Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS/Evolution 45gx2 loose bolts

Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS/Evolution 45gx2 loose bolts

Hello Pe,
I have a 9 month old 45gx2 that runs great and have had Zero problems. I do have a question about loose bolts and nuts. I have been using standart blue medium loctite. The muffler(wrap around) has two bolts that loosen after 3 or 4 flights using standard blue loctite. I found some high temp(450 degrees F') medium strenght blue. I applied it to the muffler bolts and the two ignition bolts. I do not use RED loctite. I read the forum often and I am glad you help Evolution owners as well as MVVS. I spent a week in the Netherlands and everyone seem to be nice like you. What do you think about using Loctite. I am going to let the new loctite setup for a couple of days before flying again. This is my first gas(Hangar9 Cap232) and the Evolution/MVVS 45gx2 engine matches perfect. Thanks again for all the help for Evolution owners.

George G. Royal
Atlanta, GA USA
Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS/Evolution 45gx2 loose bolts

I do not use any locktite un mufflers. I also do not use gaskets, but make a metal to metal contact that does not relax with heat. The gasket tends to compress with heat and the bolts will loosen. You also need to put a stay from the loose muffler end back to the engine, so all vibrations will be eliminated.
My personal views on exhaust restrictors:
Wraparound mufflers seem to be a necessary evil. I consider them a general PITA. Every two stroke will be glad without them.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:58 AM
My Feedback: (8)

I have had to resort to safety wiring the mufflers on with spacers for longer bolts. Works like a charm.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (8)

I used spacers and longer bolts (to bring the head of the bolt out and keep the bolts from moving side to side) and safety wired them together.. VOILA has not loosened any whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A cure for a pesky issue!

My last response to this topic was deleted, I quote here, Responses not from manufacturer representative are not allowed
in some of the support forums.
I hope this one is left for education and knowledge..