Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

off-topic...what other hobbies do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default off-topic...what other hobbies do you have?

Just wondering what other hobbies you guys have besides rc, I whitewater kayak all year around and shoot trap every weekend from February to may.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: off-topic...what other hobbies do you have?

playing video games
fish keeping (freshwater tropical, and saltwater reef)
screwing around with electronics, and computers.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
t-max97

What do you play?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

well used to be an avid wow player till this last expansion(I really wonder where they get that best expansion ever quote I'm guessing form an employee) quit in november or december as honestly the game sucks now with the lack of real content they added. I was pretty much done in 2 weeks and fully geared(have every class at 85(multiples of some as I have horde 85 too), and 3-4 at 90)...

played Guild Wars 2 for a few weeks, but everyone I know that promised to play kinda stopped as they didn't want to learn a new interface outside wows got 2 or 3 level 80s in that(max level)...

recently I've been playing a pile of steam games I bought on the winter sale like the batmans, assassins creed 2 etc. so its no real one game anymore. Been having a pile of fun with Tropico 4 Mostly single player games though as I don't need to rely on unreliable buddies to play the game with to have fun.
I've also been thinking of trying startrek online as its now free to play
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
t-max97

Oh, I play ps3 not any pc games mostly because you need a pretty good computer the play them. I always play with friends, if none of my friends are on it gets boring for me. Mostly bf3 and bo2 zombies but Im thinking about selling my ps3 stuff to fund another rc haha, one of my two ps3's is already on ebay. Feel free to buy it.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im a huge car guy and i love my V8's...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I like looking at cars I wish I could buy also. These have to be my all time favorites.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82921.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1849492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63371.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1849493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78176.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1849494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96430.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1849495  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Oh, I play ps3 not any pc games mostly because you need a pretty good computer the play them. I always play with friends, if none of my friends are on it gets boring for me. Mostly bf3 and bo2 zombies but Im thinking about selling my ps3 stuff to fund another rc haha, one of my two ps3's is already on ebay. Feel free to buy it.
dunno my PC's parts cost way less then a PS3, and can play most new games at resolutions that leave the consoles looking pathetic lol

I do want a Wii u though as that is different then the other things, as I've played one and liked what I saw so far on it

phax if I had the room, and cash I'd prolly be working on cars. I've tried to rebuild a old 68 skylark in the past, lost my job figured WELL AL LEAST I GOT TONS OF TIME TO WORK ON IT went out to my garage all my tools were stolen... ended up having to junk it sad as the thing ran fine just needed brakes, and the body redone, but hell couldn't find anyone to buy the engine, and was getting screamed at for having a pile of junk in the yard...
My current car I drive I hate with a passion, and wish someone would steal it or total it while its sitting parked on the street so I could get the insurance money off it... Worst car I've ever worked on, and my mechanic says he hates that model to work on cause its a royal PITA(as far as american cars go)...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

dunno my PC's parts cost way less then a PS3, and can play most new games at resolutions that leave the consoles looking pathetic lol

I do want a Wii u though as that is different then the other things, as I've played one and liked what I saw so far on it

phax if I had the room, and cash I'd prolly be working on cars. I've tried to rebuild a old 68 skylark in the past, lost my job figured WELL AL LEAST I GOT TONS OF TIME TO WORK ON IT went out to my garage all my tools were stolen... ended up having to junk it sad as the thing ran fine just needed brakes, and the body redone, but hell couldn't find anyone to buy the engine, and was getting screamed at for having a pile of junk in the yard...
My current car I drive I hate with a passion, and wish someone would steal it or total it while its sitting parked on the street so I could get the insurance money off it... Worst car I've ever worked on, and my mechanic says he hates that model to work on cause its a royal PITA(as far as american cars go)...
Oh wow, I've never had much luck with pc games...slow computer i guess lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
big JC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm an avid mountain biker and rock climber. Also like to snowboard, mountain climb, and backpack and oh yeah been getting into canyoneering. Was into rc when I was a kid then got into traveling (for said other hobbies)  for the last 15 years. Now that I'm a little settled down got back into rc mainly to pass the time and dazzle my friends at the trailhead and while camping over the weekends. So blown away with how far the hobby has come since I was into it 20+ years ago.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Foxy

I used to be a very serious gamer (PC mainly, but I also own every mainstream console ever produced) competing in worldwide competition at FPS (Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 mainly), at one time I was ranked top 3000 in the world at both.

I also dabble in photography and a lil bit o RC. lol

Lately, I'm playing Borderlands 2 DLC, Skyrim (modded), Grand Theft Auto 4 (modded).
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I used to be a very serious gamer (PC mainly, but I also own every mainstream console ever produced) competing in worldwide competition at FPS (Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 mainly), at one time I was ranked top 3000 in the world at both.

I also dabble in photography and a lil bit o RC. lol

Lately, I'm playing Borderlands 2 DLC, Skyrim (modded), Grand Theft Auto 4 (modded).
Wow, I lag to much to get that good at a game .

I'm an avid mountain biker and rock climber. Also like to snowboard, mountain climb, and backpack and oh yeah been getting into canyoneering. Was into rc when I was a kid then got into traveling (for said other hobbies) for the last 15 years. Now that I'm a little settled down got back into rc mainly to pass the time and dazzle my friends at the trailhead and while camping over the weekends. So blown away with how far the hobby has come since I was into it 20+ years ago.
I got everything I needed for backpacking last year and never went [] still want to though, we camp alot when we kayak so some of it has been used, some of that mountain biking looks pretty intense[&:]. I love whitewater kayaking more than rc but I cant kayak in my yard at anytime.lol

Im not this good but this is the kayak I have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYTqCbr4tMQ
Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Foxy

When I was playing most people were still using dial up modems!! Serious competitions were always played over networks for the lag reasons. Has to be an even playing field.

Eventually, I ran out of time to practice as I got older, and really, that's what it comes down to. He who practices the most, wins. Same reason I quite serious RC racing too.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Foxy

When I was playing most people were still using dial up modems!! Serious competitions were always played over networks for the lag reasons. Has to be an even playing field.

Eventually, I ran out of time to practice as I got older, and really, that's what it comes down to. He who practices the most, wins. Same reason I quite serious RC racing too.
Ha dial up is terrible, we live out in the country and can't get the main internet providers so we have to get a local internet provider and it's unreliable, great one day horrible the next, it sucks.lol
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM
straitnickel

Saving, building, flying, crashing is all I need
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Mr-Punk
My Feedback: (2)

I'm a RC plane builder/flyer not to much on the cars. Maybe soon getting my feet wet in Heli's. But I play and work on/rebuild guitars and tube ampliers. Also general auto work or fix. Some light electronic tinkering as well. Tis all fun hobbies. :-)

Peace,
J
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
fly210sv

I do a lot of target shooting and I fly full scale airplanes. On a good weekend try to do rc flying, full scale flying and some shooting. Top that off with a cold beer at the end of the day and life is good lol.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
fly210sv

Tmax97... that vette is fabulous!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Better not broadcast you have gun(s) Big brother is watching!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM
fly210sv

err..ahhh... it is my fiend's gun.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

RESTORING ANTIQUE CARS,MAINLY 64 1/2-70 MUSTANGS AND ALL 50s AMERICAN MADE CARS...FOR ABOUT 25 YEARS...ANTIQUE FIREARMS...MOSTLY 17th TO EARLY 20th CENTURY...A LOT OF LEVER ACTION...MY FAVORITE IS MY  SERIAL # 54 COLT PEACEMAKER...I HAVE RESTORED JUKEBOXES-PINBALL MACHINES-NEON CLOCKS-MOST ALL BOY TOYS FROM THE 40s AND 50s ....CAMPING - HIKING - BOATING....MY BEST HOBBY IS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER...BESIDES HAVING A GREAT FAMILY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, THEY SHARE MOST OF MY HOBBIES WITH ME....MY DAUGHTER IS 16 AND HAS ONLY MISSED 2 TIMES OF FLYING WITH ME IN 3 YEARS.YES , SHE FLIES SOME TOO.....THIS HOBBY IS NOT AS FAMILY FRIENDLY AS IT CLAIMS....NOT IN THIS PART OF TEXAS ANYWAY...I DO NOT SEE ANY FAMILYS ENCOURAGED...ITS ASHAME SINCE OLD SCHOOL FLYING WILL GO AWAY...PARK FLYERS - HELLI'S AND JETS ARE TAKING OVER...OUT WITH THE OLD I GUESS... 
Old 02-08-2013, 04:04 PM
DarkFire989

Guns, Computers, Gaming, Snowboarding
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I like looking at cars I wish I could buy also. These have to be my all time favorites.
lol, not really looking at them, Im a fully qualified mechanic, but dont work as one becaue ive services enough cars to make me hate it. notways I only work on my car and my Wifes. ATM ive been playing areound with rust removalgetting ready to pain my car.

Here is my car when i Got it, and the pic below it is how i want it to look,

here is my favourite car of all time, my first car was a 4door version
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
iexion

Still messing with guitars after 10 years now. light gaming (yes blacks ops 2... DEAL WITH IT!) and borderlands 2. Wanting a decent gaming rig for StarCraft 2
Raising a child, oh and this thing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63290.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1849692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78709.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1849693  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: iexion

Still messing with guitars after 10 years now. light gaming (yes blacks ops 2... DEAL WITH IT!) and borderlands 2. Wanting a decent gaming rig for StarCraft 2
Raising a child, oh and this thing
if that is the only reason you want a decent rig I'd not waste the money on either

SC2 was one of the most disappointing things I've played. Hell all the most disappointing things I've played in years have come from blizzard starting with SC2... Diablo 3 huge disappointment, WOW's last exp huge disappointment... I doubt I'll spent another $1 on blizzards products(glad I got wows exp for free). Well to think about it SC2 was probably the least disappointing out of the 3(not saying much). SC@'s other issue that I have with it is how they are selling the races missions as expansions... In SC2 you get the humans campaign only(unlike SC1 where you got all 3), and honestly its boring and repetitive for the most part. When I played the game was so horribly balanced it wasn't funny in multiplayer. Honestly you would get rushed before you could form a decent base due to the jump jet marines...

This is coming from someone that used to clock 40-60 hours in star craft 1 and brood wars a week(for a few years straight), spent months playing diablo 2, and many hours on war craft 1, and 2
I have Warcraft 3, but didn't play it that much due to my PC having issues with it back then, also didn't like the lack of naval battles, but still its WAY better than Starcraft 2, and had more play time. This is coming from someone that LOVES RTS's. I also used to play world of warcraft for 12 hours straight a day (way back before any exps) doing PVP (was such a blast back then, but it got more terrible every exp)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.