Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Warning Beware of Spam website

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning Beware of Spam website

Iam a regular user of this website.Not long ago the site had some bugs in the system and my protection software removed the trojans. I got called by a i guy claiming he was from microsoft.

He said he has noticed i had some problems with my microsoft pc. My dad (he is an ITConsultant)had warned me that MIcrosoft can't call you so if someone does they are not really microsoft. So i said, How can you tell i don't have an apple? He stumbled antried to make excuses then hung up.

I recieved another call by someone saying he can remove the bugs on my computer andi handed it to my dad who didn't reveal he is an IT consultant. My dad disconnected our internet and followed the steps the person was telling him to see what he was upto. The guy still didn't know we disconnected our internet so they can't access our computer. He told us to visit this website so they can remove all the bugs. My dad says this website is a spam so if you get a bloke calling you up telling you to visit a webstie like this don't
www. teche4pc.com
i left the space between . and t so it doesn't become a link.

If you have any warnings to stories to share please do.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warning Beware of Spam website

Yeh I've heard stories about people being called by someone claiming to be from Microsoft saying there's a problem with their computer.
They keep talking to them and make them believe that there's a problem and in the end ask for credit card details.

There's other ones where they claim to be from your bank, say that they have had reports of your credit card being used in a different country and they need you to confirm your details over the phone.

Bottom line - NEVER give your bank details to anyone randomly calling you on the phone.

Bottom line II - As if Microsoft is gonna call you and tell you that there's something wrong with your computer.

Bottom line III - Don't trust anyone ringing you out of the blue offering to help you with a problem.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to get calls all the time from people wanting me to lengthen the factory warranty on my car.

"hello?"
"yes, hello, we have it in our records that your factory warranty is about to expire, would you like to extend it two years?"
"yes"
"ok, we will need some information, what is your make and model?"
"79 Ford Fairmont"
"ok, now we need to do a confirmation of your age, we accept any large credit or debit card to do this, you will not be charged"
"you do realize my car is 30 years old right, I don't think your scam is gonna work"
*click*
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

ORIGINAL: proanti1

I used to get calls all the time from people wanting me to lengthen the factory warranty on my car.

''hello?''
''yes, hello, we have it in our records that your factory warranty is about to expire, would you like to extend it two years?''
''yes''
''ok, we will need some information, what is your make and model?''
''79 Ford Fairmont''
''ok, now we need to do a confirmation of your age, we accept any large credit or debit card to do this, you will not be charged''
''you do realize my car is 30 years old right, I don't think your scam is gonna work''
*click*

Hahahaha

That's awesome.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:29 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: proanti1

''hello?''
''yes, hello, we have it in our records that your factory warranty is about to expire, would you like to extend it two years?''
''yes''
''ok, we will need some information, what is your make and model?''
''79 Ford Fairmont''
''ok, now we need to do a confirmation of your age, we accept any large credit or debit card to do this, you will not be charged''
''you do realize my car is 30 years old right, I don't think your scam is gonna work''
*click*
win
Old 03-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Haddi Taha

Funny Story Proanti

Sadly suckers are born everyday, my dad has had to remove hundreds of these trojans from his customers computers. Never think it won't happen to me. <script></script>

You know whats also funny, those stupid ads that say you have one 1 million dollars or your our millionith customer, claim your prize bs. Its so plain obvious that this is malware. I think its usually 5-10 year old kids who fall for this stuff.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
mechanizeddeath

I think a lot of websites have been having issues lately. I was on some tech sites looking up information on a laptop, and got blasted with trojans and malware.

I got one of those auto warranty calls once. The newest car I've ever owned was a 1999 (in 2007), so I laughed pretty hard and hung up. [&:]