Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Bold Setting for New Posts

Old 09-12-2003, 05:40 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bold Setting for New Posts

Yesterday I cold see that new posts were being displayed in bold. Now today I am on a different computer and have none of the threads I expected to see in bold that were posted to after I logged off.

I am seeing bold threads after posts are made since I logged on from this computer.

It looks like you have implemented the new bold thread display by linking it to a specific PC? Cookies? This should be independent of the PC used and tied to the username like it used to be on the old RCU. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bold Setting for New Posts

I agree. And you are correct that it is per computer. Each computer will track separately based on your cookie. It was done this way for speed and to reduce database load but if you switch computers alot it is a pain.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:08 PM

Is this something that will come back? Ever?

I switch computers A LOT.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:04 PM
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Mike in DC

Is this something that will come back? Ever?

I switch computers A LOT.
I switch computers a lot too. Sometimes I have up to 5 different computers I may read RCU from. I used to like the way I could login from any PC and have access to all of the new threads that were in bold.

But now I have tried it the other way, I am thinking it could be a positive.

This way I can login to the site from a different PC to check on something without worrying about losing track of all the new threads by having them reset when I logout. If I want to sit down for a long reading session I do it from the one PC I want to track new threads on.