Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Great Support from NitroPlanes!!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Great Support from NitroPlanes!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great Support from NitroPlanes!!

Hi,

Many people are all to happy to post bad news about a manufacturer, supplier, or whatever, but not so quick to post their good experiences. That is a shame, and that is why I am posting this info...

I have had really great experience with Nitro Planes support. I have been buying their planes for 2 or 3 years I believe it is now, and have had very good support. The planes are well built in my experience, very nicely priced, and when a problem has cropped up they have helped me out tremendously.

I would like to thank John specifically, and recommend that if you have a problem, contact him.

Thank you Nitro Planes!!

AV8TOR
Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Support from NitroPlanes!!

I agree.

Any time I've had a problem, John has been there to take care of it.

As a result I've purchased well over 24+ planes from them, and I've been able to afford to have more planes than I would have otherwise from the "other" manufacturers.

Newbies note:

NP is NOT in the business of helping you put your planes together. You can save a bundle buying planes from them, but be ready to ask for help from a more experienced club flyer if you run into difficulties.

As with most Asian ARF's, if you crash the plane, you'll be buying a new airframe, as part of what keeps the pricing so low is NOT having a large inventory of spare ( and usually unsellable ) parts on hand.

Repairing these ARF's will however give you the skills you need to keep going in this hobby.

----

If you have a damage or shipping problem, contact John here, and remember that it may take a couple of days for him to get to his messages.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:27 PM
outdoorhunting

Ditto on NP. I've had a couple of their planes. They are very well built for the price. I've not had a problem with them, but from what I've seen on this forum John seems to go WAY overboard trying to take care of problems. The worst ones that I've seen were trying to give NP the shaft claiming this & that. This day and age when you buy something for a reasonable price & the company does all that I've seen John do, I think that's Proof that the company is fair. I will buy my next ARF from NP & not hesitate to recommend them to my buddies. The fact that they have this forum kind of says it all.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The customer that has a problem is the loudest. I for one have ordered from Nitro Planes and had no damaged or missing parts to complain about. My order shipped on a timely manner for a shipping rate that was specifide before I commited to purchace (read as you can't B(^@# when the shipping is stated before the sale).
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM
corn2990

> NP is NOT in the business of helping you put your planes together.

That's NOT what we're looking for. I just bought their F20 EDF and there's no technical data provided. Newbie or expert, if one buys a kit, how is one supposed to know what DF the plane is rated for? Or max takeoff weight? That corresponds not only to engine selection but battery pack selection too... and so on and so on. I'm not the original model builder... am I supposed to just guess and hope for a successful first flight? Is that what their great prices buy customers? The "chance" at getting their model airborne if the customer guesses the tech data correctly?

A minimum of communication would be nice but there are far too many people on this board who aren't receiving it from nitroplanes. Again, I'm not looking for NP to breast feed me. But is it really too much to ask for instructions, which is more than 1 page and has graphics which aren't washed out from all the xeroxing over and over again, or sending more than a pre-canned email to customer's questions with a telephone number which is never available? Seriously?

If I'm way off base here, let me know so I can manage my expectations and temper my enthusiasm.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 AM
outdoorhunting

As I stated earier, I've had a couple of NP ARFs & haven't had any problems. However, their instructions could be, oh, let's say, about 200% better. I've built a few kits & quite a few ARFs. Just about ALL of the cheaper ones instructions are practically nonexistant. I agree with corn2990, at the very least, let's have clear, readable , ( MAYBE IN ENGLISH) with the specs. for that particular plane. I think if ALL of us would take the time & email the sellers, we might get something done !!! If all of a sudden they would get a few thousand emails, I think they just might improve !!!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:40 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: corn2990

> NP is NOT in the business of helping you put your planes together.

That's NOT what we're looking for. I just bought their F20 EDF and there's no technical data provided. Newbie or expert, if one buys a kit, how is one supposed to know what DF the plane is rated for? Or max takeoff weight? That corresponds not only to engine selection but battery pack selection too... and so on and so on. I'm not the original model builder... am I supposed to just guess and hope for a successful first flight? Is that what their great prices buy customers? The "chance" at getting their model airborne if the customer guesses the tech data correctly?

In a manner of speaking, you are asking for help putting your plane together... Which DF you use is up to you... etc.

There is a thread in the support forum where someone asked a similiar question, and someone chimed in who had the same plane ( purchased from another vendor ). He gave suggestions for the power system.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 PM
corn2990

In a manner of speaking, you are asking for help putting your plane together... Which DF you use is up to you... etc.
What a crock... there are a wide range of DFs out there... customers cannot just throw any ol thing in the plane... they need to have a setup which lets the plane perform as designed!

You need to read posts more carefully... I NEVER once asked a question like, "how do I install the engine?" Such question would be asking NP to build my plane for me. Please go back and read my original reply asked for specifications, NOT a how to.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 AM
opjose

Please go back and read my original reply asked for specifications, NOT a how to.
Weight the plane, as it comes, then determine what you want to do with it in terms of power.

What's the problem?

You can also reference the other thread about what others have done.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
corn2990

You can also reference the other thread about what others have done.
What thread are you referring to? From this URL, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/search.asp?appid= I tried to search with the following strings:

Nitroplanes F-20 tigershark
F-20 tigershark
F-20
F20
tigershark

and all those queries provide 500 records returned... across all kinds of topics. For example, a thread about a F14 is returned by the "F-20 tigershark" query.

So, please explain for the forum how when a customer balks at browsing over 2,500 search results, many which are false hits, suddenly becomes "you're expecting NP to build your plane for you". It's a freaking ARF. I cannot believe you're arguing with folks about this! People (not just me) are spending more time looking for answers instead of flying. Unless you're a shill for NP, it's amazing you don't see a problem with that!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
outdoorhunting

ARF- ALMOST READY TO FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it, ALMOST !!!Some people have to be led by the hand others don't. Some people build kits, others don't, some like ARFS, some don't, some people have a problem & jump in & fix it, some people have a problem & whine like a baby. If I didn't like the way somebody was running their business, I would NOT BUY ANYTHING from them & go on. Why keep harping on it ? Why don't you guys cool it & stop taking up space whinning & let the people with real problems use this thread !!!!!!!!!! It seems about all good threads get ruined by 1 or 2 people that are more interested in " proving their point" than getting anything solved !!!!! Why don't the Moderators check out stuff like this & when someone keeps repeating themselves, just take their stuff off the thread !!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
opjose

So, please explain for the forum how when a customer balks at browsing over 2,500 search results, many which are false hits, suddenly becomes "you're expecting NP to build your plane for you". It's a freaking ARF.
Sheez!

What's the problem?

Weight the plane, measure the available space for the DF and figure out what you want to do powerwise.

Many ARF's come with nothing more than a single blueprint type sheet and it's up to the person putting things together to deal with everything.

You want a step-by-step. I'd advise you to start reading these forums, and maybe build some more ARF's which do provide step by step instructions, first. These planes are not for people who have not put a few similiar planes first.

As far as your 2500 "hits", try adjusting your search parameters. e.g. only to include THIS or the EDF forum.

A 20 second search turned up this...

F-20 Tigershark

Specifications:

Wing Span: 800 mm (31.5" )
Length: 1158 mm (45.6" )
Flying Weight: 0.86 - 1.1 kg (30.5 - 38.6 oz )
Radio: Elevators.
Ailerons.
Rudders (optional ).
Motor speed controller: 60 Amp Controller.
Motor EDF 6904 or Wemotec Mini Fan
Mega 16/15/2, or 3 or 4, or 16/25/4
Typhoon EDF motors 2W or 2W-20

The F-20 Tigershark is a single-seat high-performance fighter plane. This sleek looking semi-scale jet powered by a 480 minifan is very fast, it has excellent stability and tracks like on rails. Loops and snap rolls are easily obtained with adequate entry speeds.

The construction is very easily so there is not much experience needed. This in not a plane for beginners, and you should have some experience with putting together ARF's.

Although this F-20 Tigershark is a stable airplane, it is not a trainer or first EDF airplane. This airplane is capable of very high speeds.

Features:
- Lite-Ply and balsa fuselage
- Fiberglass nose, tail and turtle deck
- Balsa covered foam wings
- All parts laser cut
- Clear canopy
- Decal set

Old 07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Point, set, match to opjose.

Me I'm very appreciative with N/P and John's help any time I've had a problem.
Broken or missing parts........it was handled at no cost to me.

I'm with the others, these are not first timer kits, and yep the directions leave a little to be desired. But the kit's themselves are great for money.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
outdoorhunting

Glacier Girl-Very well put ! "Enough said !!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Keefer
My Feedback: (2)

How do I get in touch with this John guy? Does he have a phone number?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
nitrostaff1

You can PM me.

John
Nitro Planes
ORIGINAL: Keefer

How do I get in touch with this John guy? Does he have a phone number?