Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

expensive plane needs battteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
BT Sniper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expensive plane needs battteries

I have 12 servos to power with half of them high torque. It has been recamended to me to use 2400-3300 mAh 7.4V lipos and regulate it to 6V. I'm ready to make the purchase but need help with exactly which battery pack, regulator and charger is needed. I will be opperating the new Futaba 10c 2.4GHz radio with futaba 3004 and 3010 servos.

How much run time can I expect with these batteries? Staight and level no high power aerobatics.

Maybe a simple question here but if a 7.4V pack is regulated to 6V at what point does one stop flying and recharge. I imagine you would check the volts of the pack and when they reach 7.0 or so, is this correct?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
BT Sniper

Default RE: expensive plane needs battteries

What upgraded battery pack would work well with this transmiter?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Any two cell Li-Po will work with what your doing I can't tell you a runtime as I have nothing that runs those servo's let alone anything that uses that many. As far as a voltage regulator goes you'll have to search around for one, we don't sell any. Yes I would say you'll want to stay in that 3000 mAh range as well for the pack. We have rec. packs here: http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=18 If you have the room you could also use a 3250 2S pack as well with a servo plug on it. For transmitter packs look here: http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=66

Jason
Old 04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
FOOPED
My Feedback: (8)

Go to Troy Built Planes and check out the battries and switch sight and you will find that the switch and regulator combo would give you what you want while running two 2600 Lion battries. At least you will have some great knowledge to help you decide which way to go.