Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Lipo cut off help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo cut off help please

Hi I would like to get some Maxamps power for my E-Revo but I dont understand how to count the cells in the packs. I will be using a Novak 4 cell lipo cutoff (part # 5471). I think what I need will be 2S2P lipos but I am getting the impression that this type of battery is actually made up of 4 individual cells. This would mean that two of these batteries together would be 8 individual cells?? In case you can't tell I'm really confused on the whole subject. I have try'ed to figure this out on my own and have learned quite a bit about lipo power but can't seem to find definitive information on what battery configurations this lipo cut off was designed for. The instructions from Novak do a pretty good job of explaining different ways to wire everything up but they don't help much with the proper battery applications. If Lipos weren't such an investment I would be less afraid to experiment, but they are far to expensive to take chances. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 AM

Default RE: Lipo cut off help please

The revo is made to run on a 4S set up. One 2S or 2 cell pack per side. They are then wired in series to create a 4S pack or the esc will have two separate plugs on it one for each pack. A 2S2P pack is still a 2S or 2 cell pack. It's just made up of two groups of two smaller cell capacities to make a larger capacity pack.

Jason
Old 02-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Lipo cut off help please

cool thanks!