Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

How much longer

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

How much longer

Old 06-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much longer

How much longer do we have to endure this slow death?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How much longer

Actually, you don't really have to "endure" anything. (unless you are talking about the crappy weather we have been having around these parts)

You have the ability to make a choice........always have.

......unless of course, you are being held hostage by an evil gang of masked, non-competitive types who have duck-taped you infront of the monitor, stapled your eye lids open and stolen your mouse? .....then I could understand you inability to execute a left mouse click.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:52 AM
mgaddison

ORIGINAL: Hughes500E

How much longer do we have to endure this slow death?

Unless I missed something here, who told you that you had to come here. Are you afraid that some information or ideas might be exchanged here that are contrary to your own.

I welcome your opinions here. I might even learn something from you. Why would you want to close something which gives you a voice to so many.

Keep this forum alive...you never know what kind of ideas or passion you might stir in someone just because you decided to post your opinion or information.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Hughes500E

Just simply embarrassed by the carying on and antics displayed in here. The poll above shows clearly how most of us feel so I am just wondering how long we will be a source of entertainment here on RCU?

Exiting from the forum is fine but my decision to do that puts me in two places. Turning my back on a given situation that requires support from an honorable person, such as myself, has never been something that I have practiced. It's better to just support the removal of this forum. I am sure I speak for many!

Enjoy the hobby!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:14 PM
mgaddison

I'm not so sure I agree with the poll. It is very easy to have an anonymous poll in which you don't have to justify your reason for voting. I believe that if you took a poll of the regular posters in this forum, you would have a majority vote to keep it. Last time I looked there were 31 votes and I don't think that you can say there have been 31 posters to this forum. Me thinks there is a hidden aganda somewhere.

Seems to me that there are a lot of people that have contributed nothing to the discussions here are making the voteing.

What is wrong with the sharing of information that is relevant to MAAC. While I have seen some posts that might constitute a flaming, I have also seen where I can go to fun fly's and have seen some great pictures of planes from people in my area. Would be a shame to lose it.

I am glad that you have taken the time to post here. Must mean that this forum is of some value to you if anything to set the record straight to your point of view. Who knows, we might agree with more each other more than you care to know.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Sharpy01

Our fellow modeller from Brandon makes some very good points. Well said.

Just simply embarrassed by the carying on and antics displayed in here. The poll above shows clearly how most of us feel so I am just wondering how long we will be a source of entertainment here on RCU?
Isn't that kind of the point of the hobby? (entertainment that is)

..........embarrassed about what? Canucks having differing opinions and the revalation that we all don't think alike?

Exiting from the forum is fine but my decision to do that puts me in two places. Turning my back on a given situation that requires support from an honorable person, such as myself, has never been something that I have practiced. It's better to just support the removal of this forum. I am sure I speak for many!

Enjoy the hobby!
................huh? Sorry, I need some help to figure this bit out. (my apologies for being dense) [sm=stupid.gif]
Old 06-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Hughes500E

It simply means that I can not exit this forum and never think about it again.
Keep the politics, keep the politics real, keep caring but do it by attending AGM's and supporting your clubs. Help out with events and stay safe. Given the fact that most of the conversations on here and "other places" usually get nasty, I see no reason to remain on display!

Kill this forum!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Jigley3

Huges500E
Lighten up there Pal…. Don’t take all that political BS. So seriously. Treat it for what it is “JUNK MAIL” and just ignore it. If you let them get to you it’ll give yourself an ulcer or at the very least a headache. These guys sometimes, not often mind you, have something worthwhile to say and it is counter productive in my view to mussel them.

Keep the form alive. It is important for everyone to be able to have there say and not be censored because their view runs odds with the establishment. Sometimes the silent majority gets a bit of a voice and there is always a campaign to silence it. It seems the power brokers aren’t fond of folks raining on their parade.

bert

Old 06-12-2005, 10:22 PM
mgaddison

Unforunately I do not have the means to attend AGM's. I barely have enough to fuel up my planes.

What I can do is read, learn, think and form opinions based on what I see here and on other forums.

What I see that you want is take away from myself, and others, a bit of self education by allowing us to see what others think about issues about MAAC that affect MAAC members. I cannot get this from RCC.

The nastiness can be filtered out by those of us with some sense of reason and I think of you as one of those people. I would hate to see some of your opinions go unheard when they could be full of valuable information.

I tend to be one that questions the flow. I usually wonder if there could be a better or easier way than doing the same old thing. I know that there are others out there that feel the same way. Maybe you are one of them. I would hate to know that I would be unable to hear those ideas or be able to express them in a post.

If it gets too scary for you though, there is always one thing that you can do. And that is to keep your opinions to yourself and never be heard and use that little red X in the top right corner of your screen.

If you want to be heard and share and offer up something of interest to fellow MAAC members, then I want to be the first to shake your hand and welcome you in.

Who knows...you might even agree with Sharpy on something.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Sharpy01

It simply means that I can not exit this forum and never think about it again.
Keep the politics, keep the politics real, keep caring but do it by attending AGM's and supporting your clubs. Help out with events and stay safe. Given the fact that most of the conversations on here and "other places" usually get nasty, I see no reason to remain on display!

Kill this forum!
The fact is,

I did AND do all those things and went way beyond by representing the Manitoba/NWO zone on the board for over 3 years. The politics is "real" and at times the truth isn't all that flattering to the organization. Worse than that, too high a percentage of the membership hasn't a clue what goes on or how things work. They rely on a single source of information, like a 1/2 dozen guys who frequent a specific website who seem to want to keep the membership uninformed and apathetic. The reason it gets "nasty" sometimes is because I always refused to keep the business of MAAC politics behind the 50 year old closed doors. It upsets a small group who tend to go after the person instead of the issue. Classic politics; if you can't argue the truth and facts, go after the speaker.

This thread is actually a good example of a decent debate, which in itself is a reason to keep the forum operating.

Closing a forum because you don't like what people are thinking is wrong. Opposing viewpoints and different personalities an opinion is kind of the reason that forums exist in the first place.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Hughes500E

Many good comments have been made throughout this thread.

Perhaps it is me that needs to take a different approach. If the forum remains I will do my best to help others understand and be a positive influence for what I am sure will be important topics. If the forum is removed then perhaps it would be the end to a new beginning for some.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:55 AM
britbrat

Many good comments have been made throughout this thread.

Perhaps it is me that needs to take a different approach. If the forum remains I will do my best to help others understand and be a positive influence for what I am sure will be important topics. If the forum is removed then perhaps it would be the end to a new beginning for some.

Wow, welcome aboard.