Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

guns and laws

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
DeferredDefect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: guns and laws

Wait - was my country just called "not free"?
We have just as many freedoms and some! Freedom for government, for instance, where any party can run for the leaders of our country. In the US, presidency is democratic or republican.

We are also independent from England. - fully so since 1967. Ties are only for traditional purposes. 

WE, inluding many other nations are free - not just the US and fool yourselves into believing it!

And what does this have to do with gun laws? [X(]

(By the way - guns and war are NOT the solutions!)
Old 10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

OK, so come up with a solution.

Go over to Iran and Palestine to tell them that.

Rather than telling us what's WRONG why don't you tell us what is RIGHT?

Seriously, why don't you stop complaining about how something is handled if you aren't going to offer a DIFFERENT method?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
DeferredDefect

Okay, whats right: Peace talks, treaties, co-operation, most importantly ACCEPTANCE. This is where no one agrees, steriotypes, racism, money, fear and lack of understanding ruins everything. People CAN learn to work together, and should. If not, we can't call ourselves civilised at all!

People are being brought up with war, guns, and outdated concepts from birth, whether they like it or not. Morally, we all know it is wrong, but we are told otherwise, or accused of being "unpatriotic" or even rounded up and put in camps during times of war. Even in North America, citizens of German and Japanese decent were kept under watch or locked up. After the Second World War, anyone with Russian background was accused of being a communist, which is both steriotyping and hypocritical, as, apparently, the US is a free country. (But not for people accused of being "suspected sympathisers")

These concepts are passed down to the next generation, with the victims of the previous wars, running the country. It just doesn't stop!

If we looked at war in general, like we do the Nazi's of WWII, we would be unlikely to be willing to accept another armed conflict. Unfortunatly, all we hear of is the flag waving, action and violence, as if it was a TV special. The winners dictate what we hear, and what we wan't future generations to hear. To them, it's all victory, glamour, and patriotism, as nowdays, war victories are treated like hockey games that we had won, not a horrible snippet of the history of humanity.

Graeme

Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Hahahahahhahahahahaha

That's cute. You must have just entered your Sophomore year at at college getting your degree in Liberal Arts talking like that.

You realized you just said "Communism would work if people would just let it work!" right?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:55 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never had a firearm in the house. One evening I got a telephone call from the neighbor that there was someone on a porch roof apparently trying to get in. Without a gun, I got the youth down from the roof and had him very afraid. Not because I was a whole 5' 7", muscular 180 lbs. It might have been the 3 lobe broadhead hunting arrow pointing at him in a fully drawn 60" 48 lb wood recurve bow I was holding. He was a brother of my tennant.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
DeferredDefect

Thunda'bird

Can you come up with a better (non violent) solution?

Good luck there...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM
cumquat

ok, im getting sick of all the war talk. lets stop all the politics before this thread gets closed.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, this is getting too political. Tone it down or the thread is gone.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

Thunda'bird

Good luck there...

make them watch hanna montanna, however its sort of a cruel and unusual punishment.

just a question- how much does a good working revolver cost today? im going to buy one when i turn 21.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Thunda'bird

Good luck there...

make them watch hanna montanna, however its sort of a cruel and unusual punishment.

just a question- how much does a good working revolver cost today? im going to buy one when i turn 21.
i'd guess in the area of $500
Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
[email protected]

was at a gun show and at one table dude was selling Osprey scopes look real nice and would be a nice fit to my ar-15. never heard of them tho so did not want to make a dumb buy. checked online and they get good reviews. I guess need to go to the next gun show.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Thunda'bird

Good luck there...

ThunderbirdJunkie isn't the one complaining about how guns cause wars. You are. Therefore you should offer up a solution

Just saying
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

WOW...Lot's of responses in a very short time....
you can thank the double/triple post guy...he's awsome!

My wife has a bigger gun than you.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Dr_Chuckie

A rather unusual topic for this site, but:

1909 Argentine Mauser rifle which has been rebarreled for 30-06, Ruger mini-14, Marlin bolt action .22 LR, Mossburg 12 GA pump action, Ruger Mark I with bull barrel, S&W .38, Colt Kig Cobra .357 mag, first generation S&W .45 ACP and a Walther PPK/s .380. Don't shoot as much as I use to. Now spending more time/money flying RC.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:25 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Yeah, this is getting too political. Tone it down or the thread is gone.
Come on guys, calm down like Sheo ask you to!

If you keep this up this thread will get lock.

So cool down, and try just keep the name calling, and politics out of it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM
DeferredDefect

Thunderbird- I wrote a solution above, you laughed, so I assume you don't want one. It's phychological, but It would work. I still am waiting for your idea for a peaceful solution. You don't have an answer, and obviously don't want one.Keep your guns but don't be suprised when US crime rates keep climbing...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:07 PM
cumquat

Thunderbird- I wrote a solution above, you laughed, so I assume you don't want one. It's phychological, but It would work. I still am waiting for your idea for a peaceful solution. You don't have an answer, and obviously don't want one.Keep your guns but don't be suprised when US crime rates keep climbing...
ok, im tired of you. please leave this thread.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
warheadforever

Keep your guns but don't be suprised when US crime rates keep climbing...
You just don't get it. LOL

But hey what ever, just don't be surprised when you see the really numbers.
99% of statics can be made to say any thing 100% of the time one of my good friends is a cop.
When the Concealed weapons permits were O.K. he say a drastic decline in violent crime.

All of the media said "Oh, it well be like giving nukes to wackos" But they never said a word when the crime rate went down.

So, once again, I will ask, where are you getting you information?
From what someone told you, or have you looked it up yourself?

Also, please every one calm down some.

Surly, two different kinds of people, with two different opinions, can have a civilized debate.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

You can't even spell psychological, how are we supposed to take you seriously?

Yes, ThunderbirdJunkie laughed.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
corsair183
My Feedback: (6)

A few words to encourage the just, inspire the noble and enlighten the ignorant, and the foolish...

"The strongest reason...to retain the right to keep and bear arms is to protect against tyranny in government." T. Jefferson.

"An armed society is a polite society." Machievelli

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force you are ruined." Patrick Henry

" I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people...To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them." George Mason.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are niether inclined nor determined to commit crimes." Cesare Baccaria

"To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, expecially when young, how to use them..." Richard Lee

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." Daniel Webster

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence- it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master..." G. Washington

WHEN THEY COME FOR YOUR GUNS BE SURE AND GIVE THEM THE AMMO FIRST!!!!!!

John Zimmerman
Old 10-05-2010, 02:22 PM
DeferredDefect

Sorry, but it's hard to use this site on a phone. I made a grammatical error once, so I can't be taken seriously? Most people here don't even capitalise or use punctuation. I never said anything offensive either. I asked for another solution to a problem, and was told to leave. Statements from hundreds of years ago do not suffice as evidence for guns. It is outdated. At the time, need for guns might have been justified. Not today. Apparently, I have to leave. Good luck with a one sided debate. Sorry, but when I try to keep it civilised, but the response is "troll" and related, it gets really discouraging. Not to mention I am one Anti-gunner vs. RCU. Bit hard, that...
Old 10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
buggyboy2010

You can't tell one to leave just because You are on/agree one side..Kinda double standards there..He's not the only person.. all persons who keep dragging and wanting the last word, Should just shut up OR leave

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ok, im tired of you. please leave this thread.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Can you girls get back on topic? Was good one until the "I got sand in my panties" fight started.

I say make it harder to get hand guns. Deeper background checks and longer holding periods.

AND STOP SELLING HANDGUNS IN PAWN SHOPS!!! [:@]

Old 10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
buggyboy2010

Really? Was that necessary?

ORIGINAL: xDIRTYSOUTHx

"damn canucks.."

Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets face it guns don't kill people. Its the person holding the gun that kills people.
Guns didn't exist till relatively recently in human history, and humans have always done a damn good job of killing each other in the past prior to the guns creation.
Take them away people will just start using knives, take those away pointy sticks, take those blunt objects, and it will continue down to bare hands.

Some people also don't look at the other issue most crimes I see on TV are performed with illegally gained weapons that are not registered. Most people won't go murder someone with a weapon that can be traced back to them unless they are completely cracked in the 1st place, but at that point they will find some way to kill if they so feel the need.

Thats just how I feel. I don't own a gun personally, but I've known people that do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.