Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

VMax 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 02:18 AM
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VMax 7

Will the VMax 7 run suitably on 15% fuel ??
I am at low altitude, 500ft with 85 - 90 degree weather.

Thanks,
Old 10-02-2004, 02:02 PM

Default RE: VMax 7

Indeed it will
Old 10-02-2004, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (47)

Thanks - KLRico

Second question ??

Is it worth upgrading my 116 to the VMax 7.
The 6 flies OK but I would like a little more pull out power.
Is there much difference in fuel consumption ?
Old 10-03-2004, 03:33 AM

I had a tired old vmax-6 that was still flying the heli, but didn't have a whole lot of reserve power left in it. Flying was pretty much a full throttle affair... The v-7 made a world of diffrence, the heli will reliatively rocket out of a hover (still nothing like a good CP heli though...), and I switched from 6 degrees MR pitch down to 4 degrees, stability was increased quite a bit. I don't think there is a really signifigant diffrence in fuel consumption, and if there is, it can probably be attributed to running the v7 a bit richer than you're used to running the v6.

Now the bad part is whether or not you get a good engine or not. My first one ran excellent for perhaps 20 tanks, and then siezed in flight from about 30 feet, over asphalt, doing a good amount of damage to the heli... The next engine ran for no more than 20 minutes of break-in before dying. This one I have right now has been ran for about 15 minutes and I have mixed emtions for how long it will last in the long run... I'm awaiting a new glowplug before I can fly again, and I've got a lot of other things that are taking funds from that stuff.... I would have to run it for a while before I had the confidence in the v-7 to install my Darth's MD500 body (which has patiently been waiting in it's box for several months)

On the plus side to the V7 gamble (and that's all it is, a gamble), LMH inc. has been absolutely nothing but excellent about replacing faulty enignes. You pay to ship them your old one and they send you a new one. Last one I needed, they shipped a new one without me sending in mine first, in order to decrease turn-around time. I got a replacement within 3 days of calling them.... Unfortunately, I don't think they would be willing to cover all the other damage to the helicopter if (when?) the engine fails, although I've never asked.

If you are patient about these things, I'd say go for a V7.