Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Outragous Shipping and Handling Rates

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Outragous Shipping and Handling Rates

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Outragous Shipping and Handling Rates

Youngun

Which competitor do you work for?

You periodically bring this up. By your own posts and strange logic, that makes you a "mole" for someone else.

Let's examine your rather outlandish claims for a moment SHALL WE?

There is MERELY a $5.00 difference in the purchase price of the plane between the two companies. WOW how OUTRAGEOUS! ( NOT )

Now apply the coupons, e-mail offers, etc. and Nitroplanes is CHEAPER by more than $10.00

WOW what an amazing difference in price that they are "gouging" you with. A net SAVINGS over AK-Models!

I guess you didn't sign up for the e-mail offers nor noticed the discount offers here right?

Huh? Youngun insists that it's a 16.00+ shipping price difference in favor of AK-Models and that NP is "ripping him off" by this $16.00 amount... now how is that?

Well he also doesn't quite take into account that on company is shipping from the west coast and the other from the middle of the country. I guess he knows little about carriers and hub pricing.

He is also not taking into account the pricing difference between the carriers that are used.

Fancy that!.

So as your "Younggun", moniker suggests, you are full of hot air with these posts and attacks which you are so fond of doing in these forums.

Of particular note is that Younggun does this periodically w/o any real cause to complain.

Pay no heed to such baseless rants.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 PM
opjose

And in the sense of "fairness" here is a responding post from another thread Younggun was active in and posted exactly the same thing...

Evil: ( and Younggun )

Facts often get in the way of good arguments don't they?

I did the same comparison you did using the CMP P-40 140. Shipping costs to me:

AK Models, FedEx Ground $40.92

Nitromodels, UPS Ground $17.08

AK Models is RIPPING ME OFF!.. or is FedEx ripping me off? SOMEBODY must be ripping me off!

Jim
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 AM
youngun

One purpose of any "over priced shipping" or "price gouging" thread is usually to make others aware of the activity so that they can avoid being over charged.

There is a couple of old sayings that goes something like "A fool and his money are soon parted" and "fore warned is fore armed".

All it takes is a few clicks of the mouse for anyone to check these things out for them self.

So .... Check it out for yourself. It could save you some of your hard earned money.
Being fore warned; Then, vote with your wallet.

After all, It is your money ... at least UNTIL THEY GET IT.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: youngun

Unfortunately you are the one who doesn't seem to get it.

Others have done exactly as you've said and actually compared the shipping prices.

Unlike you they actually have purchased and shipped things from Nitroplanes, where as your claims are baseless fantasies.

I quoted one example that was posted by someone else as a direct answer to your and Evil_Merlins rather slanderous sounding claims.

They also alluded that real "facts" seem to be getting in the way of your arguements, in that you always overlook them when it's convenient for you.

Again quoting Jim's reply to you:
---------

Facts often get in the way of good arguments don't they?

I did the same comparison you did using the CMP P-40 140. Shipping costs to me:

AK Models, FedEx Ground $40.92

Nitromodels, UPS Ground $17.08

AK Models is RIPPING ME OFF!.. or is FedEx ripping me off? SOMEBODY must be ripping me off!

Jim

---

Fancy that! Nitroplanes has the CHEAPEST shipping rates to him.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Major Pain

I ordered a 50 size Pitts Special from AK models 2 weeks ago and shipping to me in Tenn. was 17 and some change on FedX ground.-------Revver Bro#164
Old 08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
opjose

Given that you are in Tennessee and AK-Models is well in Arkansas, that stands to reason... but the post misses the point altogether.

Younggun was complaining about shipping rates when all he really did was make irrational claims.

He was comparing AK's shipping to NP. One ships from the west coast, the other from practically the middle of the U.S. so prices to him on the east coast will be affected accordingly. Each time this has been pointed out, it's been purposely overlooked by him.

An example by another purchaser was given, comparing pricing from both AK and NP to them, and AK's is indeed more expensive for Jim.

Jim lives closer to Nitroplanes than he is to AK-Models.

He utilized the same logic Younggun and his co-hort Evil Merlin ( both very apt monikers ) based their claims upon to come up with his purposely outlandish retort. This was done to show the fallacy of Younggun's posts.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM
VFR_RC

ak models is in iowa.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
opjose

Corrected!

Even better though. What was mentioned applies all the same.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
mitchmcf

I just orderd a 50cc Yak from NM and it cost me 58$ for shipping and the same size plane from TBM was 89.95$ so I do not see how NM is ripping ppl off .
Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 AM
youngun

ORIGINAL: youngun

One purpose of any "over priced shipping" or "price gouging" thread is usually to make others aware of the activity so that they can avoid being over charged.

There is a couple of old sayings that goes something like "A fool and his money are soon parted" and "fore warned is fore armed".

All it takes is a few clicks of the mouse for anyone to check these things out for them self.

So .... Check it out for yourself. It could save you some of your hard earned money.
Being fore warned; Then, vote with your wallet.

Remember ...... The quote above applies to ANY seller. Not just any one dealer.
No amount of rhetoric justifies "overcharging" and/or "price gouging". That's why the U.S. government passed a law (saw this on c-span just a couple of months ago) making it illegal for gasoline sellers to do this. They are now subject to federal prosecution for "price gouging" when caught. Gasoline prices have come down a very small amount since this law came into being.

Truth is a powerful tool against this type of activity and that's why those taking part in it oppose the truth and anything that shines a light on their deeds.

That's why I have suggested that people need to - check it out for yourself and check several sellers prices and any feedback you can find about any you might consider doing business with. (also remember that some "feedback" may well be a seller trying to appear as a buyer and giving a 'not-so-truthful' report) Checking things for yourself does away with anyones claims for or against. It's just the cold hard numbers of the bottom line then.

After doing this - if you still get "taken" - please take the time to report it on the forums so that others may be helped and not fall victim to a scam.

Best of Luck to all you buyers out there. You need it in todays world.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
opjose

Well there you go again spreading mis-informational implications and slanderous accusations.

Even after it was PROVEN that you had no idea as to what you are talking about, you continue alone the same vein, with the very same implications.

Your posts have been specious, uninformed, and fail to state anything truthfully, rather you are taking your OWN hearsay and expousing that as gospel. While you really know nothing about "shipping charges".

If people WOULD check it out, and check out your accusations they would find them wrong, as others HAVE done and posted here.

It's funny that only you and one other person are so vehement, and at the same time point everyone to one particular vendor.

By your own logic, you must be a shill for that vendor.

By your own words "also remember that some "feedback" may well be a seller trying to appear as a buyer and giving a 'not-so-truthful' report".

Now what is the definition for "not-so-truthful"?