Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 05:47 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay

Post why ebay is good for buying and selling rc's. Also tell how it is rare that bad things will happen when ordering rc's. I'm trying to convince my mom to let me sell my stuff and get new stuff off ebay.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Haulin Azz

Default RE: Ebay

Ebay is a good way to make cash to buy more so in the end you will have more rc and cash!!!! Bad things hardly ever happen on ebay you will just have to check and make sure they have good feedback and are listing the item true if there are no pictures on what you are bidding on don't bid. Good luck
Old 02-20-2006, 05:58 PM
FSTlosiEVR
Banned

You will lose everything on ebay...dont do it.ITS A TRAP!1!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Haulin Azz

What ever dude you have no idea what you are talking about![&:]
Old 02-20-2006, 06:12 PM
-Inverted-

Lets name just a few of my deals from ebay here

-64 AA batteries $1.00
-nice headphones $.01
-brushless motor $1.00
Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Haulin Azz

ebay=Good!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

ORIGINAL: GENERAL LEE 01

ebay=Good!!!
Not exactly. Ebay is good for most things, but some things are very bad about Ebay. Customer service is not very good and most of the time they don't even respond. Paypal is the best way to pay, and cash wiring is the worst. I get scammed out of $650 by Ebay. Just be VERY careful with who you deal with and ALWAYS check the seller/buyer's feedback. NEVER bid on anything without a picture. Always deal through Ebay and never, NEVER! do 2nd chance offers. That aside, Ebay is a good service and is easily the most convenient way to obtain things for cheap. Good luck!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
michelob78

I have bought several rc's from ebay.... I have never had a problem yet. As long as you pay attention to the feedback. I also don't do business with anyone who charges ridiculous shipping charges just on principal, even if it is a good price! [>:]
Old 02-20-2006, 08:34 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I buy (and sell) a bunch of stuff on ebay, in fact I just ordered a brushless ESC (for a heli, not for one of my cars) off ebay the other day.

So far I have only had one minor problem, which was quickly corrected. I bought a handheld PC which was supposed to include a docking station but when I got the package the docking station was missing, emailed the seller and he didn't have any in stock so he gave me a $40 refund (which is actually more than the docking station was worth).
Old 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not use the RCU Marketplace? No cost to place an ad so you save money there. If you use PayPal, you still end up by giving eBay more more as guess who owns PayPal? The PayPal insurance is another rip-off as if you get ripped, you'll only get a fraction of what you lost. eBay has gotten too big for their britches and could care less about the little person, only their Power Sellers.
I would rather buy something for someone on a forum-based website such as this one or the others as after a while we get to know each other. Most of the time on eBay, you're dealing with a complete stranger.
Feedback is a joke unless you really dig into it. Some people's feedback includes what they have purchased and sold which throws the balance off. Bad eBayer's always seem to come back on in another incarnation after a while, I know of one that has been banned off eBay at least 6 times yet keeps getting back on.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Kemo

i've tried the rcu market place many of times... i'll stick to ebay thank you.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 PM
-Inverted-

Why not use the RCU Marketplace? No cost to place an ad so you save money there.
The problem with the RCU marketplace is there isnt near as many ads as there is on ebay, I check out both quite frequently.