Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

lst reciever packs

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 05:20 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lst reciever packs

what would be the issue?? to many volts running through the receiver??
Old 09-13-2004, 05:50 PM
icenutz

ORIGINAL: fantomas

what would be the issue?? to many volts running through the receiver??
I am not sure. Not my area of expertise. There was a thread on here about this very idea but I can not find it now. You would not believe how many people are electrical engineers in this forum (LOL). There was no clear-cut decision on the issues that is why I am eager to see how it works out for marksp! Good Luck and keep us posted!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Jayphred

As long as both packs were hooked up parallel the voltage would remain 6 volts. As opposed to 12 volts if they were in series. I would think you should get longer run time if both packs were equal in capacity. Just like you wouldn't want to run 5 new batteries and 1 old battery together. Not as efficient. Personally I'd rather change batteries than carry the extra weight of a second battery pack. But that's me