Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Problems so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problems so far

Is there a way when posting for the "add signature" to be automaticly checked?
Old 09-08-2003, 06:32 PM
David Cutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I just show the new messages in just my subscribed threads?

Thanks

David C.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have received email saying I have new PM's,, yet can not access them...

Received emails saying "<nick> has replied to your post", click on it and
get error message..

To add to post, the ' [OK] [PREVIEW] [CANCEL] ' , could [OK] be changed to [ADD]
or maybe [POST] ,, just wondering...

Have to log in every time.. Is there a cookie for nick/pass remember ..?

Difficult site to get around on.. Hope in time I can manuver with ease..
Old 09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Billiam411

I like it that when you put your mouse over a thread, it shows the first few lines of the post. Is there a way to control if you recieve e-mail notifications of replies? I'm not getting any e-mails
Old 09-08-2003, 06:53 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

No problems here so far everything is kool!!!!

But what the hell is a javascript??
Old 09-08-2003, 08:26 PM
easysport
My Feedback: (2)

I am looking for the subscription button on the welcome panel on the home page and dont see it. I am also getting java errors when I go to forum settings
Old 09-08-2003, 08:29 PM
easysport

Nevermind I found the subscription AFTER going to forums it is not on home page. I am still missing PM's from this weekend from someone I bought from want them back
Old 09-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All working well with no further JavaScript errors; both at work on an NT and here at home on Windows Me. Good work.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
easysport

Try going to your forum settings and see if you get java error
Old 09-09-2003, 07:25 AM
Blackie

A couple of questions.

Was everyone able to retain possession of their usernames?

Are the galleries still available?

Thanks
Blackie
Old 09-09-2003, 07:29 AM
mvigod
Banned

we are building the galleries.

username changes will be addressed once the site is stable.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Everything works great here.
Marc, to answer your question. I like the new email feature. I can read the reply in my email without having to log on to RCU.

I do have 2 questions.
1 I can't figure out how to customize "My Forums"
2 Do I have to enter username and password every time I log on? I log on and off about 30 times a day.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:23 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

One problem I have with this new site is same one I had with R/C Online. You enter what could be valuable information if published, give it away willingly for free to fellow members, then the site changes and the information is lost or reveiwed and sold.

Posts are missing that were not deleted for improper content.

Are you going to delete this post? Is it offensive in any way?
Old 09-10-2003, 07:31 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Okay, no one else has posted this, so I'm assuming it's either something I'm doing, or an issue with my PC or something.

I have not been able to view the second page of 'either' the "Auctions" or "Classifieds" pages. (Depending on the day.)

Two days ago, after looking at the first page of auctions, I clicked "Next", but was taken to a "Classifieds" page that said 30 of 21 (not 21 of 30 even). (There weren't enough ads to warrant a second classifieds page, so I never tried that.

I sent an email to Marc regarding the problem. Yesterday, I was able to go to the second "Auctions" page, so assumed the problem had been corrected. THEN, I tried going to the second page of the "Classifieds" and low and behold, was taken to the second page of "Auctions".

I sent an email to Marc, and today the original problem is back, ie. can't get to the second page of "Auctions".

If it wasn't just my problem, I'm guessing people would be screaming! But I haven't heard word one from 'Administrators' (no reply to email), which is unusual too. [sm=confused.gif]

Please swap the front page smileys with "more smaileys". The ones on the front page suck eggs. (IMHO)

I've lost nearly 800 posts too. When you first opened this new site, I'd only lost about 200, it keeps going up. What's up with that?

Oh yeah, I'd still like to see the posts when on the "Post Reply" page. I refer back to those posts a LOT when replying to someone.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Dennis-
Old 09-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

How’s all this for a kicker:

1) I can’t make a new thread or PM someone without MUCH aggravation. When I try, the “new thread box” or “PM box” that opens up is too large for my screen (15”, reso. 600X800). The “ok” and whatnot at the bottom of those boxes extend beyond my bottom tool bars and merely removing those bottom tool bars still isn’t enough. And yet, it won’t let me move the box up or down (just sideways). I have to resort to changing by resolution (making every thing waaay to small) in order to make a new thread or PM, then, change it back just so I can read it. AAAAAARRRRGGGGGH! And yes, I’ve moved it with the small reso. so it will remember where I want it but then I can’t read what’s up top. SHEESH.

2) Another dang thing is, setup is in “tree” format which I’ve tried to change but doesn’t take effect therefore I have to open a new page each time I want read a reply. Did I mention I was on dial-up? Why doesn’t it change when I request it too? How long does it freakin’ take? I’ll throw in another “SHEESH” here.

3) I attempted to contact “administration” about this a day or so ago. It say’s it was successful but I’ve received no response. However, right now, you guys have your hands full so I let that pass by me for the most part with just a little “sheesh” this time.

I’ve been so overly aggravated with the new site I haven’t wanted to come, at all. What use to be a wonderful thing is so upside down it’s pathetic. But, I remain optimistic in seeing these things, these problems, a thing of the past in due time. I applaud the efforts thus far and will continue to do so.

Rock on guys, I just need suggestions on a “how to” fix that isn’t in your line up.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Billyman

And still no reply (note time stamp). The "sheehes" keep coming!

Another thing.....: no "quick reply", how useful this tool was. Especially for us dial-ups.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Smilies will more than likely be changed, but cosmetic issues are on the back burner.

Posts may relate to the old swap shop. It may also be the result of your account at RCA vs RCU. This is being addressed and finalized in the next couple weeks. You may not get all your posts back, but we all know it's not the quantity rather the quality right?

You may hit the "quote original" button above the message box or simply view the thread as the message box now opens a new window so you can do that.

Resolution problems are known and will be resolved.

Send your "tree" problem to [email protected]

You may not receive a response if reporting a bug or if it's a known problem they are working on. They have the choice to respond to each individual or resolve the issues.

A lot of people liked the 'quick reply' so I expect that will come back as well. Right now it's about acheiving and maintaing a stable platform so we can get to the fun stuff we all love about RCU.

Sorry if I missed anything, but you may email if I did.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Billyman

I'm just thankful to get a reply.

Nah, seriously though, as I said, you guys (admin) have your hands FULL at the moment and will for a while. I know all to well about the aggravations of software changes when it comes to forums.

Over half the questions folks have are easily self explanatory if they’d bother to look but, it’s easier to complain and whine and scream “HELP ME!!”.

Anywho, good luck admin dudes. Strap on your seat belts………it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Besides, I’m a patient man.