury struts permanently attached at the wing,or do they unclip to fold down?Thanks Tom.