Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Eletronic cigarettes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eletronic cigarettes

I quit smoking 6 months ago with the help of an [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette]electronic cigarette[/link]. It was the first product that I felt could really work for me and so far so good. It took me only three days to to get used to it and stop smoking analogs alltogether. Like I posted in the fog machines thread, check out this vid for more info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWuMd5RCjI.

Anyone else ever tried one? Anyone else have success with them? I honestly dont think I could have made it without the help of the people on the ECF forum with info and just plain moral support.

Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eletronic cigarettes

im sure smoking that is still not good for you but its 100000X better than smoking cigarettes.

i think more than nicotine addiction its more of a habit, cigarettes are easy to buy, easy to lite and are a quick fix, and if its something that gives you comfort your going to keep smoking them.

since you have something that gives you the same satisfaction of having that electro cig in your lips, inhale and slowly exale, you break the addiction, with another much less harmfull habit.

there are a few factors why cigarettes are addictive, nicotine is like caffeine (which we know is addictive) all the chemical additives they use today (reason why new smokers die so young) and i also believe its unintentional breathing therapy that calms you down.

i smoke hookah now, and i am not addicted, probably because it takes forever to set it up, it also has no tar or chemicals, just honey and tobacco, ive had it for 3weeks and smoked it 3 times. however first sign of any coughing or other issues, its going in the trash.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:16 PM
warheadforever

Man, I wish my dad would stop smoking, it makes my nose burn, and my lungs feel like they are on fire. I bought him one of those, but he came up with like 10 different excuses not to use it. From it gives him a headache, to it makes him throw-up. [:@][:'(]
Old 01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Ehh my madre has one and she doesnt use it. I took a hit off it once and it didnt really do anything..... but blow smoke.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said in the other thread... its like smoking an unlit cigarette that tastes like crap. I'll stick to my Camels.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

im sure smoking that is still not good for you but its 100000X better than smoking cigarettes.

i think more than nicotine addiction its more of a habit, cigarettes are easy to buy, easy to lite and are a quick fix, and if its something that gives you comfort your going to keep smoking them.

since you have something that gives you the same satisfaction of having that electro cig in your lips, inhale and slowly exale, you break the addiction, with another much less harmfull habit.

there are a few factors why cigarettes are addictive, nicotine is like caffeine (which we know is addictive) all the chemical additives they use today (reason why new smokers die so young) and i also believe its unintentional breathing therapy that calms you down.

i smoke hookah now, and i am not addicted, probably because it takes forever to set it up, it also has no tar or chemicals, just honey and tobacco, ive had it for 3weeks and smoked it 3 times. however first sign of any coughing or other issues, its going in the trash.

Exactly 100% right! Its not good for you but much better than inhaling chemical covered burning tobacco leaves. No second hand smoke, no tar, no 4000+ chemicals to make it burn right, smoke right, make it taste right and all that crap.

@proanti1 all I can say is maybe you got a cheap model. Like many products there are great ranges of quality available in both the device and the "juice". I did my research before buying and went for a model that many said was the best bang for your buck as well as the easiest model for first time users. The first juice I got was not to good but kept me off analogs, since then I found a great little one man company out of New York that makes incredible flavors with the best quality products available. I have read many threads on the e-cig forum of new users getting suckered by the kiosks you find in the mall charging you an arm and a leg for inferior stuff, at least they found the forum to get the info needed to help them get where they want to get; smoke free!

Right now Im "vaping" (since its not smoke but vapor thats what they call it) maple tobacco flavor and its great.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
magnus213

You call normal cigarettes "analog"? Haha that's hilarious
Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 PM
The Hedgehog

Yeah I kind of chuckled at that myself.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM
-SomeGuy-

I also laughed when I first saw that in the forums but its what they're called in the e-cig world.