Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Brazing SS header

Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brazing SS header

I need to braze the sections of my header together and was wondering what rod works the best. I have to do this on the plane so if someone can give me a little heads up it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Adam
Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Brazing SS header

Adam

I would not do it on the plane if I was you, try putting it all together and wick in a little CA to hold it all in place whilst you remove it carefully, then Mig weld it, you could do one joint at a time, spot the weld on then check the position hasn't moved, this is my thoughts after getting it wrong myself, good luck.

Mike can't braze for toffee.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Mike. I tacked it with a Mig and put a hole in the pipe. No hole in the head pipe. Ended up Tig welding it.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your Mig welding sounds like my Silver Soldering, I can Mig anything but Silver Solder not a chance, perhaps I ought to do your Mig welding and we ought to get Pe to do all the silver soldering we need. As long as it came out alright in the end that's what counts, have you run it yet?

Mike