Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

off-topic...what other hobbies do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: off-topic...what other hobbies do you have?

Those look great! Im not even going to show you the two I did haha.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sbrackets

My other hobby is Astronomy. Both RC & Astronomy I loved as a kid, but neither did I get to do until I was an adult. Now I'm kinda making up for lost time.
Astronomy is very rewarding to me but the times of having a clear dark sky to view is few a far between. That's why I'm glad I have RC planes to fall back on.

As far as viewing the Stars from dark locations places near my home. I do attend week long Star Parties in the Spring and Fall. Soon to be going to the Staunton River Star Party in VA. On March 7th.

Everyone be on the look out for ''Comet Panstarrs'' in mid March. Look to the west just after Sunset to see this Great Comet. It should be naked eye viewable just like Hale-Bopp was in 1997.

My Telescope now is a 12 inch Orion Dobsonian reflector Telescope with DSC (Digital setting circles) in short a computer. See in the attached photo.

Regards, Jim
Honestly I've always been fascinated by the night sky, and wanted to get into astronomy, but where I live there are too many damn lights now that are insanely bright(I'm not joking example I have to use a sleep mask cause the one out front is so bright it lights up my whole house, and even shines through blinds...), and even on a clear day the night sky looks pitch black(If you can make out 3-4 starts that is a lot from the naked eye, used to be able to see way more when I was younger ). Its actually quite depressing. Also majority of the time you couldn't even see anything anyways as its usually cloudy... God do I hate this city wish I had the cash to leave, and live somewhere else as majority of my things I'd love to do are not very compatible here...
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM
t-max97

That sucks, I live in a log house out in the boone docks lol surrounded by woods cow fields and chicken houses.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
FuelCoupe

I build a lot of plastic models, mostly cars and trucks now, military stuff before that I do have a long term project of a 1/35 scale fantasy sailing ship on the go too. Big into model railways but thats on hold for lack of space at my current place, drag racing at a street level with my street car and crew on pro cars too. Was a mad dirt biker in my younger years but a bad accident took the confidence away. Been getting back into airbrushing and drawing a lot lately and of course RC cars. And watching the rain fall.

phmaximus, dont see too many people doing up the marquis, and nothing tuffer then an XC Cobra, I like your taste in cars mate.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM
ejc34710

Model Rocketry, Scale Auto models, Air-cooled vws (i have 2 shortened beetles with fiberglass bodies), bowling, shooting pool, and trap/target shooting.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Nitro Fumes

I like to build plastic scale models. Mainly cars and some motorcycles. Here's a few pictures. I recently finished a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona in 1/25th scale:

Here's a Honda RC211V in 1/12 scale:

Old 03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice.. Rossi's old Repsol bike!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my other hobbies include snowmobiling (Yamaha SXViper), classic cars (65 riviera and 63 corvette), and motocross riding (2010 honda crf450r and 2012 ktm sx450f).
Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Nitro Fumes
Nice models!

I like to build plastic scale models. Mainly cars and some motorcycles. Here's a few pictures. I recently finished a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona in 1/25th scale:

Here's a Honda RC211V in 1/12 scale:

Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Some of my other hobbies include snowmobiling (Yamaha SXViper), classic cars (65 riviera and 63 corvette), and motocross riding (2010 honda crf450r and 2012 ktm sx450f).
Cool, any pics of the vette?
I just realized the title of this thread says WHAT'S other hobbies do you have lol Im going to change that.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow nice job with those models. I've always had horrible luck building plastic models, they never come out looking that great - mainly since I hate painting.

My main other hobby is boating, I have a couple powerboats and a small sportyacht docked in Berkeley. I try to get out on the bay weekly, and a couple times I've taken the yacht down to southern CA along the coast.

I have a small, old sailboat too but I'm not really into sailing, I like big engines instead.

I used to really be into computer hardware, I'd build and modify PCs a lot and built a lot of watercooling and phase change cooling systems. Lately I haven't really cared much for that stuff though. I got into it because I liked PC gaming and would keep up with hardware, but now I just use my PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm also into art collecting and interior design, I used to work for a company that did that stuff. I still take a lot of pride in how I keep my living space and like nice furniture, art, decorations, etc.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: t-max97

I just realized the title of this thread says WHAT'S other hobbies do you have lol Im going to change that.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Nice grill... awesome car! I love corvettes.