Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:34 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

Yes, he is snagging an Aftershock soon, from another RCU member. Paypal is itching to have the money sent as we speak. But, mostly, this will be a placeholder for all his pics and such

Questions, though...

Should ThunderbirdJunkie immediately snag some LST2 CVDs? He'd like to go 17mm all around so he can use Savage wheels/tires he already has, since he's got acres of the dang things. How about durability upgrades? Anything that should be done immediately?

Thanks guys!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: So ThunderbirdJunkie is getting a new (to him) truck

PrjctStrtFrce says you are a traitor!

TBJ better post pictures once he receives the thing.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:58 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie is not a traitor.
He simply wants a Losi MT. He already knows his Savage will always be better; he is just curious about the other side of the fence. He's already had a Revo and a couple Maxxes.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
full maxx

and him is still talking about him in the three people
Old 12-12-2008, 09:52 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

ORIGINAL: full maxx

Is your lack of sense intentional?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:58 PM
newaddict

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Is your lack of sense intentional?
I'm really interested in knowing the answer to that question.

On a side note: Can you ppl not talk about yourselves in third person. Is it that hard to talk like a normal person
Old 12-12-2008, 10:05 PM
newaddict

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Yes, he is snagging an Aftershock soon, from another RCU member. Paypal is itching to have the money sent as we speak. But, mostly, this will be a placeholder for all his pics and such

Questions, though...

Should ThunderbirdJunkie immediately snag some LST2 CVDs? He'd like to go 17mm all around so he can use Savage wheels/tires he already has, since he's got acres of the dang things. How about durability upgrades? Anything that should be done immediately?

Thanks guys!
Fix your English. Stop using the third person perspective and so we can make some sense of what you're saying and if people are then ready to read your post, they may consider posting a worthwhile answer or suggestion.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

Man, there is a lot of FAIL in this thread.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 AM
full maxx

yes its intentional
Old 12-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Chris_RC

LMAO!!!!! There was a thread a while back on the Nitro Staium Truck Forum that he did the same thing but it was really funny. Link to thread: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8186776/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm[/link] That kid just dint listen. The post is on the 2nd page, post #35.

ThunderBirdJunkie: Because top speed=quality

There is a reason the newer, better one is recommended. OH, wait...no, ThunderbirdJunkie recommends the XXXNT over the Firestorm. Hmm, odd...but he thought the XXXNT was pushing a decade old, and the Firestorm hasn't been out that long!

Weird!

Good thing ThunderbirdJunkie follows the faster=better mantra, because he has an XXXNT AD2 that MIGHT go 30 mph going downhill with a 1/8 on road car pushing it, a Savage that MIGHT go 40, and a stock silver-can powered F103GT that might go 30 mph with the AD2 pushing it while being pushed by said 1/8 on road car.

Man, top speed=the best thing ever!

EZ Start sucks, chassis sucks, handling sucks, the truck just hands down sucks the nuts of everything...including the Evader ST. the Evader ST is 150x better than the Nitro Rusty.

Chris_RC:
Old 12-13-2008, 01:09 AM
TheArsonist21

Thearsonist21 thinks that Thunderbirdjunkie is retarded for talking in the third person in all of his posts. Arsonist usually doesent do that much either, but there are certain times when Arsonist feels as though talking this way is the only way to be heard.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:16 AM
TheArsonist21

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Questions, though...

Thanks guys!

Arsonist feels as though you should sell it and buy an LST2.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:56 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: newaddict

Fix your English. Stop using the third person perspective and so we can make some sense of what you're saying and if people are then ready to read your post, they may consider posting a worthwhile answer or suggestion.
ThunderbirdJunkie's English is actually pretty damn good. If you cannot make sense of his ramblings, then move on to the next post! If you'd like, ThunderbirdJunkie can instead refer to himself as We.

Actually, We will start doing that now!

However, your attempt at constructive criticism is welcomed, as well, even if it will be ignored!

TheArsonist...this Aftershock is coming quite cheaply.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Kanyo Master of Pie

Before I say anything at all, look at your name. A screen name is still a proper noun and should therefore, in English, have the first letter capitalized. Such as in Kanyo, Master of Pie, every main word is capitalized.

Now then, what's wrong with his English? Is it because it's not in APA format? He doesn't have his sources cited properly? If you can't understand what he's saying how do you accomplish simple, everyday conversations? Does everyone have to refer to others in the first or second person? How about "Mary went to the mall."? If I'm not Mary (which I'm not), and you're not Mary (which you're not, at least not this PARTICULAR Mary), then how do I communicate the idea of someone who is neither me nor you doing or being something or somewhere? And what does the guy's syntax preference have to do with RC cars? Seriously. It's childish and immature and makes casual forum readers like myself agitated enough to actually say something. Just because he's been posting in third person for a month and a half or so doesn't make any difference. I think there's more trolling on these forums than on Canadian public television, and it's really frustrating to get home from work, sit and chill on the computer, and see off-topic insulting BS in a thread that's clearly meant to ask a question. Nobody's mastery of the English language is in question anywhere else where aberrant grammatical monsters like

ORIGINAL: 1cougar1 on thread "lrp z .28 spec 3 for my lst2??? - 12/11/2008 2:36:54 AM"

im planning on getting a lrp z spec 3 for my lst2. ive heard its the recomended mill for a lst2 and from what ive read i wont be disapointed. anyway i know it drops right in, but should i replace my clutch system for better performance cause ive heard of people who buy the lrp and it doesnt run right untill they upgrade there clutch stuff(flywheel, collet, bearings and shoes) and is the clutch bell on the lst2 the same as the pinion gears. dont really feel like getting it out and looking cause its late. and whats a good clutch set up thats known to be kick@$$. well thats it. oh one more Q, wheres the best and cheapest hobby store to buy one of these bad boys from. thanx, clay unruh
go unchecked. I mean no offense, Cougar, I have no problem with poor grammar on the internet, I'm just trying to make a point. You never even mentioned any of that in any posts in that entire thread, newaddict, Ye Who Havest No Capitalized Letters in Thy Name, which leads me to suggest you simply have some personal vendetta against Junkie. Your post added nothing to the conversation and was unnecessarily lacking in civility. If you're going to whine about grammar, then please note other actual grammatical mistakes in others' posts. I like to read these forums for content, not to see pointless trolling.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:01 AM
bzinfinity

I always get a kick of out of grammar Nazi's on forums.

Half of the people who post here can't distinguish their from there, or break from brake, let alone nickel or dime words.

But then people pick apart someone who otherwise spells well or writes well when they make an error that a honors english teacher would not mark off for.

You know what they say - walk tall and carry a big stick, or insult people via the internet so they can't beat you up.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 AM
TheArsonist21

I don't care about his grammar, I just think that talking in the third person is really freakin funny.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Twin_Zilla

^^ Agreed
And good luck with the Aftershock, they are good trucks
Old 12-13-2008, 10:28 AM
full maxx

ORIGINAL: Twin_Zilla

^^ Agreed
of course their good trucks .... their losi
Old 12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
PrjctStrtFrce

^^ Agreed
Their =/= they're [>:]
Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ThunderbirdJunkie words not bad, ThunderbirdJunkie just say ThunderbirdJunkie got Losi Aftershock.

Give ThunderbirdJunkie props, ThunderbirdJunkie try Losi products, ThunderbirdJunkie not fanboy, ThunderbirdJunkie mind be open

Seriously, help the guys out. He is venturing into Losi and wants to give it an honest try. He isnt here to bash Losi just because he might be an HPI fan or a Traxxas fan, he wants to experience another brand and what it has to offer. And I think Losi is a great brand to experience. I think Losi will give as good an experience as HPI or Traxxas would even give.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:16 PM
full maxx

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

^^ Agreed
Their =/= they're [>:]
they are ...happy
Old 12-13-2008, 01:23 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Trying to get this thing back on track......, probably the main thing to upgrade would of course be to RPM's with Lunsford links.. That's expensive though.. Even better probably would be to get the LST2 upgrade package.. I don't know all that much about AF's, but a lot of people seem to like theirs..

It's basically an LST1, so it's got those little bitty looking arms on it. So I would want to beef that up.

Are the hexes 14mm or 20 or what?

For the LST2 anyway I was advised to get Mugen 17mm hexes and some shims, which I did.. So far so great..

A wing kit is a nice little upgrade - though the mount is weak... Still, offers some protection on flip-overs etc..

Does it need a Dynamite engine-brace too like the LST2? I'd assume so..

I just installed the hard ano front skid plate - the one which protects your servos.. I smashed a steering servo landing a big jump once, so I learned the hard way..

Probably, you just need to go run it and see what you think and what happens..

I bet it's faster than your Savage though...
Old 12-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Sugafree

Check this thread,
Difference's between the LST1/Aftershock & the LST2

And do you know what if anything...... as far as Up-grades go where done to the Truck?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:23 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ThunderbirdJunkie words not bad, ThunderbirdJunkie just say ThunderbirdJunkie got Losi Aftershock.

Give ThunderbirdJunkie props, ThunderbirdJunkie try Losi products, ThunderbirdJunkie not fanboy, ThunderbirdJunkie mind be open

Seriously, help the guys out. He is venturing into Losi and wants to give it an honest try. He isnt here to bash Losi just because he might be an HPI fan or a Traxxas fan, he wants to experience another brand and what it has to offer. And I think Losi is a great brand to experience. I think Losi will give as good an experience as HPI or Traxxas would even give.
With the Aftershock, SavageJim, ThuderbirdJunkie will own 3 nitro Losi cars, 4 total He is not a fanboy, never was, and never will be...he just likes stirring the pot from time to time

ThunderbirdJunkie enjoyed caveman speak, though. You Jane, ThunderbirdJunkie Tarzan!

Suga...Nothing that is known at this point. Y'all will get pics, it's due to be at "da crib" on the 19th and maybe you guys can point things out to me. It's definitely getting the LST2 CVDs, so it can get some 17mm hubs. Nothing would suck more than blowing copious amounts of money on new wheels that can't even be run on the Savage(s)!

Thanks to those who have decided to be constructive!

HerrSavage, did you have to drill out the hubs' pin holes so you could fit a 3mm pin in there? ThunderbirdJunkie had to do this on his Savage when he put the 8mm buggy style hubs on it. if the Mugens are already drilled for 3mm...he will simply order 12 of the suckers

Oh...and faster than the Savage? Doubtful, since the Aftershock will be getting the Savage's old Mach 427/053 pipe combo...and the Savage has an STS 30
Old 12-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ThunderbirdJunkie has 2 Losi XXX-NT AD2s.

Quote from thunderbirdJunkie: "ThunderbirdJunkie has two Losi XXXNT's for a reason.

Next will be a GT2 FT "

Boy do I get a kicking out of ThunderbirdJunkie's 3rd person point of view!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.