Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

XUFO and Draganflyer Related

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

XUFO and Draganflyer Related

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 AM
coptercaper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XUFO and Draganflyer Related

Seperate thread for XUFO and DRAGANFLYER related topics.

Here is a link to a Scandinavian XUFO group. Might be of interest for modification ideas.

http://www.xufo.se/forum/policy.asp
Old 04-04-2006, 03:25 PM
targit

Default RE: XUFO and Draganflyer Related

couldt understand a word unfortunately :P
Old 04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
intrim

hi hammer
I just got done writing you a long email asking you several questions regarding what the chances are for a xufo kit upgrade only to have it freaking lost. right now im am really pissed so i will try to give you the condensed version. I also have two xufo's one from silverlit and one througha bad internet deal and i ended up with a cheap clone called something like 400? dont really remember right now but im very excited at the thought of now having three helos including my draganfly..What is it going to take to get plans from "THE MAN" you say is the father of all of this? i went looking at the sites yesterday and got frustrated trying to gather up the pictures and see what info overlaped and could be trusted. no doubt those machines fly like hell. I could plow the field with one and only be out 175 bucks." to boldly go where no one has gone before" not in my DF at its high cost. but now i can easily ramp up the learning curve
and take some chances i would never have dreamed of trying in my DF What are the realitys of purchasing a kit. right now you have my attention I admit it im an impulse shopper. without this trait i probably wouldnt have my DF my macintosh amps my colts or my girl. opps sorry Hun just kidding so like a cheap used car salesman says "so what is it going to take to get you in this car?" Right now you could name your price!!! i have never complained about price in order to receive something soon. it's that sick trait i have showing its ugly head again, but i think i speak for many the time is now because in a short while i know one is being totally redesigned here in the states..and when that happens you have nothing. so the time is NOW . your videos show several flying together . are they all the same? if it really is the perfect design then one would think so but it seemed to me afterall the reading lastnight the one thing that stands out in my mind was how everyone had different gyros and components and were still trying to get it straight. if one of those flyers in the video is yours than make a list of parts you used in "that" df take some pictures that i can easly understand. do it tomorrow and name your price! I will send you the funds immediatly in any form you want. its that simple and quick

thanks michael(intrim)
want to discuss it? E-mail me
[email protected]
Old 04-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Hammer_DE

Hello Intrim,

first of all, sorry but i never became an email from you - if so .

Secondly, excuse my bad English, read is ok, write not completely in such a way.

As I understood, you are pisst about the stock UFO. Were we all.

I am not a coworker of Silverlit. I am only an inspired fan of DraganFlyer and x-UFO.

The 3HH-Piezo Mod developed in own thing and in Germany by different persons, in different ways.

The developers of x-UFO work also straight on rear spar a version, which is however not yet finished.

Our work has definitely nothing to do with Silverlit.

The best one and of each convertible Mods is the Plottermeier-Mod.
(there are 2 Versions - 1. roll-nick piezo mod - 2. yaw-roll-nick-piezo mod, i have the 2.)
You can find all instructions in the german board.

Please look in the German Forum www.x-ufo.de, in international-landingpad, then you can do the mod by ourself.

No - I would not like to sell anything and have also no financial interest.
I only have the opinion that these information and guidances is for all should be freely accessible and that everyone has the same
fun thereby, like we, here in germany.

For the other Mods, Frame stiffener, Rotos and so on, i can post more Pics and instructions here.

I hope this answer is ok for you and you can read and understand my bad writing

Many greetings
Hammer
Old 04-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Hammer_DE

Hi michael,

here is a pic of my personal x-ufo gyro board - how you can see, no mechgyro - this is the Yaw-Roll-Nick Piezo Mod Gyro.
The other electronicboard is stock an the CF-monocoque ist handmade.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:11 AM
targit

Hi hammer, I did the 1st mod, i did not see the mod for yaw control, this explains your excellent flying

with only roll & pitch gyro it is still vry difficult to fly (compared to DF) . now i will have to investigate the 3rd gyro mod

intrim- break outyour soldering iron, there is minimal electronics knowledge required as the guys from Germany have kindly posted very detailed instructions !
Old 04-05-2006, 06:15 AM
targit

Hi Hammer, I have been searching the German forum for info on the 3 gyro mod but I cannot find any detail, all I can decipher is that an eeprom may be involved, can you post a link to which forum contains the best info on this mod
Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Hammer_DE

Hi target,

the first mod is a little difficult at the first time, but a lot better then the mechgyro.
You are right the 2. Mod ist GREAT- i swear - better than flying my DF.

Please go back to the german x-ufo forum and send the User "Plottermeier" a PersonalMessage,
he give you all the instructions for the HH-Mod, that you need.
He speaks and write perfect english, not so like me

I can inform him also, that he come in this thread, ok?

Greetz
Hammer
Old 04-05-2006, 07:15 AM
targit

Hammer, I will do that, thanks very much for your help! I was begining to wonder I would using my xufo again, but now its in my workshop, and its less of a worry to work on than my expensive DF!
Old 05-26-2006, 02:35 PM
tend2it

Here's some x-ufo info that is buried in the other thread ... [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4307829[/link]

--Eric--
Old 05-26-2006, 07:06 PM
laceycopter

Well I have a UFO sitting in my closet collecting dust. I just read though ALL the posts and building that thing is beyond me... []
Guess I'll just wait for HammerDE and his group to finish there testing and buy one from them.
Hurry Up Hammer.... I want one!!!!
Lacey
Old 05-27-2006, 01:48 PM
tend2it

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

Well I have a UFO sitting in my closet collecting dust. I just read though ALL the posts and building that thing is beyond me... []
Guess I'll just wait for HammerDE and his group to finish there testing and buy one from them.
Hurry Up Hammer.... I want one!!!!
Lacey
I'm waiting for the official mod myself! ... I just couldn't stand the flip of death mech-gyro ... that two gyro mod gets rid of the flip problem and adds agility and speed ... but it is lacking a 3rd yaw gyro so yaw is continually in need of stick correction ... and the only way to get that additional mod is to send the gyroboard to Germany and have the eprom re-programmed by the mod's creator. HammerDE is lucky he is close to the creative action. That mod should hold me over till the other is available.

--Eric--
Old 05-28-2006, 12:07 PM
tend2it

Here's my latest landing gear riser ... Bug Mod ... [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?p=19135[/link]

--Eric--
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
tend2it

Following in the hammer_de tradition ... here is the latest piezo perfection looping footage from the developers from Germany. There is a second one further down the page over water. Enjoy!

[link]http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?&trurl=http://forum.xufo.net%2Fbb%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1551&lp=de_en[/link]

--Eric--
Old 06-02-2006, 09:42 AM
laceycopter

Awesome video tend2it,
Thanks for sharing, but those guys are NUTS puting a Lipo pack so close to the water...[X(]
I can't wait till the up grade board is available... keep us informed.
Happy Flyin
Lacey
Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 AM
TheHindmost

Excellent! Thanks for the posting; that was a lot of fun to watch. I can't wait for the board to be available, either! If I get my darn arm back before it's available (about two months from now), I might just have to try to build one from the plans...

Will
Old 06-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Sky High

Yes, that was some more incredible video, especially over the water! [sm=eek.gif] If the motor wire connections were to dip under the water 1/4" even for a second, wouldn't it short out? You shouldn't try that maneuver with the DF V when using Ti because it will more than likely take a dip. It wouldn't be a problem without Ti though. Mike at spectro told me about an incident he had with a swimming pool and the DF went for a swim when he tried it with Ti. He said the temperature of water somehow confuses the Ti sensors. I also really like how that guy climbed out toward that full size jet, what timing!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:11 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: Sky High

Yes, that was some more incredible video, especially over the water! [sm=eek.gif] If the motor wire connections were to dip under the water 1/4" even for a second, wouldn't it short out?
Sky,
We break in our motors by running them in water. I know this sounds stranger..But it's true.
Water will not short or hurt them, in fact it will increase performance.
Here is a link with some information on it. http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/...ge_stocker.asp
Now dipping a Lipo with a draw on it in water is just like shorting it...That is a BAD thing.
That is why I said those guys and NUTS!!! [X(]
In case you missed it last time I posted it, You really should see what a Lipo charged with unbalanced cells (over charged) looks like.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60570423705609
Lacey
Old 06-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Sky High

Now that is interesting. I believe I recall seeing either that or another similar article in the original DFI monster thread when some other guys were talking about using more powerful motors and someone talked about this method to increase power of their existing ones. Yes ma'am I have seen that and another video on the FMA website of a lipo swelling and bursting into flames. I have also see pictures on another board of someone's garage burned slap up because of lipo packs.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 PM
tend2it

Here is the latest vid from the german piezo developers ... damn, Silverlit should take heed ... this is the way it should have flown out of the box in the first place!!!

The 2nd black x-ufo is a cool custom brushless carbon fiber/aluminum work-in progress mod by mic

--Eric--[link]http://www.erop.de/ufo/piezo_in_perfektion_part_4.wmv[/link]
Old 06-14-2006, 06:35 PM
ElVela

[X(] That thing flies pretty fast!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Sky High

I agree that Silverlit should be concerned about this new independent design but the DF Ti Pro can do most everything that has been demonstrated in these videos except those incredible flips.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Hammer_DE

you are asolut right SkyHigh,

the only thing is - the new ufo is a bit cheaper and we have right now a tons of mods for this little flying toy.
Please have a look
We can do most of our mods also for the DF

Here are some Pics (CF-Frame Versions)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59601.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	477876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93115.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	477877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84396.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	477878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp40920.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	477879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qc38923.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	477880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iz38009.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	477881  
Old 06-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Sky High

Hammer, that is really cool looking. Is that a unibody airframe? If it is, that means an entire new one even if only one rotor arm cracks or completely breaks.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Hammer_DE

@SkyHigh

thx - this frame is in CF and there are 16 singleparts, so if you have a crash, you can change every part you need in a seperate way.
You can see better what i mean in this screenshot.

The canopy is in design now, it will be in 2 peaces.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25138.gif
Views:	18
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	477886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49929.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	477887  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.