Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Official Muggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:21 AM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Muggy thread

Yeah i got it MuggyDude. I dont know if i will be able to buy it yet cause i already have to much stuff over here to ship back home and i can have it sent to the house cause it will be broken by the time i get home cause some people cant keep there hands off of other people's stuff.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:54 AM
MuggyDude

I see, is there someone who lives near you that you trust enough for me to ship it to them and then they give it to you when you get back?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 AM
StrangeRanger

I thought of that, but then I'd have to buy the Losi spin start. Or at least the wand and hope it fits my roto start. The spin start is a hex drive the roto start is a dog bone drive. I think I've ordered the right stuff and should have it today. Once I get it installed tonight I'll post just in case anyone else is ever wondering.
j
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 AM
StrangeRanger

Well, if anyone is interested, you do NOT want the rotostart back plate #87127. I purchased this one b/c a lot of websites said it would fit. It's not even close. Now I'm going to try #87117

j
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
willclark77
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah baby!  Installed and broke her in today but the batts were about dead when I started tunin

Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM
StrangeRanger

Just curious, is anyone using a Hitec 7955 servo for steering. If so are you using the stock throttle/brake servo horn or a Hitec servo horn?
Thanks,
j
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 AM
messn03

HOWS THAT STEERING MOD WORKING WILLCLARK?? i FOUND OUT i HAVE A BAD BUSHING MAKING MY WHEEL WOBBLE AND AM GOING TO GET THE TRAXXAS part TO UPGRADE WHEN i TEAR IT DOWN..tHANKS AGAIN FOR THE INPUT !!..Later.. Mess[:@]
Sorry about the "Caps"
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: StrangeRanger

Just curious, is anyone using a Hitec 7955 servo for steering. If so are you using the stock throttle/brake servo horn or a Hitec servo horn?
Thanks,
j

I had the 5955 on my Muggy, and you need a good alu Hitec arm.. Awesome servo..

That's a nice engin willclark77. Get some vid...

Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 AM
StrangeRanger

Bahh... I totally had my head up my arse when I asked that question. I meant to ask about the throttle/brake servo set up. I believe the stock Muggy comes w/ JR servos and I know the JR and Hitec splines are not the same. So I'm using a Hitec servo arm on my throttle/brake set up, but don't like the clearence I have. Was wondering if anyone uses a Hitec servo for throttle/brake and what arm they're using? Is there a little spline adapter available for using non-JR servos?
Thanks,
j
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 AM
StrangeRanger

Oh, btw I finally got my LRP z.28r spec 3 mounted up. Had to mod theone piece mount a bit, but she fits like a dream now. And holy cow doesit rip!!! w00t!!
j
Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 PM
willclark77
My Feedback: (2)

The Hitec 7955 servo was on my Muggy when I got it. He had the red X looking horn on it. It was binding against the throttle and brake linkages. I cut the unused parts off before running it muchand it quit binding, but the servo died within a few tanks. I'm ASSuming it was already about gone from the stress of having to bend the brake linkage every time the throttle was applied and vice versa applying the brakes. It was moving slower than it should've. I put a stock one back in with a stock horn. I like the stock set up for now.

Mess, quit yelling at me . Hehe. I haven't gotten to run it much yet. I put the mach 454 on and broke it in. The next day when I started tuning on it she started running way too rich all of a sudden and fouled the glow plug. Pulled the carb and there was a chunk of silicone in the hsn seat. No idea how it got in there. I reused the carb off the stock Mach 427 and didn't pull it apart prior to assembly. D'oh! There was a good bit in it. I had to come back to work the same day and won't have any decent amount of time off to play with it until Tuesday. Gahhh! I'm havingwithdrawals! I will tell you from just putting around it goes straighter and doesn't hop back and forth like it did. It's more responsive to slight steering input too. I kept swinging the back end around on smoothe turns just touching the steering. I'd definately pick up the Traxxas parts to try. They were like 4 bucks. Hunt a longer screw too.

Herr, No vid yet. Hoping to get some more dirt hauled in for my lil track in my back yard. Tried twice and they never showed either time. I dig the pics of yours. Those are some good photos.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 PM
StrangeRanger

Sad day in Muggyville. After dinking around for days to get my z.28r w/a pull start to fit properly I got her in snug as a bug in a rug. Didmy break in and was super happy. Then yesterday while bashing around atthe local track I took a wicked tumble. I should have checked the mugover but didn't and get driving. Pull her in for a break, take thecanopy off and to my horror see my air filter wedged down between myservo tray. Toast. The motor was filled w/ sand, grime, grut. Utterlydestroyed the motor. Ooohhhhh the horrorrrrrrr!!
j
Old 06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Sugafree

Take it apart and Clean Everything Really Good.......I've Heard of a Few Guys Loosing there Filters & Still Managing to get some Life outta there Engines......(May Never Run Like New anymone....But it's worth Trying)
Old 06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
StrangeRanger

ORIGINAL: Sugafree

Take it apart and Clean Everything Really Good.......I've Heard of a Few Guys Loosing there Filters & Still Managing to get some Life outta there Engines......(May Never Run Like New anymone....But it's worth Trying)
That was my intent, but the money it would cost for replacement parts I'm almost back to the cost of a new motor for something that I don't know how it's gonna run. There is zero pinch left, the piston and cylinder are completely shot, the bearings are all ground down and pitted, the carb slide is grooved and chunky and all kinds of "scars" all over the inside. The track we were running on was insanely dusty and there were many bumps and collisions with dirt clods flying everywhere. Poor thing must have been sucking dirt for a long time. Snif.
j

Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
messn03

ranger you have PM....Mess...
Old 06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
messn03

Ranger..sux to hear this ... my bud just blew his up too.....Mess[]
Old 06-15-2009, 05:29 PM
MuggyDude

PM sent ranger. Does anyone know anybody who would be interested in buying a really upgraded Muggy? Let me know.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks. I fixed my muggy, and it runs great. But, I am trying to sell it so I'm afraid to drive it and crash and break something. I really dont want to sell. It is such a kick ass truck. EVERYONE that owns a muggy know what im talking about. MUGGY'S ROCK!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
demigodofa

Hi... I've been reading this thread (and others) for a couple of weeksnow. I just Bought a new Muggy and love it! I have noticed and readabout the sloppy steering in the Muggy but other than the bearings(which I've ordered) I can't seem to find out how to tighten thesteering up. Do i keep the plastic bell cranks? (I haven't ran acrossaluminum). And do I lose the steering tie bar and bushings? If so doesanyone know of a good turnbuckle to replace it? I've seen some nicebellcrank sets for the lst but I'm guessing the don't fit, Anybody thatcan help I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 AM
messn03

I just replaced my bellcrank bushings and servo saver..tightened it up nicely...look at willclarks mod and do that..I've got parts on order..racing tonite....Mess[:@]
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
StrangeRanger

Yup, the steering slop is so bad I'm seriously considering gutting my Mug for an 8ight. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but willclark's mod looks like all he did was change to ball links. How has that helped w/ the slop? My LF wheel is just disgusting w/ slop. And as far as I can tell it has to do w/ the bell cranks being of poor design.
And since my motor is blown for the moment, I sat there and looked at the steering geometry last night for like 30 min and could see no way to improve things. The bell crank is simply too high up in the air off the chassis w/ butt kiss for support.
Anyone else got any ideas?
j
Old 06-16-2009, 09:47 AM
demigodofa

I will do willclarks mod (I don't see any slop there though) It looks like my "steering tiebar and bushings" is where some of the slop is. Mess you said you changed your servo saver? Is there a better one out there? I'm pretty new to this so all your guy's mods and tips are definitely appreciated. As I said I've been reading this thread for awhile before I ran into my first "problem" and really enjoy the info!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM
StrangeRanger

Ah, found a little write up on a steering slop mod. With part number suggestions to boot. Scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://www.maxbashing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=263463

j
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
demigodofa

Thank you very much! I have been typing every combination of words i could think of into google and yahoo and never stumbled across that page.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 PM
demigodofa

I stripped my Muggy down today and I'm going to replace my cracked front bulkhead with stock. As long as I have it apart I'm going to put in the vented 12t clutch and put the 48t spur gear from the 8ight into the Muggy. I have never raced before but would like to, and I figure acceleration is better than top speed in most cases. I believe I'll have to modify the chassis for the 48t gear, but was wondering about the 50t spur gear? Would that be too extreme?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.