Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS .91 for MK Silent Pattern?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:35 PM
vskiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS .91 for MK Silent Pattern?

I have been posting on the classic pattern forum and am about to build a MK Silent ST patternship.
I was looking at options of 2 stroke high revving rear exhaust, came up with MVVS ands JETT.
The wing span is 69 inches, will the .91 be able to pull this plane in a ballistic pattern style of flying? Or will it be underpowered.
The Recommendation is a 1.20 4 stroke on the Kit.
Cheers Greg
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS .91 for MK Silent Pattern?

Greg,

The MVVS .91 engine is designed for low-mid RPM, in the interest of keeping low noise and flying sites...

It has a 15 mm diameter crankshaft (like most .40-.55 engines), with a rather narrow gas-passage and also rather narrow bypasses.
It is designed to be at its best, in its rear-exhaust guise; when installed with an extended tuned-pipe, on a 14x8 prop, just over 10K (below 11K static).

As it is, it will not support the type of RPM the Jett .90L BSE FIRE engine is capable of on smaller props;[link=http://www.jettengineering.com/engines/bseF100.html]see here[/link].
...Not even with extensive internal grinding and reworking.

If you're seeking 14-16K on 10"-12" props, please seek a Jett.