Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Problem Shipping to Canada

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Problem Shipping to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
gmutter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Shipping to Canada

I have sent an email to support at nitroplanes.com requesting that my two orders be cancelled due to shipping problems. However, I have not had a reply so I wanted to post here to make sure they get my request.
The 2 orders are:
SU-26 50CC - 97.5" Giant Scale Nitro Gas Aerobatic RC Airplane ARF - NitroPlane order Number yhst-17210252890263-54148
Yak 54 50CC - 2.2M Giant Scale Radio remote controlled Nitro gas Plane ARF (Red) - NitroPlane order number yhst-17210252890263-54146

Basically, I have been told that my orders are too big to ship out to Canada. UPS wants more extra fees to deliver to Canada than the original shipping costs. Also, UPS charges a shipping fee that is unusually higher than it should be.
Please offer some other courier besides UPS and end their monopoly. I have yet to come across companies in the US that use anyone other than UPS so we have no choice.
I have been buying hobby stuff from the US for 30 years or more. UPS has gotten out of control. Like I always say - because we are in the "Great White North" does UPS have to send a sled team to the border to pick up my order and bring it another 100 miles? I think we all know the answer to that. UPS has the same trucks in the US as they do in Canada. This problem seemed to get a lot worse when the Canadian dollar was at par with the US dollar. It seems that UPS wants us Canadians to pay the same rate anyway so they add it to their fees.

Here is an example of what I am saying. Note that this is not something from nitroplanes.
My total order including freight from the US was $290.82. When UPS delivered it to the door, they wanted an additional $84.27 for import charges. The box they delivered was about 20 inches long and 10 inches high.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 PM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Problem Shipping to Canada

I was charged $180 for shipping of my CMPro C182. It was sent FEDEX and took 3 weeks! I can order 5 arfs from Omni Model in the USA and all I pay is a flate fee of $30 for the lot sent airmail. So I don't understand the shipping costs! I just found a store in Richmond BC who sell CMP planes so I will probably order from them next time. http://www.jet-hobbies.com/jh/index....blic&task=home
Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
nitrostaff1

I'm sorry there isn't a better company that handle shipping to canada. USPS is the best but they have limited size restrictions. USPS doesn't charge broker fees.

Are you cost to the border? we have customer ship to shipping drop off centers near the border and they drive across to pickup.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
gmutter

I'm sorry call it what you want but when you get extra fees at the door way way way above taxes I would call at brokerage fees
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
gmutter

I called Road Apples try Fedx
Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
gmutter

IM story I didn't mean to be an ace hole just frustrated you guys are great.