Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

General question about frequencies

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

General question about frequencies

Old 04-07-2006, 10:41 AM
nuclear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General question about frequencies

I'm not really an airplane enthusiast but do enjoy "ground" rcs!!. My question has to do with airplane frquencies and car frquencies. Are they interchangeable? The reason I'm asking is because in my area there is a flying club and I would like to start a car club. We may be able to share the same area of land and I thought it would be easier to keep track of everyones radio instead of running the chance of interference from a car that the flyers may not know is in the area. Also, what would insurance would be required? I know the airplane insurance is a must--how would this affect ground based rc cars? Thanks
Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
bbbair

Default RE: General question about frequencies

The Quick answer is NO.

Cars, Boats, and Airplanes all work on different frequencies. So there are no worries if you have a Car Club next to an Aero Club (that's why they did it! )

Do NOT try to amalgamate them into one group it'll just cause problems when you get a cross over and start shooting down AC with your kid's car system...[:@][:'(]

As for insurance - don't know - but I doubt it. Not too many out of control RC cars make it over the fence to hit the neighbours house .

That being said - go over to the RC Car site and ask them, they could have a different take on things. [8D]
Old 04-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Donovan Dow

Morning N

Please try this Maac site:

http://www.maac.ca/freq_chart.php

cheers

Don Dow
Old 04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
byrocat

Basically: 27, 49 and 75 Mhz are usable. If you buy a "real" RC car radio, it will be on 75Mhz.

27Mhz is full-power so you stand a chance of interference with A/C if you're within radio range (5 KM to be sure).
49Mhz is 100 milliwatts so the range is very short.
75Mhz is designated surface only (cars and boats).

Be aware of who is located in your surrouding area (5 KM) and you're off to the races