Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Dynam Smart Nose Gear

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Dynam Smart Nose Gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 09:58 AM
rctrost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynam Smart Nose Gear

Quite pleased with my Dynam Smart with one exception. The nose gear is completely rigid with no spring. In an ... ahem ... less than perfect nose wheel first landing the plastic mount plate tore out of the fuselage. It actually had very little glue but even so, after re-gluing with epoxy I feel that it's only a matter of time until it tears out again. Sure would be nice if the plane was supplied with a coiled nose gear wire as used to be standard practice. I would bend up one myself but the wire is metric and near impossible to get here in the US. 1/8" music wire comes close but is a loose fit in the carrier. Any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2014, 03:50 AM
stu48

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a piece of brass or aluminum tubing as a bushing for the 1/8" wire. You might have to slightly enlarge the bracket holes. It wouldn't be very much.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:57 AM
rctrost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by stu48
Try a piece of brass or aluminum tubing as a bushing for the 1/8" wire. You might have to slightly enlarge the bracket holes. It wouldn't be very much.
Sounds like that would work if there is still enough meat left in the carrier for the set screw. Since the diameter was so close I used 1/8" music wire without shim which seems to be doing the trick. I also cut a plywood plate to fit inside the fuse' over the nose wheel bearing and ran screws from the corners of the bearing plate into the ply. Made sort of a sandwich which should help with the plate tearing out. Either that or it will break out the entire bottom LOL. The plane itself has become one of my favorites.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:25 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make it a taildragger, no more issues!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0951.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	2028923