Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Quadcopter flight controller help? >

Quadcopter flight controller help?

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Quadcopter flight controller help?

Old 06-19-2015, 03:00 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadcopter flight controller help?

Hi guys, Im new to the quadcopter hobby, as ive been a heliguy until now, and am looking to get into the hobby. I have a chance to get started in it for cheap. I found a HobbyKing "Bumblebee carbon fiber quadcopter 550" with a camera gimbal tilt mount and 720p Emerson Go Action cam, and Turnigy 9X 9Ch Tx w/Module and 8 ch Receiver, 3300 3s 30C lipo, and Imax B6 charger. Its all RTF for a very good deal.

The thing is, the only flight controller included is the Hobbyking KK 2.1 Multi-rotor LCD flight control board. Ultimately i'd like to be able to do full autonomous flight, using something like mission planner. So, im looking for some help in choosing the right electronics to do this, all on a budget. Id like to keep the costs down on this first setup. Ive been looking at the stuff from HobbyKing and just need a push in the right direction, Id like to know what I need to order so I can get it all setup the first time.

I found a very inexpensive Autopilot flight control system called the JIYI P2 MultiRotor Autopilot Flight Control System for only 98.00 (US)! Which to me seems very affordable. It says it will do GPS,Headless Mode, Intelligent direction mode, Hover and Return to home.

The second item I found which I would like to get is the HKPilot32 Autonomous Vehicle 32bit Control Set w/power module for 129.00. Im wondering if this unit would work in conjunction with the JIYI P2 Autopilot flight control system? Or would I need to get a different GPS system to run with it? Also, it says it gets the RC input from a single cable to the receiver. Im wondering if the Turnigy 8ch Receiver allows for PPM output and would work with this? This is one thing im at a loss with, If the Turnigy receiver thats included with the Quad that im buying will not work with the HKPilot32, what receiver would I need to get tha twould work with both the TX and HKPilot32? Or is there a plug in adapter that is available to make it all work?

I don't want to order the wrong, incompatible hardware, so im looking for a little guidance here so when I place my order to hobbyking i can get everything I need to get up and running right off the bat.

any help here is greatly appreciated!

Ginnz!

[h=1][/h]
Old 06-20-2015, 10:14 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, well, thanks yall..... yeah. Anyways, disregard, as was being done. Ive figured it out. Or better yet, i'll figure it out.....