Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

UPS sez tomorrow
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 AM
choppaholix

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

UPS sez tomorrow
Aint dat something
Old 12-19-2008, 01:18 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Brown Santa came today

Old 12-19-2008, 02:28 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With that body it looks kind of like something out of Mad Maxx...
Old 12-19-2008, 02:49 PM
A.B.U

that thing looks beat.. lol.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Not like ThunderbirdJunkie will be kind to it[&:]
Old 12-20-2008, 10:29 AM
CBM Racing

If you can get the thing ready to roll for 300 or less, including truck, you did pretty good I'd say! Only bad thing is geting new stuff this time of year, and due to weather not being able to play with it for months. I seriously am hating winter now, but on the bright side it has warmed up to 0 degrees. The durability issue could be argued back and forth forever on these trucks. Mine has been strong but not indestructable. Sheared 2 or 3 pins in diffs for spider gears, pulled screws from chassis rails, from midsized jumps 12ft highx25ft long. Hmmm...maybe that qualifies for big air? No matter, it should be loads of fun! Gonna run it in the snow and ice?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:04 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Oh absolutely...ThunderbirdJunkie is just waiting until the ground is frozen. November-late Dec here is terrible for four wheeling, RCing, or walking anywhere that isn't paved[:@] Ground is all sloppy and wet.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:19 PM
CBM Racing

I need to get a plow for my truck so I can make some tracks on the lakes around here. An ice oval sounds like fun to me. Throw in some snow jumps and stuff and it would be loads of fun, and disposable in the spring! Heh heh, hmmm...I need to find a cheap plow...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ooh ice racing sounds fun
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

little update...ThunderbirdJunkie's Aftershock is slowly comin' together.

OOOOOH We love being a cheap skate!
Just waiting on servos...have an STS 30, and the servos are on their way....the tires/wheels? $20 shipped 23mm adaptors? already had 'em Decided to opt out of the LST2 suspension and drivetrain stuff. Might as well wait till the almighty STS dominates it so We can have some bad-ass carnage pictures[8D]

Still need a body befitting ThunderbirdJunkie's fleet, but that will come soon. By the end o' the month, should have video of the AS and the Savage and the MBX5R tag-teaming the BMX track

Mach is in the truck for illustration purposes only, btw...the 1/8 fleet is all STS power now...

the Moogin Im Bea Eckz Feiv Arrrr matie!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
twomanytoys

Thunderbird,

I have 2 savages and one aftershock. All 3 outfitted with LRP 28's. I have beat the snot out of the savages and can tell you that the aftershock is easily just as durable if not more. I have broke a few diffs, drive shafts and dog bones on both savages. The Aftershock I beat just as hard and everything has held up. No repairs other than a arms which I upgraded to RPM. The Aftershock with the LRP is SICK!!! Savages cant hang with it. I was not a LOSI fan and was die hard Savage fan but to be honest I dont use my savages much anymore. I also have the LST2 upgrade kit but still sits in a box until thing start breaking but so far its strong as heck.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:11 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sugafree

When the Stock Cast one Cracks.....It'll allow them Engine to flex and it'll kill the Spur Gears Real Quick

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7837
So...in all seriousness...ThunderbirdJunkie has heard up and down how the LST2 is more durable than the current generation Savage. if it requires such a thing, how is that so?

Seriously, inquiring minds want to know.

CBM, the truck is coming as an engineless/electronicless roller with no rubber, so ThunderbirdJunkie has a blank canvas

MiamizFinest rember a time where the savage x engine plate and chassis would crack with in the first gallon of run time garanteed, HPI fixed the problem on the second version of the X and everything that came out after, but they still dropped the ball from the start

For 15 dollars to fix the minor issue on the LST2 truck, MiamizFinest still thinks the LST2 is still a better buy and as durrable the savage, and did i mention it handles a ZILLION times better than the savage??? YES A ZILLION LOLOLOL

in all serouse tho, i ran both truck's and like the way the LST2 handles 100 times better than the savage did, i owned 2 savage x's and one LST2 till i finally gave up on geting the savage to drive the way i like and just invested more time into the LST2

either way enjoy ur truck!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
iexion

LST2's HT exhaust and header A MUST! (ebay for $20-$40)
Alum clutch shoes A MUST!
LST2's TRANSMISSION gears are nice change but you can go without them.... for a little while. But thats the most $$ Change to make. Cost around $50
Might also want to get the LST2's throttle and brake linkage (like $8)
Yes you might want to change the engine brace before it cracks

Think thats the just of it
Old 01-14-2009, 12:44 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the Losi HT pipe will not be used with the STS 30. It will be getting an STS 0702 pipe. There is no reason to put an HT pipe on an STS engine...and if it WERE going to be getting the Mach full time, it would be getting an 053 pipe, and still not the HT pipe. Sorry to disappoint.

MiamizFinest, We remember that too, however, Our Savage is one of those first-run X models, and the chassis plates that got the snot beaten out of them are still in good shape with no bends or cracks.

To all:

Do not worry, the truck will be enjoyed thoroughly! We have nothing against the Losi trucks, but being a Savage guy, We have to talk some smack.

And We will be SHOCKED if this Aftershock outhandles Our Savage. Very shocked.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:26 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Losi HT pipe will not be used with the STS 30. It will be getting an STS 0702 pipe. There is no reason to put an HT pipe on an STS engine...and if it WERE going to be getting the Mach full time, it would be getting an 053 pipe, and still not the HT pipe. Sorry to disappoint.

MiamizFinest, We remember that too, however, Our Savage is one of those first-run X models, and the chassis plates that got the snot beaten out of them are still in good shape with no bends or cracks.

To all:

Do not worry, the truck will be enjoyed thoroughly! We have nothing against the Losi trucks, but being a Savage guy, We have to talk some smack.

And We will be SHOCKED if this Aftershock outhandles Our Savage. Very shocked.

Prepare to be shocked to death!!! HAHA

I dont know how the hell you place that 427 motor on that truck and not just go out of your mind to run it!! screw where ever car that motor was in NEJOY YOUR AFTERSHOCK ALREADY!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Sugafree

The STS 0702 is the Same as the HT Pipe ......

ORIGINAL"BigGrump"

I am sure others will disagree, but I have both pipes, the STS 0702 and the Losi HT, and I cannot tell any difference.

Dennis

ORIGINAL"losiracermike"

Hey Super,

I was checking the dimensions of the LOSI HT pipe to the STS 0702 pipe and they are identical.
The two chambers are identical as well.
I still have to mike the stinger and see if they are the same as well.
The STS pipe should work the same as the Losi HT pipe.

ORIGINAL"winter"

Got home from work today and the STS 0702 pipe was waiting in the mailbox. The resemblance between the 0702 and the LST2's HT pipe is uncanny, even the internal baffles are similar (from what I could glimpse with a flashlight, not with actual measurements). Time permitting, I'll do a back to back comparison of these 2 pipes' performances this weekend. Take a look...

This is a comparison of the 0702 and the 0403...

ORIGINAL"supertib"

STS 30 on a LST will hate the STS 0702 and Losi HT.. it will love a STS 0403 or a JP-2 with a stinger drilled to 8.8 mm
Old 01-15-2009, 12:30 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Hmm.

Interesting.

We suppose it must be the length of the header that will make the 30 hate the 0702. Perhaps it's time to go pipe shopping.

MF, Still waiting on servos, otherwise the truck woulda done been broken by now
Old 01-15-2009, 02:49 AM
iexion

I have a 053 on my 427 right now and cant get it to keep a dam tune worth anything. Put the HT back on it and didnt have to think about any needles. Albeit i was dumb anuff to sell the HT pipe with a buggy a few months ago[:@] and will be getting another one off my next paycheck....

IMO That 053 seems like a pipe to be on an engine bigger then a .28 maybe like a .36 or maybe a .50? (or an STS30 im sure) but dont knock the HT pipe. For $20-$30 bucks its a great pipe for BB mills. Ive used it with a .21-.26-.28 and have not had a problem with it.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 AM
3-172IN MTN

I dont know about your results with the 053 but I know that on my .28 it was great and also does amazing things on my Picco .27. No issues with tune or power delivery. Maybe there is something else in there that is inhibiting your tune with the pipe. Or, maybe your engine is not liking the pipe, that is a possibility, not everyone is going to have the same results all the time.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
iexion

Yea i dont know really. My only guess was the weather (running in the 10's and below)
Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently bought an 053, mostly because TBJ told me to... , and recently tested it on my Mach 427 in my RC8T.. At first I was stoked. It was wicked aggressive on the bottom end as I was warming it up back and forth next to the track. But then............, once warm and on the track, the first straight was like....... gagging, puking absolute lack of top-end. It was shocking actually. I then put a JP-2 on and it was better. But even the JP-2 is lame compared to the stock Muggy HD pipe. The Losi HD pipes are GOOD on a Mach..

Not everything from RTR's needs to be upgraded...
Old 01-16-2009, 02:18 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

The other side of it, and Herr, I'm sorry if the 053 didnt' work out on the RC8t...the Savage really woke up with the 053 on the THS header on the Savage

the long header may make the differnence