Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Open season is over...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Open season is over...

As most of you know, the car forums have been relatively unmoderated for the past 9 months at least. Poor Ken has been doing his best, but there are a lot of you and a lot of forums, and lets face it, things were getting a bit out of hand.

I have just spent 2 days STRAIGHT closing all the last years's tickets and cleaning up some disgusting behaviour.

Since most of you pass through this (the off topic) forum regularly; this is a note to you all.

Open season is over. I am back. The rules will be upheld. I would like to take this opportunity to urge you all to report inappropriate behaviour so we can nip it in the bud, I can't be everywhere and I need all your help in order to be effective. I have just cleared almost the entire backlog of report tickets, so if you feel you have been ignored in the recent past, fear not, I aim to reverse that and tickets should be back to their old 48 hour max lead time.

Consider this an opportunity to RESET your petty squabbles with other members forgive each other and start to get along. As you can imagiene, after reading and closing maybe 200 reported issues, I have a pretty good idea who hates who and who attacks who and who attacks back. This will now stop, because if things carry on in the vein I've been seeing, action will be taken. I don't care if you have 5 or 5 million posts. If you are in the hobby one or one hundred years. The basic posting guidelines are next to every text entry box that allows you to make a post on our sacred forums, and they aren't hard to follow. No profanity, no flaming, no baiting, no advertising. Be kind, considerate, respectful and helpful. That's it, not hard.

This may sound like a "big bad wolf, I'm gonna get you all" post, but it really isn't. We all want an environment that's pleasant to post in, a place where new guys don't get flamed for saying something silly, and a place where attitudes and egos are left at the door in favour of mature discussion.

Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. Oh, wait, sorry... Violators will be warned, then dealt with if they persist, its the only way to start to get things back on track.

For any of you who wonder who I am (those who joined in the last 15 months), I have the following quote from the final scene of a favorite movie of mine...

"I am Foxy! Nobody's 'carpet'! You are mine. I don't need to know you. You only need to know me. I will be the ONE!" lol

PS. We're looking for new mods, and old ones if they want the position back. PM me if you think you're up to it. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm locking this at the end of this page, it's not intended to be an ongoing topic, I don't think this kind of message warrants extended discussion. Thanks to everyone who will take it in the spirit its intended.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open season is over...

Theres a new sheriff in town, and his name is FOXY!!! I will clean up, Moderated Status sucks!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM
tommygun32

Good news Foxy.

Bobby Flay, Guy F and Rick Stein don't frequent this club, soooooo.......

I nominate DaveG55.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Foxy

Dave has been offered a mod position many times. Being the clever individual that he is, he has declined every time. It's a thankless task. You don't get paid, people challenge you every opportunity, you get called a nazi, etc. You would only do it if you really cared about maintaining this community at your own personal emotional cost.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah until the next great video game comes out......
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Foxy

lol, nah, I missed this great hobby and site. I'll do another two years in the trenches before I take another break. Even when the Old Republic comes out, I learned my lesson from WoW.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
redfisher1974

Thats whats nice about RC, You can put them away for awhile and come back another day.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:54 PM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: Foxy
you get called a nazi,
Hey! This happens to me anyways! Can I be a mod? lol
Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

you get called a nazi,
Think its something to do with your name and the name of a certain person that held the rank Reichsführer-SS in a certain army in 1934
At least thats what I 1st thought you named yourself after
Old 06-24-2011, 06:04 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Eeeehhhhhhhhh.......ish. Heinrich Himmler was acting under direct order from Hitler. Much of the atrocities he was in charge of and comitted were ordered as well, and once Hitlers regime was squealing to a halt Himmler left the scene and began expressing deep remorse and requesting amnesty from the U.S., to divulge full information and to make whatever amends possible. The U.S. declined. Despite how it may seem, Heinrich Himmler actually did, on all accurate historical accounts, have a "change of heart", yet people still view him as a monster, and wrongfully refer to him as a mastermind of it all. Nobody sees the wont to do good in the end.

I am a twice convicted felon, from my younger years, as well as a huge WWII history buff. There was a day when I was all about "Hey! Let's go run up into these *blank*s house and take em for all they got, I got the gun!" as well as much other bad. I have changed, I am in college and just started a good, full-time job after nearly two years ona paper route, just to build up a work record and live clean. There is much more to it, but lets just say I in some distant way, identify with the same plight to turn good and the want to live "normal" after doing X amount of bad, even though mine was on a much smaller level.

I could wholly understand if people wanted to call me out if I used soething like HimmlersProtege, NaziSupreme or even HeidlerFam, but still, but the name HimmlerHimself identifies more with the man than the actions, see? And this is the third and last time I explain it on here haha If anyone has problems with it, they can either go to RCTech instead or someone else can fill em in lol

All that said, you are one of them that would rather be "cool" with me than outright judge from a knee-jerk, thanks SyCo

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

you get called a nazi,
Think its something to do with your name and the name of a certain person that held the rank Reichsführer-SS in a certain army in 1934
At least thats what I 1st thought you named yourself after
Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM
mechanizeddeath

Welcome back Foxy. Yeah I love it here but it was starting to feel like some of the popular 1:1 car forums. And we all know how crazy those can be! Glad to see some cleanup in progress.

And Himmler I hear where you are coming from. It is just a forum name after all and some people read too much into it. I knew another guy years ago who was a huge WWII history buff as well, and he had a lot of WWII paraphernalia , some real and some replicas. But over the years he realized he couldn't keep German items out on display because as soon as people came into his home and saw a Nazi flag or a uniform, it was like the rational part of their brain switched off made extreme assumptions, completely ignoring the context of the other items.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Eeeehhhhhhhhh.......ish. Heinrich Himmler was acting under direct order from Hitler. Much of the atrocities he was in charge of and comitted were ordered as well, and once Hitlers regime was squealing to a halt Himmler left the scene and began expressing deep remorse and requesting amnesty from the U.S., to divulge full information and to make whatever amends possible. The U.S. declined. Despite how it may seem, Heinrich Himmler actually did, on all accurate historical accounts, have a ''change of heart'', yet people still view him as a monster, and wrongfully refer to him as a mastermind of it all. Nobody sees the wont to do good in the end.

I am a twice convicted felon, from my younger years, as well as a huge WWII history buff. There was a day when I was all about ''Hey! Let's go run up into these *blank*s house and take em for all they got, I got the gun!'' as well as much other bad. I have changed, I am in college and just started a good, full-time job after nearly two years on a paper route, just to build up a work record and live clean. There is much more to it, but lets just say I in some distant way, identify with the same plight to turn good and the want to live ''normal'' after doing X amount of bad, even though mine was on a much smaller level.

I could wholly understand if people wanted to call me out if I used soething like HimmlersProtege, NaziSupreme or even HeidlerFam, but still, but the name HimmlerHimself identifies more with the man than the actions, see? And this is the third and last time I explain it on here haha If anyone has problems with it, they can either go to RCTech instead or someone else can fill em in lol

All that said, you are one of them that would rather be ''cool'' with me than outright judge from a knee-jerk, thanks SyCo
Personally I never cared why people use their nick names they do

Personally I'm a WWII documentary fan. Been tempted to make a Nazi flag and hang it on my RC Tiger 1 tank just kinda scared of what mechanizeddeath said about his friend happening.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

What happened to dale foxy? I thought he was the most recent car/truck mod, then again i haven't seen him post in awhile hmmm....
Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 PM
MiamizFinest

Welcome back man, i haven't posted much lately really but i still do reading on here from time to time and have noticed things getting a little out of hand..........alot of the big dude mods have come and gone for some reason or a other but it's good to see you back on the ball to lay down the law out here!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 PM
tommygun32

Jeeeessss guys.....this horse has been flogged to death in a number of other threads and you both know it.

Or are you just trying to hijack a mods thread?

Eeeehhhhhhhhh.......ish. Heinrich Himmler was acting under direct order from Hitler. Much of the atrocities he was in charge of and comitted were ordered as well, and once Hitlers regime was squealing to a halt Himmler left the scene and began expressing deep remorse and requesting amnesty from the U.S., to divulge full information and to make whatever amends possible. The U.S. declined. Despite how it may seem, Heinrich Himmler actually did, on all accurate historical accounts, have a ''change of heart'', yet people still view him as a monster, and wrongfully refer to him as a mastermind of it all. Nobody sees the wont to do good in the end.

I am a twice convicted felon, from my younger years, as well as a huge WWII history buff. There was a day when I was all about ''Hey! Let's go run up into these *blank*s house and take em for all they got, I got the gun!'' as well as much other bad. I have changed, I am in college and just started a good, full-time job after nearly two years on a paper route, just to build up a work record and live clean. There is much more to it, but lets just say I in some distant way, identify with the same plight to turn good and the want to live ''normal'' after doing X amount of bad, even though mine was on a much smaller level.

All that said, you are one of them that would rather be ''cool'' with me than outright judge from a knee-jerk, thanks SyCo
Personally I never cared why people use their nick names they do

Personally I'm a WWII documentary fan. Been tempted to make a Nazi flag and hang it on my RC Tiger 1 tank just kinda scared of what mechanizeddeath said about his friend happening.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

What happened to dale foxy? I thought he was the most recent car/truck mod, then again i haven't seen him post in awhile hmmm....
I can't speak for any of the other mods, and having taken a long leave of absence myself, I am in no position to criticise. We all have lives, and we all get tired of dealing with the crap flinging from time to time.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:15 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

How's that saying go......"If you can't stand the crap....get out of the crapper"? Or was that something about heat and kitchen?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:10 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Jeeeessss guys.....this horse has been flogged to death in a number of other threads and you both know it.

Honestly never saw it in another thread. Probably was one of the days I had extremely spotty access to RCU for about a month a while back. It was literally if I could read 5 posts a day it was a good day for some reason.
And no not trying to hijack a thread, just was a minor side track due to a comment in a thread.

BTW foxy is this going to be like dales I'M BACK TO MOD thread, and he disappears 2 days later again

Also welcome back to the thankless job
one question out of the hundreds of reports how many were for ebay ads, or some guy posting I WONDER IF THIS IS GOOD BUY (insert random link to some non RC item sold by some store in india)
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Honestly never saw it in another thread. Probably was one of the days I had extremely spotty access to RCU for about a month a while back. It was literally if I could read 5 posts a day it was a good day for some reason.
And no not trying to hijack a thread, just was a minor side track due to a comment in a thread.

BTW foxy is this going to be like dales I'M BACK TO MOD thread, and he disappears 2 days later again

Also welcome back to the thankless job
one question out of the hundreds of reports how many were for ebay ads, or some guy posting I WONDER IF THIS IS GOOD BUY (insert random link to some non RC item sold by some store in india)
got a problem with India?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Foxy

About 10%. And no, I'm back for a good long while. I plan to start racing again, but I don't know in what class yet. Perhaps 1/10th electric touring car, but most likely 1/8th electric truggy. I've done mostly on-road racing all my rc career, so my decision is whether or not to carry on in the class I know, or try my hand at off road. I really fancy some of this tbh...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWZ5RHGdWjw[/youtube]
Old 06-25-2011, 09:04 AM
tommygun32

Foxy...that is one Hellacious track there. If you have a track near you with organized racing....believe me....you will absolutely LOVE it. Buggy or Truggy....in fact, I recommend one of each...
Old 06-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Foxy

Well I'm going to convert my MBX5T truggy to electric and put a Monster Max 2200 setup in it. I have also been made a very good offer for a Mugen MBX6 eco (brand new), which I'd be stupid not to take, so I may well end up with both. And yes, there are several decent tracks here. The hobby is very popular in Greece. I used to be a pretty good nitro touring car driver (you can see me driving very casually in my review of the NT1 on this site, it had a nasty off power oversteer problem due to the wrongly specified oil in the kit, so I couldn't really give it some), so I expect I can turn my hand to off road acceptably.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:42 AM
elven wizard

cool track there Foxy
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Foxy

Of course, I believe it's arguably the best off road track in the world, if rhythm driving on smooth clay is what you like. I've certainly never seen such a perfect mix of technical and rhythm. So disappointed I'll never get to drive on it. Maybe I'll build one like that in Greece.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
elven wizard

There's a track in Riverside, not as good as the one in the video. I like watching all kinds of Rc's go on it. I just sit back and enjoy all the excitement. Just watching them jump, one after another and another and taking those turns. Fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.