Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

Well...I'm here anyway. (For now).

Couple of questions/thoughts, organized in numbered format just for kicks:

1) I'm trying to cram the Novak SS5800 system into my TA-05R presently. Manual has you put the BEC on top of the steering servo, ESC in a tiny spot behind the motor. Problem is, that Novak ESC won't fit there. Any issue interference-wise with putting the ESC on top of the steering servo (assuming there is body clearance)? Otherwise, it's chassis cutting time (sob).

2) For mounting the steering servo, you need to trim off one of the lower mounts/holes on the servo for it to fit (think: lower left). One snip and I trimmed the whole #@$@ side off by accident. Bye bye, S3003 servo. Any suggestions on a good replacement servo for the TA-05? Is S3010 overkill, or something like the S3004 (or another 3003) good enough?

3) I got a run in today with the Stampede and the 19T x 1 Chameleon2 Pro motor in it. Meh. It was a bit quicker than the Titan, and sounded much smoother...but it just seems to be lacking something. Maybe that's not a good fit for that platform. Any motor suggestions (other than BL right now) for the Pede XL-5? I'm thinking Checkpoint Money Motor 19T since I've been brainwashed by the talk of it here, but am open for discussion.

It's hard, since I don't want to dump the BL $$ in it right now...but a $40+ brushed motor (for a good one!) hurts too. Hmm...maybe put the Chameleon into the TA-05, and Novak in the Pede? Tough one....
Old 09-30-2007, 01:20 AM

Since there is nothing I'll post some pics of random stuff I got...

[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/paintstikker/IMG_2569.jpg/image]
Old 09-30-2007, 03:52 AM

nice wire there paint
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Eman77

1) I'm trying to cram the Novak SS5800 system into my TA-05R presently. Manual has you put the BEC on top of the steering servo, ESC in a tiny spot behind the motor. Problem is, that Novak ESC won't fit there. Any issue interference-wise with putting the ESC on top of the steering servo (assuming there is body clearance)? Otherwise, it's chassis cutting time (sob).

2) For mounting the steering servo, you need to trim off one of the lower mounts/holes on the servo for it to fit (think: lower left). One snip and I trimmed the whole #@$@ side off by accident. Bye bye, S3003 servo. Any suggestions on a good replacement servo for the TA-05? Is S3010 overkill, or something like the S3004 (or another 3003) good enough?

3) I got a run in today with the Stampede and the 19T x 1 Chameleon2 Pro motor in it. Meh. It was a bit quicker than the Titan, and sounded much smoother...but it just seems to be lacking something. Maybe that's not a good fit for that platform. Any motor suggestions (other than BL right now) for the Pede XL-5? I'm thinking Checkpoint Money Motor 19T since I've been brainwashed by the talk of it here, but am open for discussion.

It's hard, since I don't want to dump the BL $$ in it right now...but a $40+ brushed motor (for a good one!) hurts too. Hmm...maybe put the Chameleon into the TA-05, and Novak in the Pede? Tough one....
1. There shouldn't be any interference with the esc and servo

2. The S3010 is only a tad faster than the S3003/4 so seeing as you arn't racing I would just go for the S3004. The other option is use the standard servo (if you havn't already upgraded that) from your Pede and then get a nice higher torque steering servo foor the Pede.

3. How were temps? Any chance of it being overgeared? If temps/gearing was fine I would put the Novak in the Pede and the Chameleon in the TA-05 A BL mt has got to be more fun than a BL onroad
Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 AM

my order

Old 09-30-2007, 04:29 AM

has anyone got a hornet and a lunchbox?
i was on the bay and a guy said that he fitted a hornet pinion to his box, can someone try this to see if it works
Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Luke, your RC mart total doesnt make sense! dont reckon much to their calculator!

and yes thats the right ball diff you got a picture of, i'm sure i sent it, but i'll check my parts boxes anyhow..
Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: lee172

Luke, your RC mart total doesnt make sense! dont reckon much to their calculator!

and yes thats the right ball diff you got a picture of, i'm sure i sent it, but i'll check my parts boxes anyhow..
thanks, i am sure i dont have it
Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 AM

maybe it does make sense! thought the TT-01 was parts, not a full kit! [&:]
Old 09-30-2007, 09:43 AM

maybe it does make sense! thought the TT-01 was parts, not a full kit! [&:]
what?, im confused? have you got that diff?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: rc monkey

2. The S3010 is only a tad faster than the S3003/4 so seeing as you arn't racing I would just go for the S3004. The other option is use the standard servo (if you havn't already upgraded that) from your Pede and then get a nice higher torque steering servo foor the Pede.

3. How were temps? Any chance of it being overgeared? If temps/gearing was fine I would put the Novak in the Pede and the Chameleon in the TA-05 A BL mt has got to be more fun than a BL onroad
You know what? Those are some solid ideas - you got me thinking....

1) Then I'll mount my ESC in the TA-05 wherever I can cram it.

2) I did notice that when looking at specs. S3010 is really for the TQ gain more than anything. I was considering getting slightly bigger wheels/tires for the Pede anyway, so using its servo in the TA-05 and putting a stronger one (a new 3010?) in the Pede is a solid idea.

3) Temps seemed fine, was still using stock gearing in the Pede (setup was the same, the only change I made was swapping in the Chameleon for the Titan). Perhaps the Chameleon just isn't a good fit for the Pede. Right now I've got a Mamba 6900 (in the Bosscat), Novak SS5800, and the Chameleon2. Your ideas made me think - maybe put the 5800 in the Pede for BL fun. I want to treat the TA-05 right, so I might just slip that Mamba in that, and put the Chameleon in the Bosscat.

It would be easier on the Cat that way, esp since spares are a pain and expensive. My rear hub where it mates with the wheel to drive is is stripping out - perhaps BL in a vintage (albeit solid quality) buggy isn't wise long-term.

I ran the Chameleon in the Bosscat a while ago and enjoyed it - going back to that should be fine. But I think I'm getting so used to BL that brushed seems too slow. at times
Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Great news, finealy got a working RC, got a xmitter for my radioshack vehicle, prety fun, got to glue the tires, make headlights... kindof fast, about 6 offroad, with non glued tires and running it a bit, good total of $10.00 investment, once I get my cammera software on my new (sortof) computer, I will post a vid of it, it has coil over friction shocks so it just bounces all over the place, prety funny to watch
Old 09-30-2007, 02:14 PM

got a bit further with the build, built the front shock, mounted the servo...

put the outdrives the wrong way round which it didnt like!

hey Luke i found the missing ball diff! my apologies, i'll post it out tomorrow..
Old 09-30-2007, 02:46 PM

got a bit further with the build, built the front shock, mounted the servo...

put the outdrives the wrong way round which it didnt like!

hey Luke i found the missing ball diff! my apologies, i'll post it out tomorrow..
is this the ford build?, what colour are you doing the shell??
thanks lee [:-)]
Old 09-30-2007, 03:02 PM

1) See pics for some ideas on electronics.

2) You want a servo in the 80oz/ .10-.13 range ideally for 4wd sedan.

3) Try the inventory closeout section on Towers. Like this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LR1266&P=IR Maintenance will be a pain though. You can also try those S600s everyone is using.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62886.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	773493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14395.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	773494  
Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM

yeah the F-150 build, i uploaded a pic (as normal) but it came out at some massive size (not normal).. [:@]
Old 09-30-2007, 03:54 PM

yeah the F-150 build, i uploaded a pic (as normal) but it came out at some massive size (not normal).. [:@]
lol, unlucky, i'll see it when you get it fixed

what do you think about this paint job for my RX7

http://www.drifting.es/fotos/coches/...x-7/rx-7-2.jpg

Old 09-30-2007, 03:58 PM

it would be better if they allowed hotlinking!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: rc monkey

You know what? Those are some solid ideas - you got me thinking....

1) Then I'll mount my ESC in the TA-05 wherever I can cram it.

2) I did notice that when looking at specs. S3010 is really for the TQ gain more than anything. I was considering getting slightly bigger wheels/tires for the Pede anyway, so using its servo in the TA-05 and putting a stronger one (a new 3010?) in the Pede is a solid idea.

3) Temps seemed fine, was still using stock gearing in the Pede (setup was the same, the only change I made was swapping in the Chameleon for the Titan). Perhaps the Chameleon just isn't a good fit for the Pede. Right now I've got a Mamba 6900 (in the Bosscat), Novak SS5800, and the Chameleon2. Your ideas made me think - maybe put the 5800 in the Pede for BL fun. I want to treat the TA-05 right, so I might just slip that Mamba in that, and put the Chameleon in the Bosscat.

It would be easier on the Cat that way, esp since spares are a pain and expensive. My rear hub where it mates with the wheel to drive is is stripping out - perhaps BL in a vintage (albeit solid quality) buggy isn't wise long-term.

I ran the Chameleon in the Bosscat a while ago and enjoyed it - going back to that should be fine. But I think I'm getting so used to BL that brushed seems too slow. at times
Sounds like a plan Yeah go easy on the old Cat
Old 09-30-2007, 04:04 PM

it would be better if they allowed hotlinking!
yeah i agree lol
Old 09-30-2007, 04:05 PM

where is LB?, he is online
Old 09-30-2007, 04:30 PM

someone needs to make a nitro lunchbox
Old 09-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah Racing...............

ORIGINAL: rcluke

ATTENTION ALL M CHASSIS OWNERS
absolute bargain wheels and tyres
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=24727
Old 09-30-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course that works.. you just overgear the heck out of the LB, that's all...

The 2 uses the same gearbox...

LB uses a motor adaptor to use the small pinion..

has anyone got a hornet and a lunchbox?
i was on the bay and a guy said that he fitted a hornet pinion to his box, can someone try this to see if it works
Old 09-30-2007, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Yeah Racing...............

ATTENTION ALL M CHASSIS OWNERS
absolute bargain wheels and tyres
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=24727
yeah, cant go wrong for that price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.