Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Holy Church track

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
sk8ingsailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Church track

I am working on a simple track at my church, anyone know how far a apart your doubles should be? I should be getting a triaxle or two loads of dirt this week. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on a good layout. This is what I have thought of so far. As you can see, this is in the back of my church. You can see my yellow track stand in one pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48145.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	303572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58220.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	303573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71358.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	303574  
Old 07-30-2005, 11:17 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: Holy Church track

First off here dude, is it ok with your church? After all, it is "the house of the lord" and i'm not sure if they want to be hearing nitro engines revving during mass... As for how far apart the doubles are, it depends on your driving skill and car type.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:41 AM
agge

First off here dude, is it ok with your church? After all, it is "the house of the lord" and i'm not sure if they want to be hearing nitro engines revving during mass
are you a moron? yes or no?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:52 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

sk8:
as far as the doubles are concerned, i'm gonna say about 4 feet apart.

and this is a comment, not an answer...
but that bus needs to get some air off that dirt mound
Old 07-31-2005, 07:05 AM
sk8ingsailor

I am a Deacon in the Church. I attend every Sunday. I asked the Pastor and he had no problem with it. It's about 7 acres back there that is not being used. The Pastor wants to build a gym and family life center, but until we raise the money to do so the field just grows to about 3-4 before it gets cut. We have no TRACTORS just a rider. So about oce a year we rent a bush hog and cut the field in shifts. There will be no use for the field for a while. I will not be heartbroken if I made a very elaborate track and my Pastor said that he was ready to build. Then I would just have an electric drift track in the gym when not in use. There is something going on evry Sunday from 9-5, so any driving would be after 6, but MON, TUES, Thur, and Fri would be fine. I was thinking that this would be a great way to fellowship with the youth, and get more people into R/C offraod and the Church. This is just one more thing for the local kids to do thanks to a blessing of the land from the Lord.

LST 00741, XXX-NT, HB Lightning
Old 07-31-2005, 10:25 AM
RCtruckRacer

I think it's a great idea SK8. As far as the track layout is concerned, I belive it depends on what type of trucks you are going to run. For instance, our club track has a double-double, with the the landing on the 4th hump about 25 feet (or farther) from the first jump. My Thunder Tiger can make a quad out of it. My LST hits the front of the 3rd jump, about 20 feet or so. The jumps are about 2-3 feet high. 4 feet apart on a double is not nearly enough, unless you want to run mini-t's or RC18's.

Good luck!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
rorhound

The doubles at the track I go to are both right out of corners and are about 6 or 7 feet apart. The jumps themselves are semi steep and about 18" high. Keep in mind that there is really no room to get any real speed built up before hitting them and if you screw up in the corner and don't get a good drive it gets ugly real fast when you case the second jump (or plow into it head on). If the corner goes well though they're easy to clear.

You should make a huge double or triple and call it the "Hail Mary" jump!

Good luck and you're lucky to have land to play with. Some of us can only dream......................................
Old 07-31-2005, 12:08 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: agge

First off here dude, is it ok with your church? After all, it is "the house of the lord" and i'm not sure if they want to be hearing nitro engines revving during mass
are you a moron? yes or no?
I'm going to pick... no. I was just wondering because my uncle is a priest and he'd be one unhappy dude if i brought my truck to church. Are YOU a moron? yes or no?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:12 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: sk8ingsailor

I am a Deacon in the Church. I attend every Sunday. I asked the Pastor and he had no problem with it. It's about 7 acres back there that is not being used. The Pastor wants to build a gym and family life center, but until we raise the money to do so the field just grows to about 3-4 before it gets cut. We have no TRACTORS just a rider. So about oce a year we rent a bush hog and cut the field in shifts. There will be no use for the field for a while. I will not be heartbroken if I made a very elaborate track and my Pastor said that he was ready to build. Then I would just have an electric drift track in the gym when not in use. There is something going on evry Sunday from 9-5, so any driving would be after 6, but MON, TUES, Thur, and Fri would be fine. I was thinking that this would be a great way to fellowship with the youth, and get more people into R/C offraod and the Church. This is just one more thing for the local kids to do thanks to a blessing of the land from the Lord.

LST 00741, XXX-NT, HB Lightning
That will be pretty cool. About the doubles, I made mine about 4-5 feet apart, but will they be placed right off a straight away? If so, you might want to extend them.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:24 PM
alvinm

Can brother sk8ingsailor get an amen from the congregation!

All kidding aside its a great idea,wish there was something around like that here.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:06 PM
sk8ingsailor

Thanks from all I still would like more input and maybe even help with a track design. What is shown in my pict is what I have cut down to almost dirt. I can change it a little or a lot. Its my first track and hopefully I will be able to do more next year. I live on the FAR east side of Indy and there is an indoor dirt/clay track here about 5 miles away, but its really good for 1/10 scales like rc10 and xxx-(n)t. The track is called PLANET R/C. There are a few guys that run their 1/8 buggies, and MTs there, but I just think its small and I swear to goodness there is about 0 ventilation there. They just open the garage doors. That is another reason I want to have a nice size outdoor track. I just so happen to know where some land is that I can use for it.

I look for pictures of other tracks to get an idea of what I need and for jump designs. This all will kinda be like WHILE YOU WERE OUT; tv show. I am going to try to do as much as I can in 1-1.5 days.

HAM-Burger,
Now do you kinda see what I am trying. Not to make Nitro hell hole during service, but trying to have some fun and reach out. My Pastor says its okay to have a little fun in the name of the Lord. Okay nuff of church, really I know of about 5-8 guys that just parking lot drag their MTs and blaze through the grass at a local park and get MAYBE 1 ft of air from the natural dirt hills at 3/4 throttle. ........Sigh...... thats gets old and takes no skills. With a free outdoor track I would have a place to manuver with my Revo, Savage, SUT, T-Maxx and buggy buddies. Hopefully in a week I will have more pics and of ppl on it. I am going to take off this Friday to start building. Ham.... I don't think I am a moron. A moron would keep letting the field grow. A wiser person would start doing something with part of it trying to keep the cutting down to a minimum. That field has been useless for over the last 4-5 years.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:17 PM
PillowPants

Thanks from all I still would like more input and maybe even help with a track design. What is shown in my pict is what I have cut down to almost dirt. I can change it a little or a lot. Its my first track and hopefully I will be able to do more next year. I live on the FAR east side of Indy and there is an indoor dirt/clay track here about 5 miles away, but its really good for 1/10 scales like rc10 and xxx-(n)t. The track is called PLANET R/C. There are a few guys that run their 1/8 buggies, and MTs there, but I just think its small and I swear to goodness there is about 0 ventilation there. They just open the garage doors. That is another reason I want to have a nice size outdoor track. I just so happen to know where some land is that I can use for it.

I look for pictures of other tracks to get an idea of what I need and for jump designs. This all will kinda be like WHILE YOU WERE OUT; tv show. I am going to try to do as much as I can in 1-1.5 days.

HAM-Burger,
Now do you kinda see what I am trying. Not to make Nitro hell hole during service, but trying to have some fun and reach out. My Pastor says its okay to have a little fun in the name of the Lord. Okay nuff of church, really I know of about 5-8 guys that just parking lot drag their MTs and blaze through the grass at a local park and get MAYBE 1 ft of air from the natural dirt hills at 3/4 throttle. ........Sigh...... thats gets old and takes no skills. With a free outdoor track I would have a place to manuver with my Revo, Savage, SUT, T-Maxx and buggy buddies. Hopefully in a week I will have more pics and of ppl on it. I am going to take off this Friday to start building. Ham.... I don't think I am a moron. A moron would keep letting the field grow. A wiser person would start doing something with part of it trying to keep the cutting down to a minimum. That field has been useless for over the last 4-5 years.
Dude, i didnt say YOU were a moron! i said the guy that called me a moron was a moron! It was directed towards "AGGE". I think its a good idea.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:05 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

If you can get a june 2005 copy of RC Driver mag. it has some lay outs for tracks
Old 08-01-2005, 08:38 AM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like a good idea, get a really nice pit area with covered tables/benches for spectators and that will make it easier for parents to sit through races after church and fellowship. How many guys do you have ready to help build and race?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:27 PM
PillowPants

Would you be able to rent a Bobcat? I used my dad's and it took hardly any time at all on my track, and they're fun to drive...
Old 08-01-2005, 08:11 PM
sk8ingsailor

unfortunately I will prob be the only one building now. I think ppl don't believe me and/or want to sweat.

HAM- Yeah I will rent a bob or a mid-sized tractor like the bush hog that we use to cut the field just with the grader on the rear. I would like to get a 2-4 inch layer or dirt down to cover the track first but that will get costly. I think we will have scattered T-storms this thurs in Indianapolis, I am debating on waiting, but I am like a little kid. I feel like ****it, I may just have to build in the rain. Cross your fingers.

HAM- post some pics
Old 08-01-2005, 09:11 PM
PillowPants

unfortunately I will prob be the only one building now. I think ppl don't believe me and/or want to sweat.

HAM- Yeah I will rent a bob or a mid-sized tractor like the bush hog that we use to cut the field just with the grader on the rear. I would like to get a 2-4 inch layer or dirt down to cover the track first but that will get costly. I think we will have scattered T-storms this thurs in Indianapolis, I am debating on waiting, but I am like a little kid. I feel like ****it, I may just have to build in the rain. Cross your fingers.

HAM- post some pics
same story here dude. rain, rain, and more rain. I'll get some pics as soon as it stops. The jumps look kinda crappy from the rain draining down them, so i'll fix them before i take pics.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:05 PM
sk8ingsailor

Man this is a blast. I really wish I had like another 6 triaxles to get the entire area covered.

Name:	Db85096.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	312826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15447.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	312827  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:22 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking that this would be a great way to fellowship with the youth, and get more people into R/C offraod and the Church. This is just one more thing for the local kids to do thanks to a blessing of the land from the Lord.
That's awesome. I'd join your church for that, if you were closer.

I really wish I had like another 6 triaxles to get the entire area covered.

Call a couple local small construction outfits. You should be able to get clean fill for free. Landfills charge for dumping, so they're always looking for free places to get rid of earth. You just need to specify that it has to be "CLEAN FILL" otherwise you'll end up with concrete and asphalt chunks. And it would be a good idea to be there when they dump so that they put it in the right place. Also you'd need to let them know how much you can take so that they don't overfill your field.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:43 PM
tonytiger

i race at a local track located at a church....in fact my wife and i were baptized at the same church this year on easter....i probably wouldnt be going to church if it werent for the rc racing at the church....point being it will probably draw new mebers for the church...
Old 08-20-2005, 04:56 PM
sk8ingsailor

I know I know. MOTO that is my reasoning and like I said we have 7+ acres that simply sits. This is my first time even attempting a track and it is hard work esp alone. It should be a little more professional next summer. congrats on the Baptisms.

Name:	Rp43496.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	312841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72770.jpg
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	312842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30613.jpg
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	312843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm31214.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	312844  
Old 08-20-2005, 07:48 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

that's gonna be a terribly wicked track when it's done.

as-is, it's pretty sweet now.

maybe you oughta get some 1/8 buggies out there to get 'em to REALLY tear up the ground so you dont need any more dirt