Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

A123 for 26GT2 Ignition Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A123 for 26GT2 Ignition Battery?

I just picked up a slightly used evo 26GT2 and was wondering if I can use A123 battery to power the ignition module of it.

6.6 volts in 1100 and 2300 mah. I would like to go with the 1100 size. The 26gx manual says that 6.5 volts is the minimum so it looks like its cutting it really close.

http://www.sincityjets.com/store-batteries.htm

Thanks in advance
Rob
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: A123 for 26GT2 Ignition Battery?

The nice thing about the A123's is that fully charged they come in at about 7.5 volts and only go to 6.6 volts for most of their capacity after about 10% discharge, they then stay at 6.6volts under load for the rest of their capacity, so I think it should work OK.

Mike
Old 06-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help Baldeagle, at least you responded. I have been looking all over trying to figure out if they will work and I only found 1 thread that had useful info. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4660248/tm.htm
Going off that it doesnt sound like A123 are the way to go even though they would stay above the listed min volts of 6.5. I am pretty disapointed at the lack of offical response on the matter. Esp since the mods responded to the thread I linked so they had knowledge of them potentialy not working after someone responded to my question thinking they would. I understand the mods are volunteering their time but this is a very popular battery type and IMO it would benefit them if there ignition system supports it, and if it does that people know it does. I also understand that I have an evo and this is the MVVS support thread but since evos are mvvs its still a unit sold for mvvs regardless, and lets be honest it would of been very easy for me to say I had an mvvs instead of telling the truth and saying I had the evo. O well thanks anyway I will look elsewhere for help on this engine from now on, if I even keep it at all now.[:@]
Old 07-02-2008, 12:28 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Deathbunny

Evo is an engine made in Spain and not the MVVS cloned Evolution, not trying to be perdantic but you never know the moderators may have got the wrong end of your question.

Mike