Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

SEVERE WEATHER THREAD!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:05 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SEVERE WEATHER THREAD!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Longhair

Chicago's Blizzard of '79
Moved to Florda and 1.5 months later - Hurricane Andrew '92
Chicago's 105°F Heat Wave '95 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,4201565.story)
im jeolus[&o]
Old 04-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I remember that big snowstorm around 78-79. It was a wednesday night when it came through. At that time I was a CB Channel 9 monitor working normally the Midnight to 3:00 AM shift. I was up all night long taking emergency calls while I watched my Firebird get snowed under in the driveway.
Another doozie was in `68 while I was still in high school. By the time that they closed the school and got the buses there we already had gotten almost a foot of the white stuff. The next day we had close to 3 feet.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Longhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a kid during that blizzard.

I remember the snow drifts were level with the garage roof though [X(]
Old 04-27-2008, 01:58 AM
associatedrules

Hurricane Charlie- Tree fell from my yard and crushed my neighbor's van and front porch. Which also pulled out the water line that goes to my house. After making sure that the neighbor was okay my brother and I ran out in the middle of the storm holding on to a chain link fence to shut off the water valve by the road. Then we continued the hurricane party.
Hurricane Francis- Big hurricane party with lots of rain and wind.
Hurricane Ivan- Big Party with lots of rain and wind and alcohol.
All three storms we had no water, no electricity, and no gas for at the very least 1 week.
Fun times.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 AM
ElectricGuy007

We had an earthquake a few days ago. The fault line was that toll bridge heading to Albion IL.
Albion is shut down for the season anyhow, but in order for Tim Wolfe to see me he has to take the long way around to get to KY.[&o]
Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah! i forgot, we had a earth quake a week or two ago, i woke up at 5am for no reason, and whent back to sleep.

later someone asked "did you feel the quake last night at 5?" i was amaazed, he said that he saw stuff on his walls shaking, a picture fell and it stopped.

the first noticible earthquake in illinois for some 40 years.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

apparenty we had an earth quake around here or something i forget i think it was just a shock from a bigger one that happened down south
Old 04-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It was weird. I worked the 11-7 shift that week and sitting on a forklift when it happened. Not until I got home did I know what went on as this isn't exactly an area known for earthquakes. Being in a big factory I'm used to the machinery making vibrations but I thought that it was another forkift driver messin' with me. When you're sitting on top of 18" of concrete on solid ground it takes a lot to shake it. I'm trying to imagine how it felt by the epicenter.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Gex_61

Nothing to report from sunny California, other than it was 92'F today. I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can because before too long it is going to be in the 100's. I think the high was 114'F last year, maybe higher. I wasn't going to say anything about earthquakes because they aren't really weather related, but... We get a few here in California. lol

One of the larger ones that I remember was maybe 2 years ago. Our living room couches are in an "L" shape. I was sitting on one, talking to my dad who was sitting on the other. We had an earthquake that almost felt like you were rolling, like ripples on water. I started to move side to side on one couch, and my dad was moving front to back on the other. It wasn't a little shake either it felt like I was sitting in the back of a moving truck. It lasted for about 30 seconds. Our house made creaking noises. My grandparents called shortly after because they felt the same earthquake 50 miles away. It was worse where they were. They said their dishes were rattling in the cupboards.

I have plenty of earthquake stories to tell. We get little ones all the time they are plenty noticeable. Out of all the natural phenomena’s out there, I prefer earthquakes. If you're outside, no problem. If you're inside, find a doorway or table just in case.

Check this out- http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/
Old 04-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

wonder when the fiannal earthquake is gonna be and you guys and your state brake off and create your own country of California
Old 05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

BAHHHH
Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Checkpointracer

lol we in fergus falls MN just got that in the form of a snowstorm.[:@]
Old 05-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

yeah lol

refer to my other post above
Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
MaxxOrange

you want to know about severe weather? read my thread- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_75...tm.htm#7539910