Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP BURNING UP SERVOS

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

PLEASE HELP BURNING UP SERVOS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PLEASE HELP BURNING UP SERVOS

Okay I have a sapac L-39 with AR7000 on a DX7 and the plane is set up with a bec on 7.4 two cell lipo with CC80amp and the 5 to 10 amp bec with the 14,8 volt running the fan. I have a servo reverser on the flaps and I have burned up three servos JR SM22. Now I have one more channel on the AR 7000. I need someone to please help me to use that to plug in the other servo for the flaps. I have the servo reverser plug into aux 2 witch is the flaps and I have the open aux 1. I don't know how to make that one a slave for aux two so both flap servos are pluged into the reciver and I don't have to use the reverser. I am a little mad right now and I am disabled vet with a head injury. So any help with the radio would be great please. I have only one more servo left. Thank you
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Crash Campbell

Default RE: PLEASE HELP BURNING UP SERVOS

Hi,

I may be missing something here but I suspect the servo reverser is the culprit if by "burned" you mean damaged! Why don't you just reverse the servo through the radio? I would suggest that you assign the flaps to Aux one and slave the second to Aux two or use a Y lead and run the push rods off opposite sides of the servos. Sorry if I have misinterpreted your problem.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 PM
giddyuperic

Hello You are right I need help doing the AUX. I have one more channel left I just don't know how to do it. And yes they are burning up letting out the smoke as they would say. So I can't use the Y as you said because the servos are go in one way only. So it would have to be the slave thing. Like I said I don't know how to do this . But I have one more channel left can you help please. I was going to call horizon in the morning, But if you could help that would be great. I have one more JR SM22 left.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It's pretty simple to rewire your servo to reverse it if you can solder. Switch the motor wires and switch the two outside wires on the pot.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Crash Campbell

Hi,

If the servos are smoking there is a serious problem with something, most likely the servo reverser. Don't use it and reverse the servo through the radio or as jester described, or come off the opposite side of the second servo with the push rod. Don't rush take your time.

To assign the flaps to a master and slave:

Press down and select at the same time to enter function mode.
Press increase or decrease to select the master channel.
Press select to highlight the slave channel.
Press increase or decrease to select the slave channel.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Colin
Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there something in that system that is reducing 7.4V down to something usable for the servos? Just a shot in the dark...
Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 PM
giddyuperic

Yes the BEC is doing that. It has to be the revesrer because I only am smoken the flap servos. I will try to program it and if I can't get it then I will call the tech line first thing in the morning. Thanks guys for your help. It has to be that darn servo reverser. Junk!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:17 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure there isn't some kind of a pre load or bind on your flaps......I think I'd do a voltage check on your flap channel as compaired to any other channel that is working.....and I'd try to do a continuinty check of the reverser as compaired to a regular extension pay attention to what pin is what color.....You may not be able to because of the circuit board that is in the reversing Y.....but give it a try......
this servo is indeed capable of running 4.8 and 6 volts....good luck...let us know what you find
Old 03-11-2010, 11:16 AM
giddyuperic

I got it it is the reverser. And I got the tech guys to help me set up the radio for aux 1 and aux 2 to run the flaps off of the one flap switch. Now I would like to get a load checker. It is not the same as the one we use for the motors. Where can I get one and about how much to they cost. Thank you guys for all your help. So far this morning the flaps are working great. I have 7.4 lipo but it is on a CCbec and AR7000 reciver is that no enough to protech the servos? It had to be the reverser. One more thing the JR SM22 servos make alot of noise is this normal??? Thanks