Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

V7 - It Works (worked!)

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

V7 - It Works (worked!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 07:01 AM
fiat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V7 - It Works (worked!)

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea here, I do like the LMH but they have their issuses. When i had talked to LMH I asked why not another type of engine and what they said was they get the best deal with norvel. Well thats fine but wouldn't you spend 5, 10 bucks more to get a reliable motor ? I also got the impression that they were leaning to the electric heli more which is fine I have had 2 in the past but I am more into nitro than electric.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:15 AM
askman

themanfrommoon.de is using.15 engine on his ultimate lmh. looks like the mounting is fairly simple adapter plate. I could machine something like that out, if I knew the dimension. anyway, check it out.

http://www.themanfrommoon.de/LMH_eng...imate_lmh.html
Old 10-21-2004, 04:56 PM
T.W.

I've looked into this in the past and have even bought a selection of what I thought would be suitable used engines in an attempt to go this route

You're right, it does look "simple." But I've tried and failed, so far. It's not the adapter plate that's the problem, it's getting the engine to drive the LMH's main gear through a suitable clutch that brought me to a halt
Old 10-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Mini Boy

Quote from T.W.:

"Electrics are ok for them-there whimps who're afraid to dirty their manicured fingernails. But real fliers eat meat pies and fly gas-power. I mean, how many electric-powered full-size planes and helis are there out there?"

Although I have about 9 comments to make, I'm going to leave this one alone, so as not to embarrass anyone.

Russ [>:]
Old 10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
T.W.

Go on! Have fun Russ (and read "the whole" of what I said about electrics too )
Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Mini Boy

T.W.:

I did observe the:

Qoute from T.W. ... "I was kiddling about the electrics btw - I fly some of 'em myself"

But, I found the first paragraph to be somewhat abraisive:

Qoute from T.W.:

Electrics are ok for them-there whimps who're afraid to dirty their manicured fingernails. But real fliers eat meat pies and fly gas-power. I mean, how many electric-powered full-size planes and helis are there out there?

I don't want to start a "thing" here, but I own a 22 truck trash company, and my hands get into hydraulic / motor oil / grease / maggots and swill on a daily basis. So, I take the "manicured fingernails" to task. Maybe that's why I like to take my electric machines home at the end of a flying session and plunk them on the dining room table with no "Goo" dripping from them! On the other hand, you may have to distinguish between "gas" and "nitro". And "real Fliers" are flying Gas Zenoahs (and the like) and Gas / Kerosene Jet Cats.

As I begin to calm down, I suppose you may have been trying to be humorous, and I misinterpreted your humor, as is easily done when we "talk" in type. Also it is more than likely my fault, as I pop in here from time to time with Spiro, Fiat, Darth and others to send a "fun" message about the never-ending "Electric / Nitro debate.

Maybe we can still be friends???

Just remember, when you mount your camera on that glow powered machine, be sure to have an extra channel for a Windex pump, to keep the lense clean.

'Nuff (Too much) said,

Russ
Old 10-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Mini Boy

T.W.

I CAN'T BELIVE IT !!!! I just spent a half hour writing the best relpy of my life, and jumped to "new mail" (waiting for an email for a Hirobo XRB Sky Robo order), and LOST my reply to you!!! AaaaRRRrrGGGggHHHhhhh!!!

So, the bottom line is, yes, I saw the "I also fly electric" part of your post. I have to blame myself for popping in here from time to time with Spiro, Fiat, Darth, and others to agitate about the benefits of electric power. I will refrain from that practice in the future. In fact, I will stay in the "Real Fliers" forums, where "gas" is the same as gasoline / kerosene (as in Jet Cat or Zenoah ), and "Nitro" is the stuff they use in those "little 1/2 A to .60 size" motors.

It's all in fun,

Russ
Old 10-21-2004, 06:33 PM
T.W.

My post actually "said" I was "kidding" - and I was. I had no idea I would "upset" you - but as I obviously have, I apologise for that

No more light-hearted comments from me tonight
Old 10-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Mini Boy

T.W:

Check it out, the post that got lost is there!!!

GGrrrrrrr!!!

I gotta get outta here! it's 8:03 P.M. Daughter's birthday!! We're cool ... I'll never make fun of those V-Maxx's again ..... I promise ... (unless I have to) ... JUST KIDDIN' (Hand Shake) Cool.

Happy flying, whatever it is,

Russ
Old 10-21-2004, 07:34 PM
T.W.

Are you ok Russ? I hope so anyway

I get the feeling that you've got steam jetting out your ears right now

Have fun and do take care
Old 10-21-2004, 08:10 PM
fiat

I love the goooo from them there nitro heli's, and when i get done flying I can see all kinds of bugs stuck to it all over.. LOL[:-] something you can't get with an electric. Really though I can't afford to do an electric the right way and I know it costs a ton. Alan
Old 10-21-2004, 09:11 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Hey guys......go to the general heli forum.....look up a thread called irresponsible purchase. It's a longggggg thread.......but toward the end it starts to get pretty funny....and maybe a little scary. Keep everything light and fun......stay happy!!!!!!!!!! Hey Alan, I agree about the hawk.....it is a great heli....much more stable than the LMH and I do find myself preferring to fly it....I also see how you've used 11 gallons.....compared the the LMH it is a fuel hog My first real crash with the hawk was indeed my stupid fault[:@] It cost $62.35 to fix......but I do love my hawk and my lmh.
Mark
Old 10-21-2004, 10:05 PM
fiat

Mark, how long have you flown your hawk now?? Are you useing carbon blades? They say the hawk is 3D capable but I would say it is very very limited there. I do rolls and loops and some inverted flight but it is very unstable at best when inverted. I do have a rappy50 coming, can't wait.. I think the hawk and most helis are just a little more of a hog on fuel than planes but I get 15 to 20 minutes on a tank. Alan
Old 10-21-2004, 10:30 PM
askman

there was at least one person here who used ap09 engine with stock parts and custom heatsink and mount without problem.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:29 AM
T.W.

Yes, I've seen all the links to alternate engines, and I've tried doing the conversion myself. But I've failed! And at the end of the day there's only so much time and energy I really want to devote to this heli as I have enough other "flying things" to fly

To be frank, I'm getting a little weary of the constant hassle the LMH is giving me at the moment and I'm thinking maybe I should just "put it on the shelf" - again!

But then again: why did I just get a HH gyro for it? I must be a glutton for punishment I guess
Old 10-22-2004, 06:13 AM
fiat

Tony, just fly your caliber you will be happy you did. Alan
Old 10-22-2004, 06:15 AM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Alan.....I'm still using the wood blades for now...... and I haven't got things back together after the crash. Parts are in transit right now. No 3D.....but I have tried a few stall turns and I was amazed at the quick cyclic response. The heli would have been inverted in a micro second. From where I'm at in my learning right now, I can't imagine needing any better control response than that.
Mark
Old 10-22-2004, 06:29 AM
fiat

Mark do you still have your flybar weights on ? With those removed the hawk is extreamly responsive. What do you have for full positive pitch ? Alan
Old 10-22-2004, 08:39 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought with the Hawk the thing to do was NOT get carbon fiber blade, cause in a crash it would do more damge to the main shaft?, ..Rog
Old 10-22-2004, 04:53 PM
fiat

NO, not so either way the main shaft will bend trust me. Most I have spent in repairs is 50 bucks carbon or not. What the carbon blades do is give you more control and better flight in the wind also allows faster spool up times. Alan
Old 10-23-2004, 02:46 AM
T.W.

Meanwhile, back in "V-7 land," I just remembered something you told me about some time ago Alan - "drill-out the hole in the needle-valve" to allow fuel an easier passage . . . . maybe that's what I need to do. Was this because your V-7 would loose power after warming-up, or did it not have power right from the off? Bad memory at work here, sorry!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:42 AM
fiat

Tony I thpught you had done this already. Yes this was because it didn't have all the power it was supposed to have and it got worse as it warmed up.You drill out the spray bar from the fuel tube side and the fuel outlet hole in the middle of the spray bar. Of course do not drill where the needle goes in that is s deat for suce. Use a drill just a tiny bit bigger than the hole is now, Remember this was LMH's folks fix. And it did work for me.You know you can remove the spray bar from the carb I'm sure. Alan
Old 10-23-2004, 06:44 AM
T.W.

Thanks Alan. I did intend to do this some time ago, but somehow I managed to forget!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:53 AM
fiat

I just reread my last post .I guess I should type with the light on huh ?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:09 AM
T.W.

I just thought you'd had a beer or two Alan (Note: I am only joking here. I am not in any way suggesting that you like to drink or that you have a drink problem - or that anyone else in the world has a drink problem, or that having a drink is any kind of problem anyway. But if I offended you, or anyone else, it was completely unintended and I apologise in advance)

Anyway: I just got through drilling-out the V-7's needle-valve. What a tiny hole it is! I could get a .8 mm drill shank to go through the original hole ok, but .85 mm was "just" too big. I decided to drill it out to .9 mm and will report back after next week's flight tests. Thanks again for your help on this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.