Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Weird local news stories

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Weird local news stories

This could be fun and interesting. I just picked up the local paper and saw 2 stories that were one, odd and the other almost too strange. The first I have a link to so I don't have to tell the whole story.
A 69 year-old man had just finished bowling his third perfect game when in the fifth frame of his second game suffers a Heart Attck and dies while up to bowl. http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/...490.xml&coll=7
The second story makes you wonder about "What the Hell they were thinking?"
A Paw Paw, MI man got his car stuck in the mud. After trying to get it unstuck without success by himself, he gets out of the car and grabs his toolbox and places it on the gas pedal while he pushes. You probably have the idea of what happens now. The car gets free and with the box on the pedal and accelerates to speeds at around 100 MPH for about 1 mile until the car hits a tree putting the bumper up to the windshield. Police were surprised to find that the man was "stone-cold sober" and wouldn't release the drivers name to help him from being too embarassed.

If you have a weird local story, a link to the newspaper or TV station will help to make sure that the story is true. My paper only archives stories for a few days so if this thread keeps going, this may not appear later.

I found a link to story #2: http://www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?statio...out_local.html
Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
That0neGuy
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird local news stories

...............lol
Old 12-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Weird local news stories

They just showed the story on TV. It was a big Mercury or Lincoln that went for a ride. The right front tire was almost in the passengers seat. The TV station said that it only went about 1/2 mile through the beanfield and had gone airborne several times as they followed the path with the news truck, not too bright either.
We've had drunks do some stupid people stunts but it was hard to believe that he was sober. Those are another story.