Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Possible Scammer

Old 12-04-2017, 06:54 AM
dsrepairs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possible Scammer

Got a response to one of my ads from [email protected]. A quick google search of this email address shows cause for concern
Old 12-04-2017, 08:06 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Please use the report function in the marketplace so JWN knows.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:13 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Which ad and how did they contact you? Through the site or directly through email?

I notice you have your email address posted in your ad. Doing so opens you up to direct emails from both valid members and scammers alike,
Old 12-04-2017, 05:57 PM
dsrepairs

It was through direct email. He didn't mention if the ad was in RCU or Flying Giants. Posted ad in both.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:59 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

We do have an account with that email address, but it was banned 3 months ago.

You may want to consider not posting your email address in your ad to prevent these types of people from emailing you directly.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:07 PM
dsrepairs

Will do. Thanks for your help
Old 12-10-2017, 07:21 AM
A-17
My Feedback: (3)

Seems the same guy was trying to scam me through emails a few days ago.He never mentions the items name.
His first email:" Still up for sale? "
His second email:" Thanks for your quick reply.I'm going on a business trip but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment so i need your full name,mailing address and cell phone number.Am paying by Certified Cashier Check .I'll add Extra $50 for keeping it in my favor.I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the check.Awaiting your info.
Thanks"
I did a Google search and came up with multiple hits as did the original poster. This guys been busy!

Me
Old 12-10-2017, 12:48 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A-17 View Post
Seems the same guy was trying to scam me through emails a few days ago.He never mentions the items name.
His first email:" Still up for sale? "
His second email:" Thanks for your quick reply.I'm going on a business trip but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment so i need your full name,mailing address and cell phone number.Am paying by Certified Cashier Check .I'll add Extra $50 for keeping it in my favor.I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the check.Awaiting your info.
Thanks"
I did a Google search and came up with multiple hits as did the original poster. This guys been busy!

Me
Yep. Classic scam.
And A-17, how come it took you 14 years to make your first post? We've missed you, buddy!
Old 12-12-2017, 05:21 PM
vanz73

I fell for this scam until I got a bogus check for $1500 for a $200 kit. He said take an extra $100 for my troubles and send the balance. Total scammer. I had the exact same emails. Reported this to my local police and post office. I am having fun answering his emails right now.