Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Nexus.....ugh

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 02:23 PM
rpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nexus.....ugh

Well every time I take this thing out to fly it the damn blades get out of track. I did have a bend spindle and installed a new one .....got it to track real good the last time I went out, Then yesterday went out to fly and the blades are out of track again. Can a cool day or a hot day affect the tracking. I am out of ideas about this one, and oh by the way When I went to restart the thing after putting tracking tape on the one blade the damn starter pin broke again in the clutch. Sheeech I am wondering if this thing is as bad as every one is saying
Old 07-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Default Nexus.....ugh

I had a good good experience with my Nexus... until it wore out and started exhibiting behaviours like you mention... did you buy yours new? How many hours do you have on it? Which head is it?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94781_6878.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	54422  
Old 07-18-2003, 07:23 PM
rpat

Default Nexus.....ugh

Jim,
I bought it off of ebay, probably my first mistake. it was not in real good shape. I thought that I had finally had it nailed down on the flights that I put on it the other day, then when I went to fly it yesterday the blades were out of track again. the spindle was defiantly bent so I put a new one in and all was well, half a turn and they were tracking great. I never did get to get them in track because the pin that holdes the plastic driver in the clutch let loose again. I went to the hardware store and found a replacement roll pin as a replacement. The pin was just not as long as the original one . I haven't taken it apart yet but I figure that it let loose being that it was as long as the original.
Rich
Old 07-18-2003, 08:22 PM
davidj

Default Nexus.....ugh

You need to check the thrust bearings in the blade grips. If they have any imperfections it can cause the problem you have. Also checck to see if the radial bearing in the grips fit well. If they can move or twist inside the grips it will cause blade tracking problems. Also if you have wood blades that are not well made or balanced this can be your problem.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:46 AM
rpat

Default Nexus.....ugh

I am going to go check the blade grips and see if I can find any slop in them.
Rich
Old 07-19-2003, 06:16 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nexus.....ugh

I had to have mine on the shelf for awhile and the soft rubber dampeners got low spots in them and caused the blades to go out of track. I was 100 miles from home and the blades were out of track by about a 1/4 inch so I flew the tank out. By the end of the flight the blades had come back into track. Check to see if the dampeners are still good.

Dru.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Default Nexus.....ugh

Originally posted by rpat
the pin that holdes the plastic driver in the clutch let loose again.
If this is the one I'm thinking of, the standard practice at the time was to replace this with a drill bit. Nice strong, cheap part.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:23 PM
rpat

Default Nexus.....ugh

I ordered a new starter shaft and the number would not match at tower hobbies. I come to find out that they made a new part for the starter shaft. It is now a one piece affair, there is no roll pin in the piece any more. It is a one piece affair with a solid pin in place of the roll pin. I am not sure if they molded the plastic end around the shaft and pin or if you can push out the pin, but it defiantly looks like a better set up.
Rich