Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

4WD Steering/Rock Crawling MOD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 01:59 PM
eye one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD Steering/Rock Crawling MOD?

Anyone perform this mod?

In the November issue of RCCA on page 88 according to Richard Trujillo, of Team LOsi, the conversion can be done with stock parts. Losi designed the truck with this option for rock crawlers who need more steering. Due to the high speed of the truck 4WD steering would be too twitchy. If anyone has done this please post results, interested to see how it can be done with stock parts.

Well I sold my HPI RS4 recently and have decided to get a truck. I am going LST over the REVO (tough call with $80 difference) and the new SPYDER from Trinity. The LST is just "more beast" with the .26 and oversized shocks. The radio alone is impressive for RTR, dual steering servo's are cool too. So many things it seems to have the best value going right now.

Since it will be a couple weeks before I make the purchase, do you think Losi will replace some weak parts (clutch springs, drivetrain issues) in the current model or will there be no changes the current stock parts. Wondering if I should hold out for a change.

These forums rock with good info, thanks.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:14 PM
lstmanuk

Default RE: 4WD Steering/Rock Crawling MOD?

to put the rear steering on you first have to buy the front steering assembly, then you have to reverse the back wishbones so they look like the front, then you just install the front wheel steering components, it basically looks like the front but with only one servo.

hope this helps eye one.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:45 PM
snortonLSTrules

To make the LST a rock crawler would be the stupidest thing I would have seen. This truck is awesome just the way it is. 4 wheel steering would be cool though.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:58 AM
mustangous

how much would a full mod like this be???
Old 10-25-2004, 12:21 PM
kevinb456

im guessing (very rough here). you would need:

servo (preferably high torque!!) $30 upwards
servo 'Y' lead or something. $5
silicone diff oil (for rock crawling) $10
steering components $10

only very rough... i dont really know how much stuff in the USA costs, and it depends on what brand you get for different stuff. im guessing about $100 if you get a decent high torque servo. i think the electronics are done by just splitting the signal again, so all three steering servos get the same signal, although im not certain.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:45 PM
icenutz

Read this:

http://www.thedrake.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=878
Old 10-26-2004, 01:30 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: snortonrustler2020

To make the LST a rock crawler would be the stupidest thing I would have seen. This truck is awesome just the way it is. 4 wheel steering would be cool though.
LMAO!!!!![sm=drowning.gif]
Old 10-26-2004, 02:00 AM
platnumjr1

In that same article the guy from team losi said the same thing that you are saying, that it would be stupid to do so. he didnt use those words but he said that it would make it unstable or something like that.