Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA 1/4 Sopwith Pup build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Balsa USA 1/4 Sopwith Pup build

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Chevelle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoops. Sorry for the late response. Just saw the post.

That emblem is sort of an inside joke. I was a member of an online community that flew the Red Baron 3D flight simulator. That is the emblem of our squadron, the Black Adders.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Emblem.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1950068  
Old 12-22-2013, 10:49 AM
jviss

Originally Posted by Chevelle
Whoops. Sorry for the late response. Just saw the post.

That emblem is sort of an inside joke. I was a member of an online community that flew the Red Baron 3D flight simulator. That is the emblem of our squadron, the Black Adders.

Thanks for the reply, and no prob with the lateness - this isn't life or death, after all. Funny insignia!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
jviss

Started building yesterday. Eight hours in so far and I am almost finished with one wing panel. Made a couple of mistakes and found my skills a bit rusty, but I recovered, and brushed some rust off. Found that my W3 rib center sections seemed to be too large at the forward end for the sheathing to fit correctly, so trimmed those; wish I knew for sure, and that I had known before gluing them in place.

I also noticed that the manual has two different parts labeled W3 in the "Key to Diecut Parts," page 6, 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] figure down, one W3 is in two pieces, the other in three: puzzling.

Found I had built in a slight warp, so I just spritzed it with water and put some weights on it. I think it wants to straighten out.

I am sure the following panels will build more quickly.

Finally, I ruined a cap for one of my bottles of CA - Great Planes Thin 2 oz. - is it possible to buy new caps for these?

Edit: I found you can buy "replacement tips," yet the tips for Great Planes CA are in stock nowhere. Does anyone know if BSI tips are compatible? Thanks!

Thanks much,

jv

Last edited by jviss; 01-03-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:34 AM
aussie
My Feedback: (2)

Guys

I have the kit for the Balsa USA, 1/4 scale. Would any of you be able to scan in the build manual as it's missing from the kit.

Would be greatly appreciated as the post from the US would be more than the price of the manual.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie
Guys

I have the kit for the Balsa USA, 1/4 scale. Would any of you be able to scan in the build manual as it's missing from the kit.

Would be greatly appreciated as the post from the US would be more than the price of the manual.

Cheers
G'day banana bender,
pm me your address, I'll send you a copy.

Regards Mark