Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
dapro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE GREATEST AFTERSHOCK THREAD EVER!!!!!

I have the stick pack hooked up on the lower battery holder in the pic, but I usually keep a backup hump pack zip tied to the front shock tower for when I am doing a race...no pit stop battery changes, just swap plugs, if you unplug your battery alot then you are going to want a good quality plug like micro deans, those stock plugs can't take much...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Terry12

that actually sounds like a really good, convient idea. cool.
and i LOVE that body and paint job. did you do it yourself?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
dapro

ORIGINAL: Terry12

that actually sounds like a really good, convient idea. cool.
and i LOVE that body and paint job. did you do it yourself?
I also have it in red
Old 01-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Terry12

so i take it you made it yourself?
post some pics of the red one on your AShock, that would be super AWSOME!!

and let us know how you did it.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Terry12

Ok, I plasti dipped my servos last night and here it is.
i found the trick is after you di it there will be SOOOO much plasti dip so you need to scrape of some of the excess lightly with a thin marker or another thing cylinder like object. yoiu ahve to work quickly as it gets tacky fast. then hang them up to dry for 30 minutes. i did 3 coats, and it looks awsome, and is water tight, my Ashock is so happy.
sorry for poor pictuures, i need a new camera.

hopefully my new ht pipe and carbon fiber kit come in this week so i can post some pictures. that thinkg should go like snot and pull weelies on demand. i hope.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51909.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	843820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99327.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	843821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23783.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	843822   Click image for larger version

Name:	At55063.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	843823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju12966.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	843824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tk76910.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	843825  
Old 01-06-2008, 03:10 PM
dapro

I'll have to wait to take a pic when my mother in law gives me back my camera card (holiday pics) but I did it by first laying out the blue or red the taking a wad of news paper and blotting it, not hard at all, black seems to be the best background color....

And Terry, save yourself some money and heartache by replacing that JR270 Servo, its junk, my shock (3 weeks old)went nuts on me outside my house when the servo died full throttle, tire marks all over my garage door...I'll post what servo I used for my throttle when I get home.

Also while HT pipe is great, I love my HPI Polished pipe...and if you are rough with the truck then will want to get and extra header, stock are soft pot metal, but jb weld can fix them if cracked..
Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Terry12

good to know. i will try getting a JRz590 for the trottle as well then. or somethign else if i can find a better deal on a nice digital coreless servo.

has anybody experimented wiht the TiNi gears. i was woundering how to install them.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3428

do you need anythign else to install them, i guess you need to get a special bell like this one i think.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3428

and is this needed as well?
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3411

if so this might be alto fo work to get some really strong gears.
and if they are heavier they may not be worth it.

did anybody else get their Shocker out today. the weather wasnt bad here. it was about 5 degrees C, and a little wet. the snow banks havent melted yet. but no worries for me i ahve plasti-cauted servos now it is so much fun launchign the AShock off 2 foot tall snow banks.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Sugafree

For the TiNi Gears you'll need,
2-Speed High Gear Hub w/Bearing: LST, LST2, AFT - LOSB3411 & 2-Speed Low Gear Hub w/1-Way: LST, LST2, AFT - LOSB3410 and I'm not sure what Clutchbell the Aftershock comes with? If it's a One piece then you'll also need the Clutch Bell, 2-Speed: LST, LST2, AFT - LOSB3340
Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Terry12

wow so i will need 2 hubs, the gear set and the bell, because mine is a one piece bell. that will cost alot for an upgrade. i think i will wait till my gears are toast.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:45 PM
dapro

wow so i will need 2 hubs, the gear set and the bell, because mine is a one piece bell. that will cost alot for an upgrade. i think i will wait till my gears are toast.
that upgrade isn't nessesary, I am running on the original lst2 spur gear set I first put on.....
this is a worth wild upgrade [link=http://www.1320.4t.com/custom2.html]Upgrade CB Gear[/link] Get the +3, you also have to get the threaded CB.....

+3 Gear ($35)and Threaded CB($17.99)
HPI Savage Clutch Shoes($9)
Inside Spur Cover ($5.50)
Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Terry12

very cool. looks like it would be much stronger than the stock one. do they have ones that are for more torque as well?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Terry12

just purchased the larger tank from the lst2. that will be nice. it will give much longer run times. can't wait till it comes in the mail!!
and hopefully there is more nice weather in our forcast.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
dapro

very cool. looks like it would be much stronger than the stock one. do they have ones that are for more torque as well?
I think the shock has way too much torque, if you are wanting a little more then tighten up your slipper clutch....those gears will only make it faster at the expense of torque, but trust me with the +3 I have I can wheelie all day....I changed my wheels to dish and Crime Fighters and added the gears to give me back the speed I lost doing that, but there is plenty more to go, I have been thinking of getting a +5 or 6 just to see....
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Terry12

nice! you should clock yours if you know someone wiht a radar gun, and see how fast thatthing can go. i know hot wheels has a toy radar gun i was thinking of getting, i have always wamnted to know how fast my car goes. its too abd i dont ahve any friends that are cops that could just test it for me.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:05 PM
evad1

hi everyone,
i m new to nitro and went and bought to of them a aftershock (used) and a jammin x1-crt (new). i have a problem with the ashock it has a hard time moving. what i mean is when i give it throttle
it will not go or if it does it does not go very fast at all and the rpm's seem like they are very high.

i knoew there is a the hex head screws in the middle of the gears. we meased around with that and it seamed to help. every one around here that went out with me on sunday was stumped becouse they all have truggys or a savage.

any help would be great thank you and this is one of the best fourms i have read.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Sugafree

Try Cleaning the OWB (One Way Bearing) in the 2 Speed (Spur Gear)......And see if it Helps.......If not Looking to Re-Placing the 2 speed Set up with the one for the LST2..
Old 01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Terry12

that is the way my engine sounded when i first got it. i had to break it in before it would really go anywhere. how far through the break in are you?

if the one way bearing is ok you might want to check how tight the slipper is set. on the aftershock factory setting can be found by tighting up the slipper all the way and then backing off a half turn.

i know i was very concerned wiith my shocker when i first got it i was inspecting nit like crazy becaue i was barely moving and the rpm was screaming. it didnt improve untill after the 4th or 5th tank of fuel in the break in, where i was able to lean it out a bit. it was almost like it was running but not producing any torque. in this vehicle the only place you can have slip is in the one way bearing, the slipper clutch, or your bell/shoes. i also found it harder to tune with that stock pipe it came with.

AND THE LST2 PIPE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!
DAMN THIS M26 CAN MOVE!!! i got my ht pipe today and installed it and decided to run a tank, and see what it wa slike, after a quick tune that thing whas tearing up the asphelt!! it just wanted to lift up the front end. i was so impressed. that truck was moving so fast and had so much torque it was crazzy. and so much easier to tune. if you do not ahve an ht pipe you seriously need to buy one. it is soooooo worht it. heres the pics.

Name:	Lj22725.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	845269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64042.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	845270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69427.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	845271  
Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 PM
dapro

pull your CB and check the clutch shoes, I personally hate aluminum shoes with a passion on a LST...
get a set of Savage Shoes, they last a long time and you will notice a big difference in take off...

Savage Left, Stock Left

The problem with the stock shoes is they are too light and small in size, only the tip of the shoe contacts the CB, less mass causes the motor to wind out more before take off...this would be ok if the truck were a buggy, but its much heavier.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:10 PM
evad1

thanks for the replies. i will try what you guys have suggested the next day i am off. i got the truck used so i dont know how many tanks have been through it. i would assume a lote becouse it came with a set of worn out tires and a beat up body.

dapro, what springs are you using?

jake
Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 PM
dapro

yellow rear and white front, but for bashing I like the way the truck handles with black front and white rear...fixing to change to my bash setup...awesome weather the last couple days
Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Terry12

What kind of glow plug do you guys recomend for the Losi Aftershock M26SS. im going to try an OS A5.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
evad1

Will any 14mm rim fit on the aftershock like these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEPB4&P=7

also what clutch shoes from the savage is everyone using i am thinking of changing mine like dapro said to do and what shoe springs

jake
Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Terry12

yes those rims will work. they are a very nice choice, i was looking at those myself. they have the standard ofset i believe and they are a little taller and a little wider that the stock ones. should make your truck look Bad-*****.

im not sure what shoes people are using off the savage. i would assume the ones from the savage x. or whatever the newest savage is. i dont follow that truck too well, i think its like traxxas, all hype no bite. but whatever floats your boat i guess. i just use the stock shoes for my M26SS. i was thinkign of geting some aluminium ones so i could get some more bite off the line, make it a bit easier to pull weelies. i can pull weelies in the grass right now like its no bodies buisness, but i would like to be able to do that on the road as well. i might be able to once i get my whole carbon fiber kit and lighten the crapola out of this truck.

anyways what glow plug are you using. does anybody use 30% i was woundering if it wold bee too much for the M26SS.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:56 AM
dapro

Evad1:
here is a link to the savage [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFXU7&P=ML]clutch shoes[/link], springs included

Also with any chrome rim, the bling will flake from use...I gave up on pretty rims and started purchasing white rims, then dye them your choice...its very easy and the color lasts.

Terry12:
Alum shoes are twice the price if not more, and require you too keep the burrs cleaned out, you have to re groove the spring channel to prevent the spring from hitting the CB....Alum shoes also wear down the inside of the CB, so you have to replace it after a while...
This is my experience talking, now I do use a alum clutch setup if I race on a very dusty track..I personally think it helps....though I don't do it very often...

I only buy McCoy or Dynamite(McCoy) Plugs, 8 is Med and 9 is Cold....I can run forever on one plug, and I am talking a long time...I've been thru OS like crazy and they suck(Personal Opinion)

I truely like Trinity Monster HP 30%, then Byron 30%, then Blue Thunder Race 30%....Monster HP is my Fav, and I run alot of it...
Old 01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Terry12

Well i FINALLY got the 12 piece carbon fiber kit i ordered. it only took about 3 hours to install but it is worth the efort. this thing looks insane. and its lighter. also when i had the car apart i took apart the diferentials and filled them with silicon lubricant. 5000 weight for inside the dif cup at 50000 for outside the dif cup. makes those things really smooth, and they should last forever.

next on the way for install are the lst2 a arms and cvd shafts and lst2 gass tank, because it is bigger.

anyways here are the pictures of the carbon fiber kit installed.

Name:	Zx69795.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	852247   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44900.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	852248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57098.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	852249  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.