Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

EASY START programming for Ignition of MVVS 58

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Prapan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EASY START programming for Ignition of MVVS 58

Hi all,

Need your help. I got MVVS58 and ignition module S-Standard. I read the instruction manual for EASY START function and preignition curve. I do not understand what is the purpose of this function? Can I use Ignition MVVS 58 as a normal like for DA-50 or 3W. That is just plug power supply 7.4 volts 2600 mAh LI-ON and sensor and LED per instruction but do not do EASY START FUNCTION. What I have to be careful if I do not use EASY START function. Right now I installed CHOKE SERVO to OPEN and CLOSE the choke valve and commanded by RADIO GEAR FUNCTION.

Please advise.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: EASY START programming for Ignition of MVVS 58

The easy start function is used to connect the choke servo into the ignition unit, servo connects into the left lower end of the unit, the outside connection is the negative. The choke will go to closed when you switch on and stay there for four revolutions of the prop, then open for four revolutions, and then close again untill the engine starts, you will have to programme the ignition curve according to what silencer you are using by connecting the throttle servo output from your Rx into the ignition unit with the supplied black and yellow cable lead into the right lower connection of the unit, yellow lead to the outside, then follow the instructions for your prefered silencer to get the right ingnition curve. The programming sequance is also for the ignition unit to learn the position of closed and open choke and therefore not stall the servo, after you have done this the LED will flash either in long intervals for the long silencer or short intervals for the short silencer, then take off the programming lead and attach the throttle servo as normal and set your end points.

Because of the way Walboro carbs work the last third of the throttle movement does not do a lot, so put in some expo or mechanically reduce the first movements of the servo arm by having the arm horizontal, in line with the push rod to reduce the amount of throw for a given command, that way you get small movement for the first third of the servo and increasing movement over the last two thirds. hope that is clear.

Hope this helps.
Mike
Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: EASY START programming for Ignition of MVVS 58

Prapan,
If you do nothing, and operate the choke like you do, the ignition will work fine. You then just do not use the extra functions that are available.
Tuning the ignition curve and adapt it to your silencer may improve/change midrange response, but has nothing to do with idle and/or full power.