Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

your favroite place

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 08:16 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your favroite place

OK where is your favorite place to drive your RC car and drive your RC boat ?? like at cottage or at the track?
for me when i drive my boat I'm in one of two place 1st off its at my cottage where I'm at home with my stuff i can go to the Waters edge and drop my boat in and lay on the dock playing all day, also i have a sail boat and with that i lay on top of the twin engine hatches of our fountain and just sail for hours. then there s the club we race the sail bots and the fast electrics
Old 12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: your favroite place

During the week all RC'ing is done at my house. We have a vacant lot next door that is great for flying my heli's and even driving my cars.

Sometimes on the weekends me and my dad will go to the park or somewhere to drive our trucks but here lately we've been doing heli's because of the cars keep breaking [:@]
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
CadillacDTS2001

that sucks i hate when thing break because if the lhs besnot have it in stock u have to wait and i hate waiting my dad id thinking of getting into airplanes because he is a piolet but in convincing him to get a helicopter
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 PM
michelob78

For mt's it is a gravel and shale pit where they removed alot of material and left jumps all over the place. For on-road I have a "huge" hospital that just layed fresh blacktop parking lots that are empty most of the time. Then there is always the race track, love that place too.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For me, it depends on which RC it is and my mood.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

When I raced trucks, It was Vicksburg R/C Off-Road Raceway in (duh) Vicksburg, MI which happens to be in the backyard of the owners of Fantom Racing's parents house, a nice multi-leveled course.
For my boats, when practicing or playing, I have 3 places within 2 miles of my house to run at. When racing though it's a pond at a conservation club in Saginaw. There's nothing special about the place itself but the club knows how to put on a race and a lot of great people show up there.
It does get a little scary when they are target shooting off turn one though, one reason why I set up down towards turn six.
BTW, that's where my sig came from. I always end up parked down in that area at whatever race that I go to. We seem to have more of a fun crowd there.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Wide Open

im a basher, so really its any open area.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

during the weekdays i run infront of my house or in back on my personal track but on theurs day and saturdays i run at my club

thurs day practice saturday is race

but i havent been able to run much becaus of all the frekin snow and the plows wont do there job correctly

stupid noob plow drivers
Old 12-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Wide Open

man, some noobs sometimes.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive my Pede everywhere, and my Xmods(when they worked[:@]) in either my house or one of my friends'.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:27 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

any big space where we can pop out the lawn chairs, down a few brews (legally drinking and driving, so there!) and run into each other