Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

So Im Building A LST2 Racer....THE DAY AFTER THE TRACK

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

So Im Building A LST2 Racer....THE DAY AFTER THE TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So Im Building A LST2 Racer.....Check It Out!!!

I was reading RC car action (think thats the name of the mag) and there was a section with Tips how Adam Drake Has his race LST2 set up. One of the tips i found intrestion was he uses the Aftershock plastic shocks and not the Stock LST2 alum ones. i THINK it said using those will save you close to a pound in weight. And much like mine, drop the ride height as low as possible to help with handling. I put 30w diff oil in my front diff to see how it would handle but i havnt really been able to test that yet. Im going to put it in the rear diff as soon as i can get around to taking it out/ cleaning out the stock oil in the rear.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Jrgunn5150

ORIGINAL: iexion

I was reading RC car action (think thats the name of the mag) and there was a section with Tips how Adam Drake Has his race LST2 set up. One of the tips i found intrestion was he uses the Aftershock plastic shocks and not the Stock LST2 alum ones. i THINK it said using those will save you close to a pound in weight. And much like mine, drop the ride height as low as possible to help with handling. I put 30w diff oil in my front diff to see how it would handle but i havnt really been able to test that yet. Im going to put it in the rear diff as soon as i can get around to taking it out/ cleaning out the stock oil in the rear.

You want waay thicker oil in the rear, unless you mean 30k.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
JSRacer

Hey MiamizFinest, it's Josh the guy you bought the truck from. Yeah, you're right on the body, it's does look like Ronald McDonald's ride. It was my last body ever! From now on it's solid black. Anyway, the BAC link is already installed. The JR 650's is what I had in it and they worked great. I actually had 2 LST2's and have been parting the other out. I built the one you have back in February from new parts on eBay. The only parts that aren't new from February are the shocks. They came off my old LST2 from last year. The spur gear assembly is from an LST2, not the Aftershock. I had 30K in the front diff and 10K in the rear. All 4 shocks had 32.5 or 27.5K shock fluid, I honestly can't remember which I used. Sorry about the bumpers, I gotta little crazy shedding weight one night when I was messin' with my new shipping scale. You could probably round those cuts and it may look good. I hope everything else is fine, I feel I took good care of it. I look forward to seeing you transform it into a racer, IT shouldn't need much though!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
JSRacer

Oh and also, I purposely replaced the stock springs in the rear with the black springs. It's a little stiffer that way.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey look who was the owner of my new LST2!!!! LOL i finally got some pics to share with u all!!!! check it out!!!

the dynamite engine brace was included!!!

i installed a handy fuel tank lifter

threw in a spektrum reciver

and a traxxas servo i had laying around ud be surpised how long these things last

quick question is the slipper clutch too tight???

AND i finally got around to picking up my motor.........here it is brand new!!!! picco made a new head desin im not keeping this head on it........im gonig to swap it with a scratched up head i have

here is my mugen extention hubs.........i still need to pic up the 8MM shims tho.....

i oredred the JR650 servos, installed 35 wt oil in the front 30wt in the rear........and did 30K in the front diff and 10K in the back (i jsut swapped it for the hell of it....) ill post more pics at the project comes along!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Jrgunn5150

Nice progress! Looks like you have a nice starting point too.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
JSRacer

Can I buy it back!?! You definitely need to lose that body, the guy who painted that must have been hammered drunk!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
2DMaxLST!!

No way that 2055 will have enough power to stop a LST.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

No way that 2055 will have enough power to stop a LST.

i was actually worried about that........but its all i have with me right now......what do u recomend??? do u think i should looking into a 9000T??? 333 ounces??? or is that a over kill?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:48 PM
JSRacer

A JR 590 or another JR 650 will do just fine. :-)
Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I'm using a Hitec HS-5965MG right now and in the past I have used a Airtronics 94358 and before that I used the JR590. 9000S would be nice, I run that on my Truggy.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
MiamizFinest

the traxxas 2055 is 85 ounces and so is the jr 590.......so i think for right now it will hold up fine plus im going to run smaller truggy tires.........i hope it holds up.....if not ill have to get a pimp daddy one.........
Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
roweder

are some of those screws titanium?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
roweder

did you get those tires & wheels from jenny's rc sport on ebay?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
JSRacer

MiamizFinest, I forgot to mention that I did the gear swap on the tranny also.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Sugafree

Did you place the order for the Servos? I seen 3 JR 650's Forsale on lstforums.com 2 New and one used.......
Old 09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
MiamizFinest

yes i already made the order it should be here next week.........

i mounted everything.......... this thing is 95% ready to go......i was missing the clutch nut for the flywheel so i used a savage flywheel and clutch nut.......(had to dremel a tiny bit off the chassis to get it to work) but besides that everything is ready all i need is servos......

im gonig to look threw my car collection and see if i can barrow 2 JR590M'S from another car so i can break in the motor on wensday and run it at the track thursday.......ill post more pics tomorrow!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
MiamizFinest

ok guys here is some more pics!!!

installed the 17MM extention and threw some savage wheels i had laying around

i installed 6 springs on the header.......i had them lying around and saw the holes there already there so i sayed why the hell not!!!

geting read to install LST2 on my radio!!!!

if i have a chance ill install the servos today id like to break in the motor and have this thing ready for the track tomorrow.......i will be useing BOWTIE MTR'S for the track these savage wheels r on just so i can break it on on the street with out wearing out my bowties

also this is the paint sceme i plan on useing ima use orange rims and orange wing just like i have one my mugen truggy prospec

i have even more pics but i need to upload them check back in later this afternoon !!!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
MiamizFinest

here is some pics of my track racers.......i tought id show them off together.......the truggy is a mugen MBX5T PROSPEC

quick question should i look into changeing my gear ratio since i will be useing truggy wheels???? or will the stock work fine???
Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I run mine with a FOC gearswap and have all the gearing I need for the 5 or 6 tracks I've gone to in the last few months.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

I run mine with a FOC gearswap and have all the gearing I need for the 5 or 6 tracks I've gone to in the last few months.

ok sounds good i honestly had no idea........

well my truck is 100% RTR i just threw in some JR590 servos and break in will start around 9AM tomorrow morrowing if i piss of the neighbors TO BAD!!!!!!! its not liek they r very friendly!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM
MiamizFinest

well break in started a little late the motor is running in as we speak ill keep ur guys updated
Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
RCtruckRacer

When I run my LRP & JP1 I like to have the +1 pinions along with the FOC gearswap. This has been the most favorable setup for me. Seems like a really smooth transition of power with that combo. With the mod'd Novarossi 528 I run the JP3 with stock gearing. That setup has more top end (even with the smaller pinion) but about the same power transition.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
smaxx3.3

i thought you only made stuff go fast in a straight line lol that thing is looking awesome.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

i thought you only made stuff go fast in a straight line lol that thing is looking awesome.

i do i have 13 drag race type cars, and trucks.........whats started as a side project (gonig to the offroad track) had turned into my number one thing

i started gonig to the track with a turmoil pro buggy, about 2 months later got the mugen buggy, and got tired of that and then i bought the mugen truggy and will never swtich to any other truggy on the market.........the LST was something i always whanted but to make it go fast its very hard becuase of the 2speed system and the fact there isnt a huge selection of gearing...........so i never bought one instead i built other street cars........plus ive never bein into bashing a truck and jumping it.........once i saw i really liked this going to the track thing i felt i finally had an exuse to by the LST2 and i did........and here it is!!!!

im almost done with break in on this truck.......with 3-4 more tanks i should be good tomorrow ill borrow over those bowties MTR'F from my mugen and ill run it at the offroad track......

PS i did the onroad raceing scene too i didnt like it very much its actually very expensive to be competative becuase of the cost of tires and i honestly found it kinda boreing........offroad is my thing (along with drag raceing and mini-z racing yes i actually race mini-z on a huge track too LOL)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.