Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Type of glue for ARF???

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Type of glue for ARF???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Ezbagr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type of glue for ARF???

I am going to start building a Thunder Tiger Trainer 40 and this is my first build of any kind. Reading thru the manual they list that I should have 4 different kinds of glue them
being 5 minute epoxy-30 minute epoxy-thin instant adhesive and medium instant adhesive. I am wondering if I really need all 4 or if just 1 or 2 of them will do. I am not trying to
cut corners so if I need them I will get them. If I do need all 4 what brands should I look for at the LHS. Does anyone out there use any Gorilla glue?
Thanks for any tips and info.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Type of glue for ARF???

EZ, There are a lot of diff types and brands of CA (crazy glue) out there and each builder has his own pref. I like the Balsa USA Gold and use Zap a lot as well. I mostly use a thin for most of it and another bottle of the thick that will give you time to place and adj before it fires. One must is a 30 Min. two part epoxy for like your wing halves and stabs. I don't use any of the 5 min. stuff because I believe it don't have time to soak in before it cures. Good luck on this and let us know how it went.

Hooker53