Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

SCARY STORY(1/8th buggy crash)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCARY STORY(1/8th buggy crash)

O my GOODNESS!!!

At work I have this R/C club with middle school kids.

Yesterday, were were on the field and I was opening up my buggy while the kids were tuning their motors.

I was going full tilt(WOT) and the car was coming to me. The kids were behind me on the grough tuning their cars in the shade.

I apply my brakes a good distance away but the car just stays on WOT. O snap!!! So I steer the car away but the car wont turn.

I'm thinking, "O NO!!" So in my head, I'm thinking, "Save the kids, take the bullet now." So while I'm trying to steer and stop this black beast, I run in front of my car to put my foot out to stop it. Now, I'm expecting a broken ankle or something extremely painful but I have to sacrifice myself to save the crowd.

So as it's about to hit my foot, I steer it away but it's still WOT.

The car is heading straight for a wall going about 52mph. I try to steer away but impact is inevitable. Next thing I see as I hear the kids say: "Holy Shishkabob," is my buggy slamming the front left tires and front bumper. Then the buggy flies 15 feet in the air while the motor screams in agony.

I think, this car is done. Time for a rebuild. As I approached the car as it laid on its back, I was expecting the worst(broken chassis, broken motor, broken suspension, broken everything).

Gues what: Things broken = 0.

My car received a little scratch on the bottom chassis but everything works perfect. Nothing broke. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though this buggy scared and frustrated me yesterday, I must say that this little mother is a tough son of a brine shrimp.

O yea, what do you think the problem was? Both batteries in the remote and reciever were charged and the throttle doesn't get stuck open.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:11 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SCARY STORY(1/8th buggy crash)

That could have been nasty....

My guess is interference - one of the kids probably turned on their transmitters without thinking.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 AM
damon jato

yeh my bet was interference aswell
Old 04-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Wide Open

if it suddenly turned away from you, and seemed glitchy, it was probably interference.
we had an occurance just like this at my airfield yesterday. some guys brand new electric kept getting hits on the transmitter from who knows where, and it crashed in the desert. of course the li-poly pack exploded so we had to go out with a bunch of water and sand to put out the fire.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
R/C fan-addict

once I went to a model rocket air day (with R/C planes too) (model rocketry is my side hobby, although I sortof half dropped it) and so a guy is launching this gigantic G size (I think the biggest model rocket engine you can buy without a permit) and as it comes off the launch rod it takes off towards the crowd and starts blazing towards the guy controlling the launch at his desk. Luckily no one got hurt but it gave us all quite a scare. The rocket just zoomed out of the launch area and flew somewhere into the forest (engine had finished burning otherwise we could have gotten a forest fire lol) that same day I launched my estes sizzler rocket (which I way overpowered with I think a C6-5, lol) and it went really really high on a cloudy day and I lost it... []
Old 04-04-2006, 12:20 AM
gunnut

[X(]wow these stories are intense, keep them coming

That giant rocket could have been really bad!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:16 PM
R/C fan-addict

oh once I was launching a model rocket at a nearby park and a family with a dog came to watch. As soon as I hit the launch button the dog takes off towards the launch pad! Luckily the rocket was already airbourne and the dog didn't get hurt but it scared the crap out of me! lol
Old 04-04-2006, 04:44 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

When i was in 7th grade we had a rocket launch day....they lit this 11 year old kid launch a HOME MADE rocket...bad idea. The nose was way off centered and crokked and had no chute and was connected with tape, as was the engine. So the thing launches and about .00000001 seconds later, it does a hairpin and is heading straight at me and my friend's faces, so we duck and the thing prctically brushes over my head then slammed into the ground to my enjoyment[>:]
Old 04-04-2006, 05:25 PM
dark321devil

I was at my a field and fueling my car. My 5yearold cousin is behind me and there is a wall behind him. My dad is talking to another guy who is using a revo i think it was. He put a spring on the throttle servo to get better response from the servo. The servo gears stripped and the spring pulled it to WOT. All i hear is the car coming closer and it comes on one side and my cousin jumped over and out of the way and the car crashes into the wall and flies to my other side still at WOT. My dad told me it was funny 2 see me and my cousin jumping out of the way.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:29 AM
NITROHOLICS ANONYMOUS

WOT into tree, 2 metres ('bout 6 foot) air, nothin' broke!!! nuff said