Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Trading plus member what does this mean when you see it next to a members name

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Trading plus member what does this mean when you see it next to a members name

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 07:33 AM
chefmarkt69
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trading plus member what does this mean when you see it next to a members name

Hello,
I am thinking on purchasing an item from another mber and I see a badge that says trading plus member under there screen name. Does this mean that they are a trusted seller?
Old 02-13-2024, 02:12 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

it used to, 15 or so years ago...
The following users liked this post:
chefmarkt69 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
chefmarkt69

Default So what does it mean now??

So what does it mean these days?
Old 02-13-2024, 06:07 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

near as i can tell,

nothing
Old 02-16-2024, 11:47 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

When RCU upgraded their software and did some server switching some time ago, some new features came with the upgrade; the user title banners like “premium member” and “trading plus member”. You can pay to subscribe to be a higher status member which affords you different perks; ie: larger message storage or capability. I think when those user account titles came along, certain post levels or trader levels influenced your title. I’ve never paid to subscribe to this forum, yet my title is premium member. I’m guessing it’s based on join date or post count. Maybe both.

on the topic of a trading plus member; they probably paid or had a high trading level established to get the title. That title comes with the capability to host more ads at one time I believe. When in doubt, check the feedback.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 02-16-2024 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:22 AM
chefmarkt69

Default I was scammed by someone posing as a member of the fourum

Thank you for your reply, so as for why I ask is that I was recently scammed by someone that impersonated a member on this forum. These scammers are very smart and steal our hard earned money!! This individual is using a current members name and sending emails with pictures of the item that the member is selling but using a different email and either Venmo, chime and or Zelle app to take your money. I found out by actually calling the member that had something for sale on here and they said no decided not to sell my item. But the scammer is selling there item. So be careful, I lost $350 to this scammer and now I am trying to recover it.

Last edited by chefmarkt69; 02-17-2024 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:12 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Don’t post any personal information, and don’t send any money to anyone via those cash apps. PayPal or Postal money orders are the only way I pay, and I do not answer to any emails soliciting hobby stuff unless it’s someone I know. We really have to pay attention and be smart. Do not post anything even remotely identifiable on the open forums.
The following users liked this post:
chefmarkt69 (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 08:53 AM
chefmarkt69

Default Thank you for the information

Yes I made the mistake of posting my email. I did let the other legitimate fourum member know about there account being used in this way. They also had there email and also there phone number posted. Also the scammer had the guys to reach out to me again and again saying they need more money for shipping and asked me to send it via an Apple gift card. I also reported the account that they are using to Venmo. I wonder if the person on Venmo knows they are using there account. It was a women named Stephine B I forget the last name.