Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 03:23 PM
rcluke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

i just got back from a car show (autosport international), they had some nitro cars (1/8th F1 cars) racing, aswel as some B/L 1/10 touring cars.
They also had some cheap HPI touring cars for the public to drive, the transmitters were stick though, so i couldnt show the kids how it's done.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM
lee172

ive just seen the Top Gear episode with the racing motor-homes, my cheeks are aching i laughed so much!!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:53 PM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: lee172

ive just seen the Top Gear episode with the racing motor-homes, my cheeks are aching i laughed so much!!
ha, i liked that one, my favourite from last series was where clarkson was driving around the BBC building in the little peel
Old 01-13-2008, 04:07 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: turbotb0205

well i suppose you could convert one to electric.. or you could just buy an electric cen..

as far as a conversion goes revofreak and i already build a brushless cen matrix truggy arena FRE
feigao 8xl mamba max esc 12 cells
Yeah when I do the conversions I'll have to use that same setup, at least I plan on it.
The mamba can handle 12 or dual 6-cell batteries "in series" so I've heard just like a EVX esc in an e-maxx.[8D]
I might use those Eflite airplane motors also, they have low KV for tons of power!
Either that or the Blue Nemesis brushless motors. Those motors have to have lots of power!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Nick2618

LB u need to submit this for shot of the moment on RCU. 2 wheelie machine with a blizzard in the background!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha, you got my permission to submit if you want...
Old 01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
The Hedgehog

It was a really good time. The Blizzard is a really cool machine. The best part is that tomorrow is supposed to snow like crazy so I know there will be oppurtunity for running r/c's in the snow. I will get the T-egg ready for tomorrow.

I was just feeling that empty feeling when you have nothing to build (just finished my heli) and now I have some nice hopups to install on my courage!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:38 PM
ElectricGuy007

LOL! Awesome photo![8D]
Who's got the aluminum upgrades...hehe
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Lunchboxer

Sounds like AutoXMan is ready for another kit.....

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

It was a really good time. The Blizzard is a really cool machine. The best part is that tomorrow is supposed to snow like crazy so I know there will be oppurtunity for running r/c's in the snow. I will get the T-egg ready for tomorrow.

I was just feeling that empty feeling when you have nothing to build (just finished my heli) and now I have some nice hopups to install on my courage!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Sounds like AutoXMan is ready for another kit.....
Ha yeah I guess it is about coming to be that time, I have been averaging one a month so I am due for one in January, although at that rate I will be broke in no time.

I kind of want something fast this time around, maybe something with a mild brushless setup? Hmmm hard to decide. Ya know I should do some modding on the T-egg to make it more trail worthy.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Lunchboxer

Maybe just get a BL setup for your on-road?!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
The Hedgehog

Well the thing is I do not have a solid 4WD setup for onroad yet. I have the Courage and Jaguar (awesome!) and a TT-01. None of which would be easy to control without the use of a gyro (like you ). Which is why I am tempted to get a TA-05, but my onroads do not get much use. Maybe if it was brushless I would, but I think I am leaning towards one more offroad before I get the TA-05.

By the way, what chassis is the Jaguar technically. I know it is a F103 derived chassis but is there special name for it? Man looking at those guys makes me want to run them right now.

I like the TLT idea, but I am afraid it may not be as much of a speedy basher that I am looking for, could be good to bash around though and is quite unique. I am not ready to shell out the dough for a TXT (yet) the hotshot is appealing, as is the frog, hmmmm. Ya know what I may do is wait for the next re release and pounce on that (asuming it is a good one!)

Man I outta babble on to myself ha!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:51 PM
[]TEX[]

I maidened the T-rex 500 today, it is amazing.

I had my father take a really cool picture of the heli hovering and me in the bacround I have to resize it and post it.
A couple friends have those here. They fly really nice and you can easily fly it on two 3S packs.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: B44RacerEX

well i suppose you could convert one to electric.. or you could just buy an electric cen..

as far as a conversion goes revofreak and i already build a brushless cen matrix truggy arena FRE
feigao 8xl mamba max esc 12 cells
Yeah when I do the conversions I'll have to use that same setup, at least I plan on it.
The mamba can handle 12 or dual 6-cell batteries "in series" so I've heard just like a EVX esc in an e-maxx.[8D]
I might use those Eflite airplane motors also, they have low KV for tons of power!
Either that or the Blue Nemesis brushless motors. Those motors have to have lots of power!
Nemesis blue ARE feigao motors.. same motor different color can

the mamba max can deal with 5cell lipoly if you disable the BEC and use a Ubec ask tex hes runnin the mamba max on 14cells in his savage
and i dont suggest the eflite motors not enough tq really

Well the thing is I do not have a solid 4WD setup for onroad yet. I have the Courage and Jaguar (awesome!) and a TT-01. None of which would be easy to control without the use of a gyro (like you ). Which is why I am tempted to get a TA-05, but my onroads do not get much use. Maybe if it was brushless I would, but I think I am leaning towards one more offroad before I get the TA-05.

By the way, what chassis is the Jaguar technically. I know it is a F103 derived chassis but is there special name for it? Man looking at those guys makes me want to run them right now.

I like the TLT idea, but I am afraid it may not be as much of a speedy basher that I am looking for, could be good to bash around though and is quite unique. I am not ready to shell out the dough for a TXT (yet) the hotshot is appealing, as is the frog, hmmmm. Ya know what I may do is wait for the next re release and pounce on that (asuming it is a good one!)

the tlt would be horrid with a fast brushless lol uncontrollable and top heavy as all getout as far as a 2wd onroad as long as they arent direct drive you shouldnt have too much issue with them set your throttle up and traction control up properly itll be fine

as for a speedy offroad basher id suggest the DI or the keen hawk throw a big brushless in and enjoy
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Lunchboxer

I like the idea of a HotShot!! Wouldn't make a great racer but should be a great basher w/ hisotircal significance!!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
The Hedgehog

Me too! The Hotshot is more and more appealing to me hmmmmmm.

Anyway, me flying my T-rex 500 (excuse the goofy grin)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19565.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	850682  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
ElectricGuy007

[quote]ORIGINAL: turbotb0205

[quote]ORIGINAL: B44RacerEX

Nemesis blue ARE feigao motors.. same motor different color can

the mamba max can deal with 5cell lipoly if you disable the BEC and use a Ubec ask tex hes runnin the mamba max on 14cells in his savage
and i dont suggest the eflite motors not enough tq really

Well Turbo you do know quite a bit because you have done this before, but in order to be roar legal possibly I'll have to wait for this
from novak to be release to us american consumers.[8D] It's a total conversion kit and includes battery trays etc..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72385.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	850689  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
ElectricGuy007

More information:
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/co...kit/index.html
Old 01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
ElectricGuy007

I completly forgot about that tamiya Nitrage.
The poll is up vote away in the off-topic forum.[8D]
Old 01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

roar legal is a joke.. the way they do things is simply half hearted and stupid its been quite some time waiting on a brushless class.. and now we have one.. we cant use lipo...
they claim an even playing field simply not true.. and even playing field would be all the same size motor not under said terms with all like batteries.. EG 6t or above 25C lipoly "manufacturer makes no difference" and choose your mah as you normally would.. their are way too many inconsistencies in nimh technology to limit the battery type

ive seen cells all from the same batch come out
some deal with 50A bursts like they were meant for it. some are lucky to deal with 15A without heating up but you put 2 like lipoly together and they will deal with their rated spec and deliver
the most avail punch and power they have to offer or that the system needs

now i could be wrong but the last time i looked at roar regs this was the case.. i dont follow rc racing.. for the simple fact its not about the driver or the fun anymore
its about who has the deepest pockets and the most sponsorship

then there is the below

novak hv system claims the esc is capable of over 400A.. and the motor spikes over 100 yet its output is 750W? 16.8V (14 cells) = 1680Watts at 100A spike
so they have a nasty gate on their system is the only real explanation i myself would rather pay 140$ for a Mamba Max esc and 50$ on a feigao motor
than spend 270$ on a novak system that has a gate and make a true 2000W all usable power
Old 01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Lunchboxer

AutoXMan, nice pic w/ the T-REX!!

I think I need to stop bashing RCs with you or I'd end up w/ a heli soon.. hee..
Old 01-13-2008, 11:52 PM
ElectricGuy007

Yes Turbo I know, I have to be roar legal if I wanna race it!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
revofreak

ORIGINAL: B44RacerEX

Yes Turbo I know, I have to be roar legal if I wanna race it!
If your interested B44.. Here is my conversion that turbo was talking about.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:44 AM
ElectricGuy007

Looks like you need battery trays for it.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:50 AM
revofreak

Not really, these are working fine until i get lipo.. but ya, it wasn't really a hard conversion at all.. normal stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.